My Dog Is Dying . . .

Pets are very cool to have, but it just sucks when they get up there in years and the fun times you had with them are replaced by seeing them stuck in a corner in pain.

I had my dog from '85 to about 2003. She was a cool little rascal half-poodle and half-silky terrier. I knew things were going to get worse when my dog started ****ting itself and having a seizure when I was vacuuming. I turned off the vacuum and just became a 7 year old in a 24 year old's body, wondering what the **** is going on with my dog. I picked her up and she was shaking. I then let her outside since I thought "well, if she's ****ting herself she has to go real bad". I set her down, she took a few steps and then another seizure struck and she started banging her head on the patio. I picked her up, and held her for a few hours till she calmed down.

I later found out that as she got older she got epilepsy :huh: and her arthritis got real bad, where she'd walk around for a bit and then start whimpering when she got stuck in a corner. I took her to my parents, said "she needs to be put down. I wouldn't even wish this on my brother", packed my things and moved out.

2 months later, I got a call from my mom that they did put her down. I said thanks, and haven't spoken to my folks again.

Sorry about your dog dudeman:csad:

Sorry to hear about your dog DV8, it is truly a sad sad day to lose a pet. I have lost a share of them myself. Some by accidents and others by age, there's no easy way. Remember them fondly and then they are never really gone. Again, sorry DV8.

And if you took pictures of your dog that's always a neat thing to have.

I saw this when you first posted but the last few days I haven't had much time to post on here so I apologize that I'm just getting to it now, but my heart goes out to you and your family, my man. Try to keep cool over the next few days and remember the good times. You ever need anything I'm around.

^thanks, KB :heart:

So on Wednesday, I left early from work and bought a nice juicy rib-eye, and fried that up on the skillet for my boy :up:

Bones went very peacefully . . . and he was surrounded by those that loved him most . . . we are going to have him cremated, and keep his ashes near where he used to sleep.

I'm going to matte my drawing and frame it along with his collar where we can always see him . . .

man, I miss him. :( I'm doing ok, but sometimes throughout the day it just hits me that I'll never be able to pat his big, cuddly head and rub his ears . . . and then I lose it . . . but I know he's in a better place, wherever he is, and I'm sure he knows how much he meant to our family . . .

Rest In Peace Bones . . . you can never be replaced and you'll always be in my heart, old boy :up:

Sorry to hear that DV8, my condolence to your loss

So on Wednesday, I left early from work and bought a nice juicy rib-eye, and fried that up on the skillet for my boy :up:

Bones went very peacefully . . . and he was surrounded by those that loved him most . . . we are going to have him cremated, and keep his ashes near where he used to sleep.

I'm going to matte my drawing and frame it along with his collar where we can always see him . . .

man, I miss him. :( I'm doing ok, but sometimes throughout the day it just hits me that I'll never be able to pat his big, cuddly head and rub his ears . . . and then I lose it . . . but I know he's in a better place, wherever he is, and I'm sure he knows how much he meant to our family . . .

Rest In Peace Bones . . . you can never be replaced and you'll always be in my heart, old boy :up:

Sorry DV8. It will get easier.

God, that's really rough. :csad:
You really have my sympathy. :csad:
Bones was a lucky dog to have such a great owner. :up:

thanks again for all of your stories and sympathy, peeps . . . and remember if you have a pet of your own, give them some attention next time you see them :up:

If you've lost a pet in the past, take a moment to remember them and some of those good times you shared :up:

My cat died early this year:csad:
I remember she was just laying there in the grass not moving!
2 months before that my kitten ran away:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"