MTV developing Scream series

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://tvline.com/2012/06/03/scream-tv-series-mtv/
Exclusive: MTV Developing Scream TV Series

Ghostface is taking his reign of terror to the small screen.

MTV is developing a weekly series based on the Scream film franchise, TVLine has learned exclusively.
Former MTV execs Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley, who are shepherding the project under their DiGa production shingle, are on the hunt for a writer to pen the pilot.

It’s unclear what role, if any, Scream auteurs Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven will have in the potential series.

The four Scream flicks have brought in $500 million globally.

Kevin Williamson better ****ing be involved in this in some way. Even if not as a writer/showrunner, since he's got two other series on the air, just get his input on the arc and the characters. Otherwise it's sure to be ****.

IDK if this movie series can work as a TV Series then again it will depend on the plot. I suppose it can work like Harper's Island.

From the producers of The Hills, Teen Mom 2, and Paris Hilton's New Blah Blah Blah? There goes my hope for this show.

I definitely hope this is more Teen Wolf and less EVERY OTHER THING that has been on MTV ever. Then at least there's a chance that it may be enjoyable.

I'm not panicking just yet. We know NEXT to nothing about this. Maybe this is what the franchise needs. Maybe it needs a fresh start.

It could work. But, it depends on who is writing it.

How could a slasher story work on a weekly basis? Seems like it would get old fairly quickly.

**** I saw bring it on! I was JUST thinking about something like this. It could definitely work as a "who dunnit" type of series. I'm all for it. "Scream" is my all time favorite horror movies next to "Evil Dead".

If they focus on the actual investigation of the murders it could be interesting. Make the Woodsboro police officers important characters etc. Otherwise I foresee alot of teen drama filler where the mystery takes a backseat.

Last edited:
I like the idea of developing it as a tv show because it really makes the whole who-dunit idea even more engaging. You get to know all these characters over the course of the season and then all will be revealed in the finale. The films themselves could have made a good tv show if you think about it.

But Williamson better ****ing be apart of this in some capacity. Even his approval over things will be comforting enough. Otherwise, I'm gonna be very, very skeptical. Because I don't want a bunch of people mishandling what this series has been about and going overboard with it.

Because you know... meta, teenage characters, and MTV: That could be a chemical mixture for disaster.

After the tired out idea-free zone of the fourth movie, I really can't imagine what they're hoping to achieve with this... except maybe milk whatever's left of the brand for a season or two to make a quick buck.

I am really curious on how they plan to to do this ... Is this going to turn into a Killing type who dun it show where we have to wait multiple seasons to find out the killer or is each season going to have a nerw story with new characters ...To me this could be really good or really awful .

Watching Scream 2 right now. They'll need to have the meta element to make this work. Which means, in the series, they need to be making a Stab TV series.

If theres some cross promotion with the jersey shore cast being picked off by ghostface(snooki first please) count me in

I'd rather see a Scary Movie series than Scream :p

Best have Neve Campbell & Courtney Cox appearances, they don't have to play their characters from the movies but it would still be nice to have them in some capacity.

Yeah, Kevin Williamson should really get involved with this. Reinforcing the meta aspect of Scream with a Stab TV series would be pretty cool, too.

I'm so out of the loop for the movies, but has there been any recent development towards a potential Scream 5?

Not really. Williamson envisioned a trilogy with S4, but left due to creative fallout with the Weinsteins. And the film did not meet the box office expectations, which does not help.

If it devolves to teen melodrama and bloated romances, I hope the creative team will have enough blood and Ghostface phone calls to compensate.

omg. so excited.
kevin williamson, as the kevin williamson from TVD?
OMG. Yes!!!

but, not sure how Kevin Williamson will have time for this. He is already in charge of 2 projects atm.

The third and fourth movies were especially terrible. Can't imagine this will be much better. CAN imagine it will be even worse. Don't want my MTV, thank you.

I wouldn't call the third one terrible. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"