Murder at the end of the World

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score

Thought there'd be a thread on this already, looks potentially really good.

Can't wait to see this, for some reason I had thought this had a January 2024 release date, glad to see Clive Owen again.

I agree this looks great. Counting down the days!

I thought she was great as Princess Diana in 'The Crown'

First episodes are up on Disney Plus, really enjoyed them, the setting and set-up are great with a location and eclectic mix of characters reminiscent of a classic Agatha Christie mystery. The flashbacks are working well to build the mystery and Darby is an interesting lead, she's got obvious Lisbeth Salander vibes but I like the Gen Z Sherlock Holmes comparison as well. Great start! :up:

Loving this show. Emma Corrin is awesome and it’s great to see Brit Marling again, who co-wrote this and directed some of it. Clive Owen is also great as a slimy Musk type.

Also, I remember months ago when James Gunn was casting Superman, various people were suggesting Harris Dickinson for the role. Yeah, this show made me glad that didn’t happen lol. Great actor but I don’t know who looks at that guy and thinks of the Man of Steel. Maybe if Kal-El’s ship landed near a meth lab instead of the Kent’s’ farm.

Loved episode 3, the mix of near sci-fi tech and oldschool sleuthing in such a great location is engrossing. I'm curious to see who Rohan was communicating with. :hmm

The last episode was really good but for a supposed genius who wants to colonize space, I’m surprised that Sian never learned that it’s not a good idea to drive 90 mph through a damned blizzard, lol. What an idiot.

Finally catching up with it, maybe it's cause I recently just finished it, but I'm oddly enough I'm getting Silo vibes from it, particularly the 2nd book (Shift). I know this is not the direction the series will go. Also I probably should give the OA another chance.

Yeah this mystery is really compelling. I have no idea who did it. Clive Owen seems too obvious but there is something so weird about his relationship with Brit Marling. She didn’t know he was sterile? And like… she thought the kid was actually his? What? Also, if she was planning to sneak away from her husband, having a wig and a fake passport right out in the open like that seems pretty stupid and careless.

So much weirdness.

I hope they don't leave us hanging at the end of the season. :(

It's kind of strange that Andy would bring Zoomer with him underground, along with the other suspects/guest
it just sort of lends credence to that whole 'end of the world theory'

So I guess the killer is...

Ray? The AI. "Faulty programming"...

Hoping for a more interesting outcome, but still have really enjoyed the show either way.

I still don’t understand how Lee didn’t know that Bill was Zoomer’s father. Maybe when she slept with him, she was still having a lot of sex with Andy and she couldn’t tell, but that just seems unlikely.

Anyway, I don’t know if Andy is the killer but I want him to die SO BAD after that last episode. What a POS.

Good ending even though I had the vilian sussed out fairly early. I hope they do another season with Darby on another case. :)

I thought it started out stronger than it finished but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I liked the reveal of the killer, I hadn't guessed it even though it was fairly obvious, and it made sense so I'm content with the reveal. I felt they could have tied it a bit better with all the deaths and stuff that was happening.

The romance between Darby and Bill was very moving and one of the highlights for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"