Muslim helps Jews attacked on NY Subway

So then, to save us from another two page argument in syntax and rhetoric. You believe that Christianity is responsible for the evil acts committed by Christians. True or false?

i'm not mysterio, and this has been debated for the past 4 and a half pages already, but i'd like to jump in.

simply put, i say "true". christianity is responsible for the evil acts committed by christians, just as islam is responsible for the evil acts committed by muslims.

now, what this is not to say is that christianity, or islam, is evil in and of itself. what it is to say is that people use religion as justification for the evil acts that they commit, and this happens among any and every religion known to man.

the evil acts in the name of christian god throughout history are too many to name, and while they aren't as in your face as waging war on those with different beliefs, or flying planes into buildings, those acts are STILL going on in the way christians try to attack homosexuals.

unfortunately, while these extremists of any religion may be the minority, they are the vocal minority who make their voices heard, while the good ones go about their daily lives without bringing any attention to themselves. so the ones who don't follow these extremist views just blend into the crowds and go without notice.

it's very easy to confuse the "vocal minority" with the entire group, unfortunately, and that goes for more than just religion.

while one gesture of good faith on a subway doesn't negate all the evils committed in the name of allah and islam, at the same time, all of the evils committed in the name of allah and islam don't make islam some horrible, evil religion, and muslims some evil horrible group of people. the extremists? yes. the entire group? no.

Sectarianism fits perfectly.

Mysterio hates the Muslim religon with a prejudiced bias.

Some Protestants hate Catholics and some Catholics hate Protestants. They call this sectarianism.

Fits perfectly.

Everything bad that can be said of Islam can be said of Christianity or Jews.

Hey, Mysterio, you've said that you aren't Christian. May I ask what religion you are?

ununsually biased and intellectualy dishonest.
that one fits like a glove.
i am neither unusually biased nor intellectually dishonest. a lot of people have tried to project other things onto me and into this discussion (christianity, past atrocities under other religions, etc.). i joined the conversation only to point out that one kind act by one individual does not discount and disprove that islam is to blame for "the evil acts muslims do". saying, "oh, yeah? well so and so does it, too" doesn't discount or disprove anything, either. nor does it make those evils more acceptable.

Hey, Mysterio, you've said that you aren't Christian. May I ask what religion you are?

I'm pretty sure he worships the idol of Ayn Rand he sculpted out of 30 years worth of belly button lint.

i was raised catholic but haven't been a practicing one for...oh, about 15 years or so. i would still identify myself as catholic for some time after, and of course it would be impossible to deny one's past and upbringing. my present beliefs somewhat crystallized during grad school. i'm somewhere between agnostic and atheist.

Sectarianism fits perfectly.

Mysterio hates the Muslim religon with a prejudiced bias.
i do? no, i don't hate the muslim religion. contempt, disdain, scorn. that would be accurate.

Damn, I was hoping you were a Catholic. Fish-Bulb, Crawler, and all others I talk with frequently, the following is not directed at you.

It figures. Atheism teaches that being a decent member of society is wrong. It's because of Atheism that so many teenagers are delinquents. I mean look at all the school shootings and violence. It's obvious that if they were raised by christians they would never have done this. I mean you never hear Atheists coming out with a message of peace. All they ever do is attempt to tear down other peoples beliefs and leave them feeling empty and alone, just like them. Really, Atheism is responsible for all the evils that are commited by atheists.

i am neither unusually biased nor intellectually dishonest. a lot of people have tried to project other things onto me and into this discussion (christianity, past atrocities under other religions, etc.). i joined the conversation only to point out that one kind act by one individual does not discount and disprove that islam is to blame for "the evil acts muslims do". saying, "oh, yeah? well so and so does it, too" doesn't discount or disprove anything, either. nor does it make those evils more acceptable.

You have to understand that the religion of Islam itself isn't responsible for the actions of people.

Take Sudan, for example. Very ****ed up region. ****ed up for ONE reason - Mugabee. A really nasty, possibly evil man. He's just a man. Religion doesn't make him do anything - he does it all by himself.

You have alot of Muslim clerics and such in Britain that criticize Muslims that decide to become terrorists. And the ones that become terrorists are angry guys, sometimes with good reason for being angry.

The world isn't black and white. Its quite frankly very naive to blame solely religion for the worlds ills.

You. It's directed at you.
well that was certainly an odd thing to say to me. i just told you i was raised Catholic; i wasn't raised atheist. i also stated that i am somewhere between agnostic and atheist. that didn't happen until well after college when i was in my late 20s. i've never been "taught" atheistic beliefs (whatever those are) nor do i impose my personal beliefs on others. that was a very, very odd thing for you to get on a soapbox about. i hope you were trying to be sarcastic or humorous in some way. if you were, it missed the mark. terribly.

Just in case this question wasn't answered a while back, there IS NOT such thing as race... back in the olden days, when science was biased, they developed a theory that was then proven false... so no, no race involved... it's a social construct...

Just to bring things back to the point, it was a group of Christians who first harassed, then physically assaulted a group of Jews because they did not hold the same belief as them. The Jews who were being victimized were then defended by a Muslim.

Btw, I bet that same Muslim just got a whole tray of fresh latkes delivered to his house. The good kinds, too. Not those onion-less hash brown things.

great point. :up:

Atheism teaches that being a decent member of society is wrong. It's because of Atheism that so many teenagers are delinquents. I mean look at all the school shootings and violence. It's obvious that if they were raised by christians they would never have done this. I mean you never hear Atheists coming out with a message of peace. All they ever do is attempt to tear down other peoples beliefs and leave them feeling empty and alone, just like them. Really, Atheism is responsible for all the evils that are commited by atheists.

i almost did a spit-take at that first line, then i realized you were throwing his b.s. back at him. i'm glad i didn't have to go into a long-winded rant about this, 'cause it's too late in the day for that.

Mysterio...this is a waste of good oxygen. Every time legit questions are raised about the "religion of peace", in the wake of yet another act of "violence" done in its name, this always turns into a bash Christianity thread. Christians did this 500 years ago....some cult calling themselves Christians did that. Christians don't want gay marriage...etc Thousands upon thousands of Muslims call for a woman's head on a platter over a teddy bear...no problem. Blind eye. :word: Just read the article below.....Think this Phillipe cat would do a story like that, on Mohammed a not have 24/7 security? Look...no one is saying that Christians have not made horrible choices over the centuries. But at it's core, it truly is a religion of peace. It is insulted constantly. Much more than Islam. It is always questioned at Easter and Christmas. The Bible is always trying to be disproved. Ever seen a Newsweek or Time Magazine with a feature article "Is the Koran True?" or "Mohammed Never Existed". However, Vile movies and plays are done about its Savior. Gay Jesus. The cross is dropped in a bottle of urine and called "art". Christians are called nut jobs etc....etc..etc..... yet no retaliation on any level ever happens. Verbal displeasure? Written editorials? Yes. But Phillipe and people like him know that they have nothing to fear from Christians. That's why they keep railing on it. They are truly "scared" of Muslims. That's why these news media outlets would not show the Mohammed cartoon .......with the bomb on his head. It was out of "RESPECT". Please!! They have no problem showing chocolate Jesus with his penis hanging out. No..... CNN , FOX ,all of them saw the reactions around the globe.....the burnings, the death threats. Knowing full well that this was a big news story and that millions of non-Muslims wanted to see that picture, they punked out. Talkin' about not wanting to "offend" a religion. HA!! :whatever:

So don't waste anymore time......

Pop Tarts: Sweet Baby Jesus! Britney a Bethlehem Virgin?

Thursday, December 13, 2007
By Hollie McKay
foxnews_story.gif

AP

Britney Spears

LOS ANGELES — We are all well aware that Britney Spears is more than a little bizarre, but the mere thought of the starlet ever appearing on the screen as a teen mama who gives birth to baby Jesus II makes us want to make an emergency call to the three wise men.
French producer Phillippe Rebboah (whose most recent credit is as an associate producer on indie film "The Guitar," set to premiere at Sundance) reportedly is planning to start shooting a satire entitled "Sweet Baby Jesus" in March with Spears as Mary.
No, not Mary Magdalene, but the Virgin Mary, y'all.
"Spears, 26, would play a pregnant 19-year-old unsure of her baby's paternity who goes into labor on Christmas Eve in Bethlehem, Md., as rumors swirl that the birth is Jesus Christ's second coming," Rebboah told Us Weekly. "I had to convince my partners, because they were like, 'Oh, no. Britney?' But I thought it was brilliant."
And although the producer told the mag that Spears was "reviewing the script," a Brit buddy told Pop Tarts that Rebboah would have more chance of sleeping in a stable than of casting Spears in such an innocent role.
"Reading the script? It seems crazy," said our source. "A film career definitely isn't her focus right now."
But certainly there is something not so "sweet" about having a "Crazy" crooner take on the religious role. Does anyone else smell a publicity stunt?

Pop Tarts is also questioning why a producer would even want to run the risk of Spears playing the lead, especially given her (oops, she did it again) no-show in the courtroom on Wednesday (Spears had been scheduled to testify in her custody battle with ex-husband Kevin Federline but didn't show up, citing illness.)
Meanwhile, Spears was spotted sitting in her Benz outside West Hollywood's Hustler store on Tuesday evening, where she told onlookers that "she was scared."

Mysterio...this is a waste of good oxygen. Every time legit questions are raised about the "religion of peace", in the wake of yet another act of "violence" done in its name, this always turns into a bash Christianity thread. Christians did this 500 years ago....some cult calling themselves Christians did that. Christians don't want gay marriage...etc Thousands upon thousands of Muslims call for a woman's head on a platter over a teddy bear...no problem. Blind eye. :word: Just read the article below.....Think this Phillipe cat would do a story like that, on Mohammed a not have 24/7 security? Look...no one is saying that Christians have not made horrible choices over the centuries. But at it's core, it truly is a religion of peace. It is insulted constantly. Much more than Islam. It is always questioned at Easter and Christmas. The Bible is always trying to be disproved. Ever seen a Newsweek or Time Magazine with a feature article "Is the Koran True?" or "Mohammed Never Existed". However, Vile movies and plays are done about its Savior. Gay Jesus. The cross is dropped in a bottle of urine and called "art". Christians are called nut jobs etc....etc..etc..... yet no retaliation on any level ever happens. Verbal displeasure? Written editorials? Yes. But Phillipe and people like him know that they have nothing to fear from Christians. That's why they keep railing on it. They are truly "scared" of Muslims. That's why these news media outlets would not show the Mohammed cartoon .......with the bomb on his head. It was out of "RESPECT". Please!! They have no problem showing chocolate Jesus with his penis hanging out. No..... CNN , FOX ,all of them saw the reactions around the globe.....the burnings, the death threats. Knowing full well that this was a big news story and that millions of non-Muslims wanted to see that picture, they punked out. Talkin' about not wanting to "offend" a religion. HA!! :whatever:

I have done my fair share of Christian bashing. I'm sorry for it. My sincerest of apologies. I also agree with what you say about the cartoon. It's piss poor journalism and shows a clear lack of a backbone. However, I'm still going to ask this question. Why is it that you always attribute this to Islam over, say, theological states or Wahhabism or political unrest/radicalism? When was the last time you saw an American born Muslim pulling the kind of **** that's going down in most of the Middle Eastern countries? The only one I remember was that guy who came up during the election saying that the streets would flow with blood if we didn't elect John Kerry, and that always struck me more as either a sensationalist stunt or a deranged white kid. I continue to believe that this is a cultural and political issue rather than a strictly religious one.

Mysterio...this is a waste of good oxygen. Every time legit questions are raised about the "religion of peace", in the wake of yet another act of "violence" done in its name, this always turns into a bash Christianity thread. Christians did this 500 years ago....some cult calling themselves Christians did that. Christians don't want gay marriage...etc

I actually showed you how Christians were doing things similar in 1963 with the Buddhist crisis ( the Catholic regime shot 9 dudes for protesting their rights to fly the Buddhist flag) that's 1963, not 500 years ago.
boxer rebellion of 1900, even the Hutu/Tutsi crisis of the 1990's ( which you conveniently wrote off as political) you don't seem to grasp that 1990 and 1500 are two very different things.

I showed you this a few pages ago, and you laid low and got really silent for a while.
feel to shut up.
or not, I find you amusing.

wow, some people in this thread really think they know anything about islam and never even seen a Quran.

keep watching fox news.

you forget that I have a job outside hot topic.
sometimes my mind wanders as my job requires me to think.

so what exactly was the purpose of you taking a personal shot at me when my response to you was obviously one in jest, as shown by the use of ":oldrazz:"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"