I love the Batman video games...trying to compile a list...

ABongHalloween

Civilian
Reaction score
I remember getting B'89 for NES for Christmas, it was pretty eh, not to mention difficult, I didn't beat it til like 10 years later! that being said the music is awesome and it has a cameo by Firefly. The next one I remember was
Batman:Return of the Joker also on the NES. Now, this game was awesome!
very good graphics for a 8-bit system, lots of fun levels and gameplay and it ends up at the Jokers ha-hacienda, a tropical resort where the Joker hangs out I guess. I loved this game, I still remember the password for the final stage (GPZT) ! Also there was a B'89 arcade game that was totally different than the NES game, that was alotta fun but very short. You do get to drive the Batmobile tho!

SNES games I remember are the Batman Returns beat 'em up style game (a la Final Fight) which was fun tho a bit repetitious. You get to drive the Batmobile here as well! The Adventures of Batman and Robin was based off B:TAS and was/is probably one of the best Batman vgs ever! Theres an awesome Riddler maze stage that sticks out in my mind.Hmmm, I remember there being a Batman Forever game that used realistic movie based sprites, kinda like how Mortal Kombat used real people, I dont really remember much about this game,AND there is a Batman Forever arcade game that I have NEVER seen but is supposed to be pretty damn awesome. I'd love some info and pics on this.

The last Batman game I played was Batman Begins for gamecube (also available on Xbox and PS2) and I LOVE this game! I hear its just a watered down knock off of Splinter Cell but who cares!?!? You get to be Batman and play thru BB, not to mention plenty of things that didn't actually happen in the movie! Not to mention you get to drive the Tumbler around smashing into cop cars and ****! I know there were a few other newer generation Batman video games, including one that kinda looked like it was based off B:TAS.

NES games:
Batman (based off '89 movie)
Batman: Return of the Joker
Batman Returns (may not have been officially released)

SNES:
Batman:Return of the Joker ( not sure this was officially released)
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
the Adventures of Batman and Robin

Gamecube\Xbox\PS2:
Batman Begins

Arcade:
Batman (based off '89 movie)
Batman Forever

ok please add info as I'd love to play thru some new Bat-video games

Batman Vengeance - Gamecube/Xbox/PS2
Batman: Rise Of Sin Tzu - Gamecube/Xbox/PS2

how are those games?
also theres apparently a Lego Batman game coming. Maybe it'll be like the Lego Star Wars and Indy games , meaning you have to play thru the original Batmovies! kinda doubt that tho.

Vengeance is pretty good. I personally love it. Has a good plot line, great graphics, terrific voice acting from the actors in the BTAS show, you get to drive the Batmobile and the Batwing in it, and the villains featured are Joker, Harley, Poison Ivy, and Mr Freeze.

I've never played the other one.

holy **** that game sounds awesome!
thanks!

oh yet another upcoming game featuring Batman is
DCU vs. Mortal Kombat. this game definitely gets my "what the hell?" for the day.

I had Rise of Sin-Tzu, it was basically a beat em up game, it had plot through cutscenes only and rest of the game was just fighting swarms of enemies and nothing else.
Vengeance was a lot better

how are those games?
also theres apparently a Lego Batman game coming. Maybe it'll be like the Lego Star Wars and Indy games , meaning you have to play thru the original Batmovies! kinda doubt that tho.

i believe it is an all new batman adventure. based on comics, not movies.

as for a list of games, try this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_computer_and_video_games

batman vengeance was fantastic. the batmobile levels were a bit frustrating at times though, i know there was one part where if you were off slightly you would die and have to restart.

rise of sin-tzu was pretty cool, but kinda easy and repetitive. i liked that you could be a variety of bat heroes though.

batman begins was awesome. more about stealth than out right fighting.

dark tomorrow was awful. the graphics and story were cool, but the controls were crap. i love batman just as much as the next guy, but i traded it in after playing it, it was that frustrating.

there is a justice league game that was pretty awesome. it was kinda like sin-tzu in the fact that you run through a level killing things, but it was also RPG-ish in that you could level up and learn new skills. unfortunately you couldn't pick anyone for any level, some levels you were forced to be certain characters, but it was very fun none the less.

damn that wiki entry pretty much answers all my questions.
however people should still feel free to show some appreciation
for their favorite Batman video game...

I'd also like to state that even tho this wiki entry says Batman:ROTJ
for SNES was cancelled its still pretty widely available as a rom, even tho in my opinion you should stick with the NES version.

Don't forget!
Batman and Robin on the PS1 (It was free roaming!)
Batman: Dark Tomorrow on Xbox and Gamecube. Biggest piece of trash ever made, but had fantastic cutscenes.

there's another one coming out, sorta.

DCUO (DC Universe Online) will be a MMORPG, exclusive to PS3. you don't actually get to be any DC characters, but you create your own hero/villain and get to interact with the DCU.

best of all? its all based on Jim Lees art work.

here's some screen shots:
2675536887_64ef318b16.jpg

2675537821_a9b6c51698.jpg

2676359214_07f4d789d6.jpg

and the myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/dcuo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"