Natalie Portman in Pride & Prejudice & Zombies!

Craig Gillespie(Lars and The Real Girl) Set To Direct
Craig Gillespie will soon be set as director of Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, Lionsgate's adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that enhanced the Jane Austen classic with a smattering of flesh-eating walking corpses. Now, Gillespie has been a frontrunner on the Lionsgate project since Mike White dropped out. But several other candidates were considered, including the author and his partner, David Katzenberg. I'm told that the other aspirants have been informed that Gillespie will be getting the gig and that he'll begin negotiating soon. Gillespie, who helmed Lars and the Real Girl, most recently wrapped the remake Fright Night for DreamWorks, with Colin Farrell in the bloodsucker role.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/craig-gillespie-poised-to-direct-pride-and-prejudice-and-zombies/

Didn't Portman decide to walk because she decided she was too old?

Emma Stone, that's really interesting. Now, I haven't read the book, but it seems like a possible miscasting to me; wouldn't you want someone more "classical," someone who could just as well play Elizabeth Bennet in an actual adaptation of Pride & Prejudice? Emma Stone is so modern, I'm not sure if she fits. But again, I haven't read the book, so someone tell me if I'm way off on this thought. Regardless, Emma Stone is terrific, and her presence makes me more interested in any movie.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/emma-stone-not-doing-pride-and-prejudice-and-zombies/

Emma Stone Not Doing 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'

Emma Stone passed on the heroine role in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Lionsgate's adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that mixes the 1813 Jane Austen classic with a legion of bloodthirsty zombies. While talent gets offered and passes on movies every day, Internet reports now trumpet offers, even if the journalists have no idea whether the actor is at all interested in doing the movie. In this case, an offer was made but it never got to the negotiation stage, I'm told.

It should be 'Natalie Portman producing 'Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.'

;)

Interesting that Screen Gems picked this up, rather than Sony's subsidiary TriStar...

No-one ever continued this thread when the film actually came out starring one of my favourite actresses, Lily James.

It looks like they were trying to set it up for a sequel which never materialised. But what sequel could they have had since it reached the end of the traditional Pride and Prejudice story with the wedding?

I've been doing a bit of a Lily James movie marathon over Christmas and New Year. But I don't fancy watching Mamma Mia because I don't like Abba.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"