Natalie Portman in Pride & Prejudice & Zombies!

THIS IS TOO AWESOME TO BE REAL! :D

BTW, don't you think it's a bit funny that Kierra Knightly, who was Natalie Portman's double in Star Wars Episode I also starred in a version of Pride and Prejudice?

This is ironic since Keira Knightley played a character in Pride and Prejudice and she kind of got famous for looking a lot like Natalie Portman.

Maybe it's a little too much of a coinncidence :ninja:

And may I add; F**K YES!

Who should play Mr. Darcy?

Wow. When I read the book I pictured Keira Knightley and the 2005 cast doing it and now it is. The 2005 adaptation is actually a wonderful film and earned Knightley her first Oscar nomination for best actress and is just a splendid piece of joyous filmmaking fluff with a great cast.

I'd like to see them duplicate it...with zombies. It will be interesting to see who they cast as Mr. Darcy and Lizzy's parents. Also this version of Lady Catherine will be really unique so I'm hoping they get thar giht as well.

Wow. When I read the book I pictured Keira Knightley and the 2005 cast doing it and now it is. The 2005 adaptation is actually a wonderful film and earned Knightley her first Oscar nomination for best actress and is just a splendid piece of joyous filmmaking fluff with a great cast.

I'd like to see them duplicate it...with zombies. It will be interesting to see who they cast as Mr. Darcy and Lizzy's parents. Also this version of Lady Catherine will be really unique so I'm hoping they get thar giht as well.

Willem Dafoe should be in this somewhere.

Who should play Mr. Darcy?

I could see Richard Armitage being a fantastic Darcy but I think they'll want to go for something different. More like Elliot Cowen ("Lost in Austen")

Bill Nighy would be a fun Mr. Bennet. You could see him training zombie killers.

^OMG. That would be too wonderful.

Tell him to get the stick out of his hoighty-toighty butt and read something other than what people designate as "literature" and read a book that doesn't require you to think every single second.

You gotta kinda look at it from his perspective though. I mean, if they took something I value highly and added zombies to it, I can't say I wouldn't be furious.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and Zombies --> Blade Runner and Zombies.

Yeah, I could see myself getting angry at that.

There's another classic book they did the same thing with, I forgot which one.

Picks for Mr Darcy: James McAvoy, Rupert Friend or Andrew Lee-Potts.

Cheers.

Given the ending of the book, who do you guys think should play Lady Catherine?

I could see an ass-kicking Helen Mirren.

Mike Fleming/deadline.com said:
I'm told a lot of directors are lining up for Lionsgate's Pride, Prejudice and Zombies, the Seth Grahame-Smith revisionist novel that enhances Jane Austen's tale of class and manners in 19th Century England with the much-needed infusion of bloodthirsty brain-eating zombies. I'm told that after Natalie Portman backed out of playing Elizabeth Bennet, David O Russell had Scarlett Johansson ready to play the heroine and Bradley Cooper to play Mr. Darcy. Then, Russell himself left to focus on his collaboration with Vince Vaughn Old St. Louis and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune at Sony.

Lionsgate claims no cast is set and that other actors are in the mix too. And certainly a new director might want to pick their own leads. So consider them front runners, and Johansson showed she can handle the action when she played Black Widow in Iron-Man 2. Directors are lining up because the Pride, Prejudice and Zombies script that Russell leaves behind is strong. Don't be surprised to see David Slade in the mix here. He was a finalist for not only Wolverine 2 but also Lionsgate's Hunger Games, a job that went to Gary Ross. And beyond scoring a hit last summer with Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Slade's got a distinguished horror credit in 30 Days of Night.

UPDATE: I've begun hearing directing candidates to replace David O Russell for Lionsgate's Pride, Prejudice and Zombies: Mike Newell (Prince of Persia) is the early front runner, but they are still meeting filmmakers and I am hearing Descent's Neil Marshall is in the mix. Details below.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/as-...s-with-scarlett-johansson-and-bradley-cooper/

More directors and actors added to the mix:

Lionsgate's Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is becoming one of the hottest projects in town. With Scarlett Johansson in talks for the lead, along with offers out to Bradley Cooper (Case 39, The Dark Fields, Hangover), Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Tilda Swinton ( Adaptation, Constantine), directors are now fighting over the chance to get behind the camera. It was reported yesterday that David Slade (30 Days of Night), Mike Newell (Prince of Persia) and Doomsday's Neil Marshall were all in the mix, now The Wrap is adding that Jonathan Demme, Matt Reeves (Let Me In, Cloverfield), Mike White (Year of the Dog) and the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs team of Phil Lord and Chris Miller are all hoping to bring Seth Grahame-Smith's revisionist novel to life. At this point, you might as well state that ALL OF THIS is pretty *****ing premature. Can someone call me when this is narrowed down? Thanks.
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/22103

Anne Hathaway and James McAvoy Up for PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES

Once, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was going to be a collaboration between producer/star Natalie Portman and director David O. Russell (The Fighter). Then, Portman not to star (staying on as producer), and Russell dropped out. Lionsgate hired Mike White (Year of the Dog) to replace Russell, but at this point there are no stars for White to direct.

Scarlett Johansson, Bradley Cooper, Mia Wasikowska, Tilda Swinton, and Catherine O’Hara were rumored for roles awhile back. Two more have thrown their name into the hat: Anne Hathaway and James McAvoy. Details after the jump.

According to Pajiba, Hathaway is under consideration to star as Elizabeth Bennett, while McAvoy would play Mr. Darcy. The earlier report mentioned Johansson and Wasikowska for Elizabeth, Cooper for Darcy. It is not clear if Hathaway and McAvoy now top the shortlist, or have merely joined it. However, it is noteworthy that a Hathaway/McAvoy pairing suggests an entirely different approach to casting than Johansson/Cooper.
http://www.collider.com/2010/12/11/pride-prejudice-zombies-anne-hathaway-james-mcavoy/

I guess the title of this thread should be changed, since Portman will not play Elizabeth Bennett but would stay as the producer instead. I hope Hathaway will get the lead role.

You know it's really funny where Natalie Portman's career has gone. Ok, so she was in the Star Wars films a gazillion years ago, but now it seems like virtually every film she is in is related to scifi fantasy in some way, and now she's doing zombies.

I maintain this concept works better as a sketch on a comedy show like SNL or something, I read the book and started getting bored in between the zombie action. That said, I do think it would make it more hilarious if they made this film with the most stereotypical English cast you could think of for an Austen adaptation.

Director David O. Russell, Oscar-nominated for The Fighter, recently spoke to The Wall Street Journal about why he left the Lionsgate adaptation Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. The novel was written by Seth Grahame-Smith's.

Russell says: "I thought at $40 to $50 million was a bargain price to make a Sherlock Holmes-style period action romance that happened to have zombies in it. The studio budgeted it as a genre zombie movie and gave me $25 to $28 million. I was like, that's not cool. We have crazy big action sequences in it. It's very commercial; we have a major romance. It's a period film. And we're doing it on the budget that we did The Fighter? It made no sense to me. That I found was frustrating."

Mike White replaced Russell, but now he has left as well. The hunt is currently on for a filmmaker.

Craig Gillespie Frontrunner For 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
Fright Night director Craig Gillespie is front runner to direct Pride And Prejudice and Zombies, the Lionsgate adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel. No deal yet, Lionsgate says. Mike White had the job but dropped out because of a scheduling conflict. Before that, David O Russell was the director, but before he left, he wrote a killer script that's had other directors circling.

i always figured this movie would happen before Abe Lincoln the Vampire Slayer, but it has been going around in circles with directors

seems that Abe Lincoln is moving forward nicely

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"