Natalie Imbruglia's Secret audition!

ShaZam612

Civilian
Reaction score
85fv40j.jpg

She rang the bell for the Boxing Day sales, but Natalie Imbruglia's big-screen career could also be making noise with news she has auditioned for a role in Hugh Jackman's latest blockbuster.

Confidential can reveal the actress-turned-songstress had a secret screen test for a part in Wolverine in Sydney two weeks ago.

The one-time Ramsay St resident seems to be switching her focus back to the screen after her single 'Glorious' failed to set the charts on fire in either Britain or her homeland Australia this year.

She finished filming the Aussie flick Elise in Adelaide earlier this month and is also believed to have auditioned for the job as host of So You Think You Can Dance – a role that went to another former Neighbours actress, Natalie Bassingthwaighte.

"Shooting (Elise) and getting to play such an interesting character was a dream come true," Imbruglia said. "I am still pinching myself about the whole experience and I definitely want to do more film."

Casting for the next film in the X-Men series is ongoing, with Naomi Watt's partner Liev Schreiber and AFI-winner Kodi Smit-McPhee rumoured to be joining the project.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22980399-5006023,00.html

that would be really unexpected . i don't know what credibility she has so it's tough to say if it is a wise move or not to cast the woman.

shes hot but other than that I don't really know.

We're already late, she's already torn.

Not such a 'secret audition' is it now eh, Imbruglia?

:D

Ooooh, secrets.

Chud is a little late with this, but here's Devin's take - apparently he has an "impeccable source."

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13137

WOLVERINE TO GET TORN?
By Devin Faraci

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Weeks and weeks ago I told you that Gavin Hood wanted Natalie Portman to appear in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That obviously wasn't going to happen - let's be serious for a moment, her career isn't in quite that much trouble yet* - but that bit of director-based fantasy casting gives you a clue what Hood is looking for. So when the news came out of Australia that Natalie Imbruglia, one time pop star and current wife to one of the little kids from Silverchair (feeling old yet?), auditioned for a part in Wolverine, it all made sense. Either my source got his Natalies mixed up, Hood has a thing for Natalies or he's looking for a dark haired actress with a slighter build.

Garth at Dark Horizons speculates that Imbruglia could be up for the role of Silver Fox, rumored to be going to Maggie Q. My impeccable source told me that the role Hood wanted Portman for was 'Kayla.' Looking up the comical book version of Silver Fox reveals that she doesn't seem to have a real name, but in at least one version of the script there's a Kayla Silverfox.

*yet.[/FONT]

LOL Well sucks for her than that she didn't get the part. On the other hand, I'm happy about that.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4060&Itemid=99

Natalie Imbruglia Not in Wolverine!
Written by Robert Sanchez
Monday, 07 January 2008

Did the pop star even audition for a role in the spin off movie?

A few days ago I read somewhere, for the life of me I cant remember where but it stated that Natalie Imbruglia had a special audition for an unspecified role in Wolverine.

So I wondered what the role might be considering that the leading contender for Silver Fox had been Maggie Q. Had things changed in the last few weeks that would leave the door open for the Aussie soap actress and 90's pop star?

The IESB has been able to check with multiple high level moles over at Fox who have confirmed that Natalie Imbruglia will not be in the X-men spin off Wolverine film. The truth is that they don’t even know how the rumor got started.

So X-Men fans can take a deep breath, Wolverine appears to be headed in the right direction.

I really hope she doesn't appear in 'Wolverine'. Not even for one scene. She's a hopless actress and her presence would only sour the milk for Danny Boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"