My Ideal Batman Game

trustyside-kick

The Marine Marvel
Reaction score
I think it would be awesome if they made a new Batman game. But unlike any of the others this would be way different. My brother was talking to me about this and I thought I would post it:

- Would be cool to include almost all of the villains (so ya this would not be your ordinary Batman game that you can beat quick).
- Have the entire city of Gotham interactive like Spider-Man 2 game was.
- Implement some of the stuff from Splinter Cell, like the whole sneaking up behind someone and interrogating stuff.
- Have the game require some detective work and missions.
- Be able to drive around town in the Batmobile.
- Use Bruce Timm's design like they did in Batman Vengance.

i think a game like this has been discussed heaps in the past, it would be awsome though.

Here's what I think.

If using the Bruce Timm design, they should cell-shade and stylize the graphics.

The should concentrate heavily on the fighting engine. I wanna be Batman. I wanna fight and be unpredictable because I use so many moves. I wanna do flips and tie people up with cables before I punch their lights out. I wanna avoid gunfire.

I understand what you mean Ronny but I am trying to picture a Batman game cell-shaded and not liking it too well. I guess it would be ok cell-shaded..just depends how it is outlined..if it is cell-shaded but the character outlines are like outlined the color black that will look guitared.

Check out my Batman: Dark Quest threads! The demo is now available!

It's pretty old school graphically but it is a crack at an RPG with stealth and free roaming elements. A game for the fans by a fan!

I'll have to check that Demo some time later when I got time. When you say old school graphics you mean Nintendo or Super Nintendo? or Atari? or what. :p

Pretty much Super Nintendo style. Check out the threads there are screenshots

In fact I'll throw in a whole bunch here;

batman4

batman9

batman6.JPG

batman14.JPG

batman16.JPG

batman19.JPG

batman21.JPG

A GTA style Batman game would be awesome. Where you choose when you want to play through the story and the rest of the time you can just run around. The story would be something long, with alot of villains. Think Hush or Long Halloween. Joker, Two-Face or Riddler as the main villain. You could drive the Batmobile, swing, glide, run, all that stuff. Have random crimes on the streets like in SM2. (minus the balloon chasing) For art style of the game, have Jim Lee do it. Not so much sneaking around like in the Begins game, make that optional. And none of that 2 bullets you're dead crap. You'd have set amounts of gadgets and health packs in your belt and have to go to the Cave or the Batmobile to get more.(I don't like how you can find batarangs in the villains hideout) Last thing I can think of, get all the voice cast from BTAS. Or AT LEAST Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.

When you mention Lee's design for the art you mean for like the cover and stuff? Or what. If you meant for the 3D Character degisn then I think it should be Timm's since it would go more smoothly with the BTAS voice acting (if we had the actors from BTAS).

trustyside-kick said:
When you mention Lee's design for the art you mean for like the cover and stuff? Or what. If you meant for the 3D Character degisn then I think it should be Timm's since it would go more smoothly with the BTAS voice acting (if we had the actors from BTAS).
Cover, character design, everything. Like he's doing for the DC mmorpg. I think it would work ok with the cast.

That would be kind of difficult since his drawings have an immense amount of detail in them. And what is this DC MMORPG you speak of? :eek:

trustyside-kick said:
That would be kind of difficult since his drawings have an immense amount of detail in them. And what is this DC MMORPG you speak of? :eek:
It's an MMORPG with the DC universe. Jim Lee and a team of artists are doing all the design work. Suposed to come out next year I think. That's really all I know.

Yea, I just checked on IGN...for PS3 eh? I was planning on getting PS3 anyway but now I want it even more. :eek:

Just it is going to cost like a crapload...:(

The PS3 should be able to capture Lee's detail fairly well.

Oh I know it will. See I did not know about this DC MMORPG til just now. Also I did not know it was coming out for PS3 until now as well. :p

:O

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"