World Spidey's Villains On the Couch

I fully agree with everyone else. That was incredible!! Great job!

I am extremely impressed.

Your analysis of Ock is spot on.

I am extremely impressed.

Your analysis of Ock is spot on.

Good. I knew that Ock would be very picked apart and analyzed by his fans, so I made sure to get it right.

It must be very hard to establish the psychology of these characters, especially the big three Spider-Man villains, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, and Venom, since they have been written so many different ways by so many different writers.

^^ It really is, but it takes time. I've written my own analysis over the years, though, I've never really shared them with anybody.

Actually, I found Ock, Goblin and Venom to be the easiest to write. They are such popular characters that there has been plenty written about their pasts. Most of it has been more or less consistent from story to story.

Venom is religious, delusional and obsessed with innocence.
Ock is arrogant, conceited, a poisoner and lonely (though he wouldnt admit it.)
Goblin is insane, delusional, obsessed with Spider-Man but cunning.

You know who I thought was tough to analyze? The Chameleon. He's been written so very poorly and inconsistently over the years that I nearly gave up on him. Looking at his profile, I didnt have much to say about him, psychologically. Its an interesting profile, but not a very diagnostic one.

Actually, I found Ock, Goblin and Venom to be the easiest to write. They are such popular characters that there has been plenty written about their pasts. Most of it has been more or less consistent from story to story.

Venom is religious, delusional and obsessed with innocence.
Ock is arrogant, conceited, a poisoner and lonely (though he wouldnt admit it.)
Goblin is insane, delusional, obsessed with Spider-Man but cunning.

You know who I thought was tough to analyze? The Chameleon. He's been written so very poorly and inconsistently over the years that I nearly gave up on him. Looking at his profile, I didnt have much to say about him, psychologically. Its an interesting profile, but not a very diagnostic one.

Good point. I have to say, I find analyzing these characters to be a very exciting and insightful exercise, teaching one much about real-world psychology and the fictional characters in the process.

^^ And that's one of the reasons I find Spidey's rogues gallery to be the best. They are so damn interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"