Nadia Bjorlin attached to playing Wonder Woman...again

Nightwing 52

Things change
Reaction score
Does Wonder Woman hail from Salem?
Posted by Clint Morris on April 12, 2006
nadiaww.jpg

“Wonder Woman” rumours are about as regular as trips to the petrol station these days, so take this one with a grain of the salty stuff (perhaps not that salty stuff). Still, I’m mentioning this if only because I think they may have found someone that would look as cosy as heck in the Invisible Jet.

This morning, I received a press release from the PR firm for "Days of Our Lives" actress Nadia Bjorlin, confirming her involvement in the new auto-thriller “Red Line” co-starring Eddie Griffin and Nathan Phillips.

‘Apparently’ she is up for “Wonder Woman”.

Though I have heard her name bantered about for Joss Whedon’s upcoming “Wonder Woman” movie before – largely in forums, and from her fans – I haven’t seen anything resembling a semi-concrete confirmation that the girl is even interested, least of all whether she’s even going to get to test…Until this bit in press release:

Bjorlin is also one of the actresses being considered for the role of Wonder Woman.
Now ‘considered’ could mean anything. She could be audition with 500 other girls for the role. But I gotta say, I like her look. She mightn’t be very Amazonian, but she does have that action heroine kinda of thing going on…. and best of all, she’s essentially an unknown. That’s apparently what they’re aiming for with the film – a fresh face, a newbie along the lines of the new Superlad, Brandon Routh. Yeah….maybe she is worth considering. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is indeed being looked at.
So who’s your vote for WW? Quite a few actresses have been either rumoured or linked to the project…lets take a look at some:

Charisma Carpenter – as everyone knows, I’m a sucker for anything/anyone from the Sunnydale world, but even nuttier about Carpenter. She’s got that buxom, leggy look that could really compliment the “Wonder Woman” cossie.

Sarah Michelle Gellar? – Nah, don’t see it. Yeah, she can easily return to her brunette ways, but I think audiences would merely see ‘Buffy Woman’ up there…. she’s a little too well known for her slayings to be credible.

Katherine Heigl – Love Katy, great girl. Great actress too. But best of all, she’s as hot as a newly cooked saveloy. Would have to see what she looks like with long brown hair to know whether she could pass for princess Diana though. At the moment, nope, not my choice. Supergirl, on the other hand…

Mischa Barton – No. Not a big Barton fan as it is, but I basically don’t see her as the springy action heroine type. I don’t understand why producers aren’t looking at her “OC” co-star, Rachel Bilson? Though… Now THAT is a “Wonder Woman”! Did you see her in the costume?! Wow!

Morena Baccarin – Has always kind of been my favourite for the role of “Wonder Woman”. Aside from us Firefly-fans, she’s not largely well known, and she really does have that Amazonian ass-kicker look about her. I think she still has my vote. Yeah….I’m hoping she’ll be one of the frontrunners (I’m sure Whedon’s going to definitely consider her anyway, considering their past).

Jessica Biel – She’s apparently producer Joel Silver’s first choice for the role. Though she mightn’t be right for it, I’m betting she at least gets a look in. She’s money, I guess…. and well, so is Silver…whose going to argue? (Much better than who the studio originally suggested for the role – Katie Holmes. Apparently she’s no longer in consideration, probably due to the fact that she’s gone and got herself linked to the “Batman” world instead, but I don’t think she could pass for the Wonder lass anyway). At least, Biel would be able to handle herself in the physical scenes….she’s definitely got some muscles on her that girl, and proved in “Blade Trinity” that she can hold her own in a skirmish.

Maybe this would make a good topic for next week’s Caffeinated Clint….. email me your picks for “Wonder Woman”.

Thanks to ‘HS’

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=18802

She is too scary in my opinion. Her face has plastic surgery written all over it. No way is she even close to resembling Wonder Woman.

Other than having blue eyes, I honestly can't see how Nadia could even be considered. :confused:

According to SFX magazine, Jaime Murray has secured an audition. She starts in the BBC show Hustle alongside, believe it or not, Robert Vaughn. She dressed as Wonder Woman in one episode, and he sent a copy to Warner Bros.

250hustle_murray.jpg

I was about to that the Nadia article seriously till they listed all those other ridiculous names.

Jaime Murray looks way too old.

jaime_murray.jpg

She looks more like Hippolyta's age

Of everyone on that list, Morena Baccarin still seems the most logical choice.

I could see Biel or Bjorlin as candidates though. I didn't know Biel was attached to the Batman franchise. Who is she playing?

I think Jaime Murray's already out of the running and I agree she's too old anyway. My personal pick would be Evangeline Lilly from Lost.
evangeline.jpg

She's a gorgeous girl and is young enough for quite a few sequels. :up:

emma_c22000 said:
I think Jaime Murray's already out of the running and I agree she's too old anyway. My personal pick would be Evangeline Lilly from Lost.
evangeline.jpg

She's a gorgeous girl and is young enough for quite a few sequels. :up:

Lilly has shown alot of interest in playing Wonder Woman, with even admitting she would stand in front of the mirror as a child pretending to actually be her. She didn't sound all to sure of herself though of possibly getting the role in that interview about two months ago, questioning if she wanted to be apart of something that big. But I agree, she's beautiful and could certainly make a well quality of sequels if ever cast. Next to Baccarin, I think she'd be a decent choice.

Super_Ludacris said:
Biel, Lilly and Carpenter are good choices

Biel and Lilly could definitely be seen as candidates. I agree with you there.

Charisma Carpenter is going to be 36 in July, and the film probably won't shoot until next year, at which case Charisma Carpenter would be 37. 37 is only 3 years short of 40 which is old enough to be a grandma. That's not the image one would want to associate with Wonder Woman. 37 is getting pretty long in the tooth to be considered for a Wonder Woman film. 10 years ago, she might have had a chance, but not I really don't see it.

dpm07 said:

Charisma Carpenter is going to be 36 in July, and the film probably won't shoot until next year, at which case Charisma Carpenter would be 37. 37 is only 3 years short of 40 which is old enough to be a grandma. That's not the image one would want to associate with Wonder Woman. 37 is getting pretty long in the tooth to be considered for a Wonder Woman film. 10 years ago, she might have had a chance, but not I really don't see it.

As much as I agree with this post, it's been said that age isn't a factor for Whedon just as long as he feels like they can deliver greatly if cast in the role. Though, I'd like the role of Wonder Woman to go to someone a little younger.

dpm07 said:

how old are you? you could be a grandma at 30 too, so what dose that have to do with anything?

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
how old are you? you could be a grandma at 30 too, so what dose that have to do with anything?

exactly man, what a tool for even saying something like that!

Lilly is gradually slipping down the SHH! poll. :( Voting for her every time I visit the site doesn't seem to be working.....

..... Help me out guys! Let's get her to the top! :) :D

emma_c22000 said:
Lilly is gradually slipping down the SHH! poll. :( Voting for her every time I visit the site doesn't seem to be working.....

:(

But...I alread voted for Morena Baccarin...

*flies in* No not her, i'm liking this Taylor Cole though. :up:

-\S/

emma_c22000 said:

Hehe, I wouldn't mind getting her on top, if you know what I mean... ;)

how can anyone even consider Morena Baccarin, she looks absolutely nothing like WW, she doesn't have strong features infact she looks more like a house cat.

Taylor Cole is the best option of the very young ones.

And I really agree with swifty on Baccarin.

And dpm07 insists in his complete dementia about age. He'll be scared when he is a very old guy, I mean, in his late twenties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"