Muslim helps Jews attacked on NY Subway

You have to understand that the religion of Islam itself isn't responsible for the actions of people.

Take Sudan, for example. Very ****ed up region. ****ed up for ONE reason - Mugabee. A really nasty, possibly evil man. He's just a man. Religion doesn't make him do anything - he does it all by himself.

You have alot of Muslim clerics and such in Britain that criticize Muslims that decide to become terrorists. And the ones that become terrorists are angry guys, sometimes with good reason for being angry.

The world isn't black and white. Its quite frankly very naive to blame solely religion for the worlds ills.

One of the biggest problems in the Muslim world is a lack of true knowledge and understanding of the religion of Islam and mistaking centuries of ingrained cultural practices as part of the religion.

MUSLIMS were urged by a senior Tory peer last night to make a greater effort to embrace mainstream British culture.

Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, Westminster’s first female Muslim frontbencher, warned that too many people of her faith were allowing themselves to be sidelined into a “siege mentality”.

She claimed Muslims had the “foremost responsibility” to prevent community divisions emerging in Britain.

And she accused some Muslims of wrongly using cultural traditions like Islamic veils to cut themselves off from wider society.

Her warning came in an outspoken attack on Labour’s multi-cultural policies at a race relations conference in London.

The peer – appointed Shadow Community Cohesion Minister by David Cameron earlier this year – was speaking a week after travelling to Sudan to help secure the release of teacher Gillian Gibbons, imprisoned for allowing children to name a teddy bear Mohammed.

Lady Warsi said: “As long as the Muslim community remains in a victim culture, a siege mentality, they allow others to control the debate.”

She feared that Islamic extremists were exploiting the isolation of some Muslims.

The peer added: “We must accept that we’re all in this together, but Muslims have an added responsibility to defeat extremism because extremism is claimed in the name of Islam.”

And she rounded on Muslims who claimed female veils were an essential part of their religion.

Many confused cultural traditions from countries like Saudi Arabia and Sudan with religious issues.

She said: “Confusing the cultural and the religious is wrong because it’s divisive. It leads to separation as devout young people think it’s their religious duty to cut themselves off from wider society.”

Lady Warsi admitted being “distressed” by extremists who wanted Britain to be turned into an Islamic state.

She said: “I’ve got a clear message to the hardliners and hotheads who claim to speak for British Muslims...

“When you say that voting is un-Islamic, you’re wrong.

“When you say that women should not have access to education or employment, that women’s equality is un-Islamic or that women should not adopt leadership positions like politics, you’re wrong, wrong, wrong.”

Turning to the issue of veils, she said: “If a woman wants to wear the face veil in her private life she should be free to do so.

“But she should be free to do so, as she is free to wear any other dress she feels is appropriate. No one has a right to insist that she should wear the veil in her private life – just as no one has a right to insist she should not.”

Lady Warsi criticised Labour policies for encouraging “the doctrine of separate identity”.

She said: “Multi-culturalism has been manipulated to entrench the right to difference – a divisive concept – to the point of hostility.”

She said: “To me, Britishness means the opposite of what it means to Gordon. I was brought up to believe that being British meant you didn’t go on about it.

“Britishness is not something that can be put in words. It is about institutions and traditions, and the shared values which are often felt more than spoken.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/28129/Muslims-are-attacked-for-their-victim-culture

i'm not mysterio, and this has been debated for the past 4 and a half pages already, but i'd like to jump in.

simply put, i say "true". christianity is responsible for the evil acts committed by christians, just as islam is responsible for the evil acts committed by muslims.

now, what this is not to say is that christianity, or islam, is evil in and of itself. what it is to say is that people use religion as justification for the evil acts that they commit, and this happens among any and every religion known to man.

the evil acts in the name of christian god throughout history are too many to name, and while they aren't as in your face as waging war on those with different beliefs, or flying planes into buildings, those acts are STILL going on in the way christians try to attack homosexuals.

unfortunately, while these extremists of any religion may be the minority, they are the vocal minority who make their voices heard, while the good ones go about their daily lives without bringing any attention to themselves. so the ones who don't follow these extremist views just blend into the crowds and go without notice.

it's very easy to confuse the "vocal minority" with the entire group, unfortunately, and that goes for more than just religion.

while one gesture of good faith on a subway doesn't negate all the evils committed in the name of allah and islam, at the same time, all of the evils committed in the name of allah and islam don't make islam some horrible, evil religion, and muslims some evil horrible group of people. the extremists? yes. the entire group? no.

Hey! Rational, clear-headed statements are NOT ALLOWED ON THE HYPE! Go sit in the corner!

My real problem here is that it seems like people (and by people I mean a few posters) don't understand that it isn't Islam that makes people the way they are, just like it wasn't the Army that made Timothy McVeigh the person he way. Some people are just idiots (thats the nicest way I can put it) who would be that way Jewish, Christian, Muslim or atheist.

great point. :up:

i almost did a spit-take at that first line, then i realized you were throwing his b.s. back at him. i'm glad i didn't have to go into a long-winded rant about this, 'cause it's too late in the day for that.
Glad someone got what I was trying to do there. The truth is I know Atheism teaches... nothing. It is basically a reliance only on what can be proven. It is not a worship of science, but not worshipping at all. I was hoping he was Catholic... of course you lot would have gotten a huge laugh out of what I would have said then.

My real problem here is that it seems like people (and by people I mean a few posters) don't understand that it isn't Islam that makes people the way they are, just like it wasn't the Army that made Timothy McVeigh the person he way. Some people are just idiots (thats the nicest way I can put it) who would be that way Jewish, Christian, Muslim or atheist.
*Gives Piotr a cookie* He gets it.

One of the biggest problems in the Muslim world is a lack of true knowledge and understanding of the religion of Islam and mistaking centuries of ingrained cultural practices as part of the religion.

MUSLIMS were urged by a senior Tory peer last night to make a greater effort to embrace mainstream British culture.

Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, Westminster’s first female Muslim frontbencher, warned that too many people of her faith were allowing themselves to be sidelined into a “siege mentality”.

She claimed Muslims had the “foremost responsibility” to prevent community divisions emerging in Britain.

And she accused some Muslims of wrongly using cultural traditions like Islamic veils to cut themselves off from wider society.

Her warning came in an outspoken attack on Labour’s multi-cultural policies at a race relations conference in London.

The peer – appointed Shadow Community Cohesion Minister by David Cameron earlier this year – was speaking a week after travelling to Sudan to help secure the release of teacher Gillian Gibbons, imprisoned for allowing children to name a teddy bear Mohammed.

Lady Warsi said: “As long as the Muslim community remains in a victim culture, a siege mentality, they allow others to control the debate.”

She feared that Islamic extremists were exploiting the isolation of some Muslims.

The peer added: “We must accept that we’re all in this together, but Muslims have an added responsibility to defeat extremism because extremism is claimed in the name of Islam.”

And she rounded on Muslims who claimed female veils were an essential part of their religion.

Many confused cultural traditions from countries like Saudi Arabia and Sudan with religious issues.

She said: “Confusing the cultural and the religious is wrong because it’s divisive. It leads to separation as devout young people think it’s their religious duty to cut themselves off from wider society.”

Lady Warsi admitted being “distressed” by extremists who wanted Britain to be turned into an Islamic state.

She said: “I’ve got a clear message to the hardliners and hotheads who claim to speak for British Muslims...

“When you say that voting is un-Islamic, you’re wrong.

“When you say that women should not have access to education or employment, that women’s equality is un-Islamic or that women should not adopt leadership positions like politics, you’re wrong, wrong, wrong.”

Turning to the issue of veils, she said: “If a woman wants to wear the face veil in her private life she should be free to do so.

“But she should be free to do so, as she is free to wear any other dress she feels is appropriate. No one has a right to insist that she should wear the veil in her private life – just as no one has a right to insist she should not.”

Lady Warsi criticised Labour policies for encouraging “the doctrine of separate identity”.

She said: “Multi-culturalism has been manipulated to entrench the right to difference – a divisive concept – to the point of hostility.”

She said: “To me, Britishness means the opposite of what it means to Gordon. I was brought up to believe that being British meant you didn’t go on about it.

“Britishness is not something that can be put in words. It is about institutions and traditions, and the shared values which are often felt more than spoken.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/28129/Muslims-are-attacked-for-their-victim-culture
I have no idea what this woman looks like, but the way she thinks turns me on. I'm hot for her brain.

This is mainly for the benefit of a certain poster who thinks that Islam is to blame for the evil that Muslims do and believes that Islam and Muslims does not add anything to value.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/12/12/subway.attack/

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A Muslim man jumped to the aid of three Jewish subway riders after they were attacked by a group of young people who objected to one of the Jews saying "Happy Hanukkah," a spokeswoman for the three said Wednesday.

Friday's altercation on the Q train began when somebody yelled out "Merry Christmas," to which rider Walter Adler responded, "Happy Hanukkah," said Toba Hellerstein.

"Almost immediately, you see the look in this guy's face like I've called his mother something," Adler told CNN affiliate WABC.

Two women who were with a group of 10 rowdy people then began to verbally assault Adler's companions with anti-Semitic language, Hellerstein said.

One member of the group allegedly yelled, "Oh, Hanukkah. That's the day that the Jews killed Jesus," she said.

When Adler tried to intercede, a male member of the group punched him, she said.

Another passenger, Hassan Askari -- a Muslim student from Bangladesh -- came to Adler's aid, and the group began physically and verbally assaulting him, Hellerstein said.

"A Muslim-American saved us when our own people were on the train and didn't do anything," Adler said. Watch Adler describe the altercation »

Adler pulled the emergency brake and the train stopped at DeKalb Avenue station, where police came on board.

The 10 suspects, ages 19 to 20, were taken into custody, said Brooklyn district attorney spokesman Sandy Silverstein.

Askari was first handcuffed alongside them, but he was released when Adler told police he was not an attacker, Hellerstein said.

Alder was treated at Long Island College Hospital for injuries that included a fractured nose and a cut lip that required several stitches, while Askari suffered a black eye, Hellerstein said.

The suspects are to appear in Brooklyn District Court on February 7 on charges that include assault, attempted assault, menacing, harassment, unlawful assembly, riot and disorderly conduct, Silverstein said.

The New York Police Department's Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating the incident, and will determine whether the suspects will be charged with hate crimes, Officer Philip Hauser told CNN.

Too bad this couldn't be taken seriously by the hype and the man Stepping up to the plate because it was the right thing to do gets minimalized because it's much more interesting to do movie quotes on the thread.

Serious disrespect all around.

TSK.

Glad someone got what I was trying to do there. The truth is I know Atheism teaches... nothing. It is basically a reliance only on what can be proven. It is not a worship of science, but not worshipping at all. I was hoping he was Catholic... of course you lot would have gotten a huge laugh out of what I would have said then.
i'm sure it would have equally missed the mark.

so what exactly was the purpose of you taking a personal shot at me when my response to you was obviously one in jest, as shown by the use of ":oldrazz:"?

and you assume that it was a personal shot when it was just dry wit.
Jesus Nell I don't feel the need to "emoticonize" my jokes for you because I feel you're grown up enough to get them.

and you assume that it was a personal shot when it was just dry wit.
Jesus Nell I don't feel the need to "emoticonize" my jokes for you because I feel you're grown up enough to get them.

a misunderstanding, because sarcasm, humor, and with can be harder to recognize over text than it is in face to face contact.

i'm also going through some things at the moment as well.

so my apologies.

a misunderstanding, because sarcasm, humor, and with can be harder to recognize over text than it is in face to face contact.

i'm also going through some things at the moment as well.

so my apologies.

"Dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria"

What's your point? She was a muslim woman herself. Besides it might not even have been religiously motivated. She was a political figure that had been twice deposed with charges of corruption.

hahahahaha! unless the baby was the same man that help the Jewish man on the subway I fail to see your point.
you mean people can be both helpful AND destructive?
wow! didn't know that, thanks mysterio for pointing that out.
I hate all Muslims now, your Job is done.

Grrrrr Muslims! :cmad:

Mysterio...this is a waste of good oxygen. Every time legit questions are raised about the "religion of peace", in the wake of yet another act of "violence" done in its name, this always turns into a bash Christianity thread. Christians did this 500 years ago....some cult calling themselves Christians did that. Christians don't want gay marriage...etc Thousands upon thousands of Muslims call for a woman's head on a platter over a teddy bear...no problem. Blind eye. :word: Just read the article below.....Think this Phillipe cat would do a story like that, on Mohammed a not have 24/7 security? Look...no one is saying that Christians have not made horrible choices over the centuries. But at it's core, it truly is a religion of peace. It is insulted constantly. Much more than Islam. It is always questioned at Easter and Christmas. The Bible is always trying to be disproved. Ever seen a Newsweek or Time Magazine with a feature article "Is the Koran True?" or "Mohammed Never Existed". However, Vile movies and plays are done about its Savior. Gay Jesus. The cross is dropped in a bottle of urine and called "art". Christians are called nut jobs etc....etc..etc..... yet no retaliation on any level ever happens. Verbal displeasure? Written editorials? Yes. But Phillipe and people like him know that they have nothing to fear from Christians. That's why they keep railing on it. They are truly "scared" of Muslims. That's why these news media outlets would not show the Mohammed cartoon .......with the bomb on his head. It was out of "RESPECT". Please!! They have no problem showing chocolate Jesus with his penis hanging out. No..... CNN , FOX ,all of them saw the reactions around the globe.....the burnings, the death threats. Knowing full well that this was a big news story and that millions of non-Muslims wanted to see that picture, they punked out. Talkin' about not wanting to "offend" a religion. HA!! :whatever:

I'm not sure if you two have been formally introduced but just in case:

Mysterio, Let me introduce you to Memphis Slim.

Memphis Slim, Mysterio.

1683172155_58bf9f3354.jpg

Muslim Brides Undergoing Painful Vaginal Surgery to 'Re-virginize' for Wedding Nights

Monday , D ecember 17, 2007
On her wedding night, Aisha Salim will hand her blooded sheets to her in-laws as proof of her virginity, according to a story in The D aily Telegraph of Australia.
But there’s one problem. Being a modern English university graduate, she is far from the traditional untouched Muslim bride.
Like most woman her age, Salim has smoked, drank, had sex and even lived with one of her past boyfriends.
However, if the devout Muslim family of her soon-to-be husband – or even her own family – knew this, she could be murdered.
Aisha has opted to have her virginity surgically restored in a delicate but painful surgery called hymenoplasties -- where the hymen is re-created from the already torn tissue, or a new membrane is inserted.
"If my husband cannot prove to his family that I am a virgin, I would be hounded, os traci sed and sent home in disgrace,” Salim told England ’s D aily Mail.
“My father, who is a devout Muslim, would regard it as the ultimate shame. The entire family could be cast out from the friends and society they hold dear, and I honestly believe that one of my fanatically religious cousins or uncles might kill me in revenge, to purge them of my sins. Incredible as it may seem, honour killings are still accepted within our religion.
"Ever since my family arranged this marriage for me, I've been terrified that, on my wedding night, my secret would come out. It has only been since my surgery last week that I've actually been able to sleep properly. Now, I can look forward to my marriage."
Salim is far from alone in seeking such drastic -- and almost barbaric -- surgery.
The rise in Islamic fundamentalism has seen 24 women in the U.K. have the procedure between 2005 and 2006.
"I've always adored my parents,” Salim said.
“My father, now 62, is a retired accountant and my mother raised a family of seven sisters in a five-bedroom house in Birmingham .
"I attended the local Catholic secondary school and although I wore a scarf on my head, I refused to wear a veil, telling my parents that it would make me stand out too much.
"I was one of the girls, totally accepted by my white, English friends whose lives revolved around shopping and fancying boys.
"But the moment I stepped over the doorstep, normal tee nage life would cease and it was like entering an entirely different world. At home, we had to pray together five times a day.
"We weren't allowed to watch television. My parents were so worried that Western influences might take our minds off the most important things -- education and religion -- that we were never allowed to bring any schoolfriends home.
"But it made all the things my friends did more attractive to me. I would sneak out on Saturday afternoons and join them in town, hanging around, shopping and chatting to boys," Salim added.

Mysterio...this is a waste of good oxygen. Every time legit questions are raised about the "religion of peace", in the wake of yet another act of "violence" done in its name, this always turns into a bash Christianity thread. Christians did this 500 years ago....some cult calling themselves Christians did that. Christians don't want gay marriage...etc Thousands upon thousands of Muslims call for a woman's head on a platter over a teddy bear...no problem. Blind eye. :word: Just read the article below.....Think this Phillipe cat would do a story like that, on Mohammed a not have 24/7 security? Look...no one is saying that Christians have not made horrible choices over the centuries. But at it's core, it truly is a religion of peace. It is insulted constantly. Much more than Islam. It is always questioned at Easter and Christmas. The Bible is always trying to be disproved. Ever seen a Newsweek or Time Magazine with a feature article "Is the Koran True?" or "Mohammed Never Existed". However, Vile movies and plays are done about its Savior. Gay Jesus. The cross is dropped in a bottle of urine and called "art". Christians are called nut jobs etc....etc..etc..... yet no retaliation on any level ever happens. Verbal displeasure? Written editorials? Yes. But Phillipe and people like him know that they have nothing to fear from Christians. That's why they keep railing on it. They are truly "scared" of Muslims. That's why these news media outlets would not show the Mohammed cartoon .......with the bomb on his head. It was out of "RESPECT". Please!! They have no problem showing chocolate Jesus with his penis hanging out. No..... CNN , FOX ,all of them saw the reactions around the globe.....the burnings, the death threats. Knowing full well that this was a big news story and that millions of non-Muslims wanted to see that picture, they punked out. Talkin' about not wanting to "offend" a religion. HA!! :whatever:

So don't waste anymore time......

Pop Tarts: Sweet Baby Jesus! Britney a Bethlehem Virgin?

Thursday, December 13, 2007
By Hollie McKay
foxnews_story.gif

AP

Britney Spears

LOS ANGELES — We are all well aware that Britney Spears is more than a little bizarre, but the mere thought of the starlet ever appearing on the screen as a teen mama who gives birth to baby Jesus II makes us want to make an emergency call to the three wise men.
French producer Phillippe Rebboah (whose most recent credit is as an associate producer on indie film "The Guitar," set to premiere at Sundance) reportedly is planning to start shooting a satire entitled "Sweet Baby Jesus" in March with Spears as Mary.
No, not Mary Magdalene, but the Virgin Mary, y'all.
"Spears, 26, would play a pregnant 19-year-old unsure of her baby's paternity who goes into labor on Christmas Eve in Bethlehem, Md., as rumors swirl that the birth is Jesus Christ's second coming," Rebboah told Us Weekly. "I had to convince my partners, because they were like, 'Oh, no. Britney?' But I thought it was brilliant."
And although the producer told the mag that Spears was "reviewing the script," a Brit buddy told Pop Tarts that Rebboah would have more chance of sleeping in a stable than of casting Spears in such an innocent role.
"Reading the script? It seems crazy," said our source. "A film career definitely isn't her focus right now."
But certainly there is something not so "sweet" about having a "Crazy" crooner take on the religious role. Does anyone else smell a publicity stunt?

Pop Tarts is also questioning why a producer would even want to run the risk of Spears playing the lead, especially given her (oops, she did it again) no-show in the courtroom on Wednesday (Spears had been scheduled to testify in her custody battle with ex-husband Kevin Federline but didn't show up, citing illness.)
Meanwhile, Spears was spotted sitting in her Benz outside West Hollywood's Hustler store on Tuesday evening, where she told onlookers that "she was scared."

Muslim Brides Undergoing Painful Vaginal Surgery to 'Re-virginize' for Wedding Nights

Monday , D ecember 17, 2007
On her wedding night, Aisha Salim will hand her blooded sheets to her in-laws as proof of her virginity, according to a story in The D aily Telegraph of Australia.
But there’s one problem. Being a modern English university graduate, she is far from the traditional untouched Muslim bride.
Like most woman her age, Salim has smoked, drank, had sex and even lived with one of her past boyfriends.
However, if the devout Muslim family of her soon-to-be husband – or even her own family – knew this, she could be murdered.
Aisha has opted to have her virginity surgically restored in a delicate but painful surgery called hymenoplasties -- where the hymen is re-created from the already torn tissue, or a new membrane is inserted.
"If my husband cannot prove to his family that I am a virgin, I would be hounded, os traci sed and sent home in disgrace,” Salim told England ’s D aily Mail.
“My father, who is a devout Muslim, would regard it as the ultimate shame. The entire family could be cast out from the friends and society they hold dear, and I honestly believe that one of my fanatically religious cousins or uncles might kill me in revenge, to purge them of my sins. Incredible as it may seem, honour killings are still accepted within our religion.
"Ever since my family arranged this marriage for me, I've been terrified that, on my wedding night, my secret would come out. It has only been since my surgery last week that I've actually been able to sleep properly. Now, I can look forward to my marriage."
Salim is far from alone in seeking such drastic -- and almost barbaric -- surgery.
The rise in Islamic fundamentalism has seen 24 women in the U.K. have the procedure between 2005 and 2006.
"I've always adored my parents,” Salim said.
“My father, now 62, is a retired accountant and my mother raised a family of seven sisters in a five-bedroom house in Birmingham .
"I attended the local Catholic secondary school and although I wore a scarf on my head, I refused to wear a veil, telling my parents that it would make me stand out too much.
"I was one of the girls, totally accepted by my white, English friends whose lives revolved around shopping and fancying boys.
"But the moment I stepped over the doorstep, normal tee nage life would cease and it was like entering an entirely different world. At home, we had to pray together five times a day.
"We weren't allowed to watch television. My parents were so worried that Western influences might take our minds off the most important things -- education and religion -- that we were never allowed to bring any schoolfriends home.
"But it made all the things my friends did more attractive to me. I would sneak out on Saturday afternoons and join them in town, hanging around, shopping and chatting to boys," Salim added.

That is a perfect example of why I abhor so-called Islamic fundamentalism.

so basically what slim is saying is that if religious extremism were an olympic event or some crazy challenge on survivor, the muslims would totally kick the christians' asses, right?

so basically what slim is saying is that if religious extremism were an olympic event or some crazy challenge on survivor, the muslims would totally kick the christians' asses, right?
I don't know, our fundamentalists are pretty competitive. And well organized too.... and they have damn good lawyers.

Raybia, my fundamentalists could kick your fundamentalists ass... God I wish I could see something like that... Klansmen vs. Al Quida (yeah I know I misspelled it) Jerry Fallwell crossing fire with Osama Bin Laden.

Yeah, I think so but what the Christian would lose in skill they would make up for in experience.

I don't know, our fundamentalists are pretty competitive. And well organized too.... and they have damn good lawyers.

Raybia, my fundamentalists could kick your fundamentalists ass... God I wish I could see something like that... Klansmen vs. Al Quida (yeah I know I misspelled it) Jerry Fallwell crossing fire with Osama Bin Laden.

You my friend just stumbled upon the T.V. ratings sensation of 2008!

Crusader Deathmatch 2008!

Yeah, I think so but what the Christian would lose in skill they would make up for in experience.
can you clear that up for me?

I mean my extremists are born into this BS and have been doing it for about 150 years. (I'm mostly refering to white supremacists here since I'm both christian and American). They know how to live off the land. Although, if the Islamic extremists win the toss for field, there might be a problem.

I totally like the direction this thread is headed in. It sounds action packed. :up:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"