Mutant Inheritance?

Animangamaniac

Civilian
Reaction score
It was brought to my attention one day shortly after reading Nightcrawlers bio, that he inherited most of his genes' from Mystique, his mother. However: in both the movie and the comic book, they say a mutant is a mutant because of their father's genes passed onto them, but Nightcrawler's father didn't have a single mutant DNA strand in him, So I just want to make sure I'm not imagining things when I ask you: if you think the creaters contridicted themselves when they created Nightcrawler?

I'm not all that well-versed in genetics, but I've been told that Pyro's remark about men passing on the mutant gene doesn't make scientific sense. From what I understand that would only work if the gene exists only in the Y chromosome, but that would also mean that there would be no female mutants. Possibly the most sensible explanation would be that Pyro wasn't serious about it, but said that only to push the buttons for Bobby's parents.

Thanks for clearing this issue up for me, it was very confusing but now I think I understand a little better.

Animangamaniac said:
can you varify?

Dude, seriously, just look at them. They're like the same age. And for the comic side of it there are at least two different guy's that may be his father. Which one are you talking about? (for whoever said it cuz i don't remember who said it)

Tsunulia said:
Dude, seriously, just look at them. They're like the same age. And for the comic side of it there are at least two different guy's that may be his father. Which one are you talking about? (for whoever said it cuz i don't remember who said it)

Just because two people look the same age doesn't mean they're the same age.

Animangamaniac said:
can you varify?

Well there is the point that was brought up earlier that the characters in the movies are too similar in age to be parent and child.

And there's also the fact that it was no touched on in the slightest, not even the shadow of a hint, so it's obviously an aspect that they did not go into.

Animangamaniac said:
Just because two people look the same age doesn't mean they're the same age.
Like wolverine you cant tell how old mystique is just by looks due to their mutant powers. Mystique can look whatever age she wants to.

Wasn't there a Deleted Scene while Mystieque is on that Computer in the Office looking at some plans she comes across Nightcrawlers Picture / Profile & she stares at it very shockingly or something like that ?

Pyro was just saying the to push Bobby's dad's buttons like Crowley said. A baby's genes are made up of half of your moms and half of your dads and that combo makes you. So Pyro didint really mean it that seriously.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
And there's also the fact that it was no touched on in the slightest, not even the shadow of a hint, so it's obviously an aspect that they did not go into.

There was some mention of it during the campsite scene, but it seemed rather incestual. When Mystique says mutants shouldn't have hide what they are, Nightcrawler's tail starts to wag a bit.

Edit: Man, I sounded like a big braggard, but I just got finished writing an english paper, so I apologize. Anyways, it's probably better to think that Nightcrawler just respects Mystique for not wanting to hide, rather than having the hots for his mommy.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
In the movies, Mystique isn't Nightcrawler's mother.
that hasnt evern been mentioned. how can you say that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"