Comics My "Deadly Foes of Spider-Man"

JewishHobbit

Avenger
Reaction score
*edit - I just realized/remembered that there is a fan fiction section where this might be better placed. Feel free to move it. :(

I was looking through some files and found this old general outline of a Deadly Foes of Spider-Man title that I was playing around with at one point. I don't know why I was writing this, but it was fun to read through and figured others might like to read what I'd written. I never finished it but liked where it was going. I apparently wrote this shortly after Daredevil's Shadowland arc and right after Kraven's return. I don't remember where I was going after the Goblin's Revenge arc, but oh well.

Enjoy!

The Final Play (4 issues)
Shocker, after a humiliating defeat, is at wits end. He is suicidal but ridden with hatred and comes up with one final power play. He discusses portions of it with his friend, Speed Demon, though leaving out the end. He then asks Speed Demon to be his go between to find cash. Notes are sent and no offers come. Kingpin laughs at him. Kingsley sees him as a joke. Then Herman sends the ending of his agreement and Kraven bites, respecting the honor of victorious suicide. Herman gets the cash and has Chameleon accidentally sign off that they will pay it upon Herman’s death (unknowingly). Chameleon perhaps delivers a letter to Spider-Man about Herman’s plan the moment it begins. Spider-Man must reach the Shocker by a certain time to prevent him from killing himself and ending it all.

Herman pays Electro to cause a prison break, due to his experience in such matters, and it begins. Spider-Man has to go through the prison while the clock ticks down. Carnage, Rhino, and Electro are big thorns. Speed Demon tries to stop Shocker but fails and ends up helping Spider-Man out. The clock runs out and Spider-Man just misses Shocker shooting himself in the head. “And just like that...” BANG! Silent build as things fade. “I win” Then Shocker wakes up hearing that he survived though signifigant damage was done. Fortunately, Spider-Man was able to get him to the hospital in time. He is in anguish over not just the pain of his wound, but also another failure.

Chameleon’s Debt (3 issues)
Shocker was shuffled away and was thought to have succeeded, building his rep.

Chameleon unknowingly signed to fulfill Shocker’s debt and, having no money, must confront his old friend, Kraven. Kraven is saddened to hear that his old friend is the one who owes him, so he gives Chameleon two weeks to raise the money, but that is all. Speed Demon is hunted by Rhino for turning on him in the prison, but Speed Demon manages to win the fight. He is then paid by Chameleon as protection, which benefits them both. Kraven’s daughter hunts them and Speed Demon keeps Chameleon safe. Time passes and Chameleon cannot pay so he begs his old friend to forgive the debt, cursing Shultz. Kraven is finding a new place in this world and does not accept this. He nearly kills Chameleon but Chameleon is rescued by Speed Demon and they escape. Kraven tasks his daughter to find them.

With their backs against the wall, Chameleon and Speed Demon go to Kingpin. He is not interested in taking on Chameleon’s debt but he is interested in how handy Speed Demon’s abilities are. Kingpin will not pay competition, but he will ruin them. He deals with Chameleon: In exchange for Speed Demon, he will have Kraven eliminated. Scorned that his friendship meant so little, Chameleon embraces this deal. The deal is overheard by Kraven’s daughter and he is warned. Kraven is eager to face it.

Kraven the Hunted (3 issues)
Kingpin contacts the Jackal, who has recently been given several villains in bad shape, thanks to Kingpin’s connections. The first is sent after Kraven as a test, both regarding his mentality and ability. This person is Spidercide. He will pose as Spider-Man first, and then Kraven in the Black Spider-Man costume. The character will be thought to be Chameleon at first, upgraded, but then it will be revealed as Spidercide. He is tough but is ultimately defeated by Kraven, who relishes the victory.

Having tested Kraven’s skills, the Kingpin sends the next returned villain... Demogoblin. He will greater test the Hunter but also will lose. Then Kingpin sends the third, Norman Osborn (post-New Avengers adaptoid mental breakdown). He will be slightly brainwashed as he tracks Kraven and they have a blowout battle. In the end, Osborn wins and Kraven is taken down. Then Kraven’s daughter spies the device controlling Norman and destroys it. Osborn leaves without finishing the job and Kraven is frustrated that he needed help. He worries that it will diminish his “cred” and so he sends her after Osborn, knowing she will never defeat him. He sends her to her death.
Kraven finds his way to Kingpin and they fight. Kingpin is impressed and offers Chameleon to Kraven. They agree that this scuffle is over and part ways. Kraven finds Chameleon, now without Speed Demon, and puts him in a coma. He does not kill him out of respect for their friendship, but the lesson is learned and Kraven has made his mark.

The Goblin’s Revenge (3 issues)
Norman Osborn is searching for who had controlled him. He has no one to turn to and his adaptoid abilities are burning out. He is attacked by Demogoblin and defeats him, though his powers burn out in the process. He won by listening to the other voice in his head. He is then found by Kraven’s daughter and battles her. Giving in to the voice he kills her and, for the first time in years, embraces the Goblin. Before she dies she gives him the Kingpin’s name and the Green Goblin sets out for his revenge.

The Green Goblin breaks into Kingpin’s tower and takes on the Hand. He confronts the Speed Demon and Hobgoblin (Phil Urich) and bests them and reaches the Kingpin. He finds that Kingpin has utilized LMD technology. Fisk can hear him through the LMD and so he declares his intentions to hunt Fisk down and kill him. Pumpkin bombs are planted throughout the building and they go off as Hobgoblin and Speed Demon escape. Fisk is not happy and orders Shadowland rebuilt. There seems to be a Gang War brewing.
Norman swiped Jackal upon his escape, being familiar with him from the Clone Saga. Jackal had with him a DNA sample of Spidercide. He then offers the Jackal more things to tinker with and the Jackal eats it up. The Jackal and Spidercide become Norman’s first operatives. Norman offers the Jackal a body to tinker with and revive. The Jackal is unsure of this and Norman says that it is an order. He admired the time he spent with the man and wished to have him back. It would also be a smack to Fisk’s face since he had once tried to resurrect the man and failed. End with Bullseye’s body on a table.

Last edited:
*edit - I just realized/remembered that there is a fan fiction section where this might be better placed. Feel free to move it. :(

I was looking through some files and found this old general outline of a Deadly Foes of Spider-Man title that I was playing around with at one point. I don't know why I was writing this, but it was fun to read through and figured others might like to read what I'd written. I never finished it but liked where it was going. I apparently wrote this shortly after Daredevil's Shadowland arc and right after Kraven's return. I don't remember where I was going after the Goblin's Revenge arc, but oh well.

Enjoy!

Aloha,
Enjoyable. Now of course, once you put fan fiction up on the internet, NO ONE from Marvel or any other comic book company will touch it. Better the fans enjoy it than it just sits in your computer.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
Enjoyable. Now of course, once you put fan fiction up on the internet, NO ONE from Marvel or any other comic book company will touch it. Better the fans enjoy it than it just sits in your computer.
Spidey rules
I sent in my huge story to marvel years and years ago.
After a few years, some of the aspects of it have been used.
And I've never gotten any credit for any of it. Oh well. At least I've seen some of the scenes I wrote actually fleshed out.
To me, it means that I worte a decent enough story that they kept and used parts of it.
Technically, I wrote for Marvel.
;)

This was the second outline I was working on. I'm keeping the first one I wrote close to the vest. Not because I expect to ever write for Marvel but because I plan to eventually alter it into a unique paranormal novel. But the original Spider-Man version involved Spider-Man, Demogoblin, Lucifer, the Sentry, the Living Tribunal, and Charlotte Jones (from the X-Men). I loved the odd collection of characters and the story it created. I can easily adapt it into its own story (characters changed of course) and look forward to doing it.

I asked Dan Slott's permission to share it with him at one point to see what he thought of it but he refused to hear it, not wanting to be accused of swiping anything (understandably).

I wish someone would deal with the mysterious "egg" on the moon last seen in the last panel of Marvel Team-Up #55, the before last issue of MTU written by the late great Bill Mantlo.

"With the battle over, Adam Warlock takes Spider-Man back to Earth before heading onto his next destination - Counter-Earth. He leaves an unseen metallic egg behind, waiting for the right moment to open. "

IT'S BEEN 40 YEARS!!!!
I think the right moment is now. :csad:

It's just waiting for Daenerys Targaryen to show up before hatching.

Don't forget Looter's meteor.
Ben picked it up and was saying something but was interrupted... by SHIELD, I believe.
We never found out what the metoer was. I always thought it was an egg...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"