The Dark Knight MTV Movie Awards

ChrisB

Batman News
Reaction score
The MTV Movie Awards are on tonight (June 1st) @ 8 EST. I'd keep a look out, remember in 2005 we got that funny Batman Begins spoof and the Movie Awards aired before Batman Begins hit theaters. Maybe they'll do something like that again tonight for The Dark Knight!

At the very least, maybe we'll see a new TV Spot

I dunno would they do anything related to Joker (since Heath is dead), but what interesting could they pull off out of Batman? :p

I don't see them spoofing anything Dark Knight related. The only obvious thing to spoof (based on the marketing) would be Joker, and due to Ledger's passing I doubt they'd touch it.

Indy or Iron Man stuff seems more likely.

Plus Batman Begins was a June release. Not far away from the movie awards at all. TDK is a July release. I'd expect something different this go around.

Concur.
Dark Knight won't have been released to spoof yet!

they just mentioned it on the awards a few seconds ago. Some kid told Robert Downey Jr. that Ironman was good but TDK will be better and that Christian Bale could kick his ass

MTV seems to really really be pushing Hancock tonight too.

There is a vibe on this show like, EVERY summer movie has been acknowledged in one way or another EXCEPT for The Dark Knight. I did just turn the TV off so maybe I'm missing it now.

But so far seen mentions for Iron Man, Speed Racer, Indy, Sex and the City, Love Guru, Get Smart, Pineapple Express, The Incredible Hulk, Zohan, Step Brothers, Hancock, but nothing for Batman. Meh.

Edit: And then of course the kids comment (see above)... nevermind.

tdk spot just played right after the awful pussycat dolls

MTV seems to really really be pushing Hancock tonight too.

There is a vibe on this show like, EVERY summer movie has been acknowledged in one way or another EXCEPT for The Dark Knight. I did just turn the TV off so maybe I'm missing it now.

But so far seen mentions for Iron Man, Speed Racer, Indy, Sex and the City, Love Guru, Get Smart, Pineapple Express, The Incredible Hulk, Zohan, Step Brothers, Hancock, but nothing for Batman. Meh.

Edit: And then of course the kids comment (see above)... nevermind.

I thought we would be TDKless tonight, but there was just a spot! Took me by surprise actually. The first time I've seen one of the tv spots in good quality like that.

it was a very nice contrast of self-aggrandized hollywood BS to high quality artistic entertainment.

I saw a spot too but it was on Comedy Central. Not sure if it was new.

I think its the same one with the weird tinted joker face at the end. At least thats what this one ended with.

The bit with Ben Stiller's nephew Carl saying Christian Bale would kick Robert Downey Jr's ass was amusing. "You liked Iron Man?" "It'll do until The Dark Knight comes out--then you're screwed." LOL. Made me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"