Natalie Portman in Pride & Prejudice & Zombies!

Octoberist

point blank
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61576#
Natalie Portman will star in and produce Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, a film that is based on the best-selling book written by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen. Variety says that Lionsgate will finance and distribute.

Described as an expanded version of the Austen classic, the book tells the timeless story of a woman's quest for love and independence amid the outbreak of a deadly virus that turns the undead into vicious killers.

Portman will play feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet, who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Mr. Darcy.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61576

I cannot wait.

That sounds hillarious.

But Portman's british accent is quite terrible. Good thing she is a good actress.

They're actually making a movie out of that book? Ha.

My English professor was deeply offended that such a book exists.

No way. Really? That is so cool! That book was such a great read. And Natalie Portman, well she's Natalie Portman nothing more needs to be typed.

Cheers.

My English professor was deeply offended that such a book exists.

Tell him to get the stick out of his hoighty-toighty butt and read something other than what people designate as "literature" and read a book that doesn't require you to think every single second.

The adaptation came out not to long ago so there shouldn't be any offense considering that film is readily available.

This movie could be awesome, I think the Duchess could of used some zombies though or ninjas.

Tell him to get the stick out of his hoighty-toighty butt and read something other than what people designate as "literature" and read a book that doesn't require you to think every single second.

That's a pretty weak defense there,man.

Still don't know about this. There's silly and then there's stupid. I'll wait to find out who they get to play Mr Darcy before deciding though

Seeing how Zombieland was a massive success, I think this wont disappoint if its done in the same comedic vein

this is silly in a satirical way. so I don't think it's stupid-stupid.

lol my tutor told me he got this book as a present not too long ago this week, sounded epic :D

lol my tutor told me he got this book as a present not too long ago this week, sounded epic :D

I'm actually probably going to get this as part of my gift for my girlfriend for Christmas, she likes all that romance stuff and zombie movies, should be pretty funny.

The book according to my gf isn't that silly or dumb. She says the majority of it is the original book and they tried to fit in zombies here and there. There really isn't that many scenes with them.

I imagine they will add more to the film to spruce it up though.

:dry:

Certain things in life make me sad :csad:

wanna a tissue? This is a clever satire, not a mind numbing exploitation of the original book.

This is ironic since Keira Knightley played a character in Pride and Prejudice and she kind of got famous for looking a lot like Natalie Portman.

Funny thing, I emailed my gf at work and told her about this.

She brought up the fact that there was another classic book redone with a horror element.

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. :hehe:

THIS IS TOO AWESOME TO BE REAL! :D

BTW, don't you think it's a bit funny that Kierra Knightly, who was Natalie Portman's double in Star Wars Episode I also starred in a version of Pride and Prejudice?

would this movie be funnier if you have read or seen the actual pride and prejudice??

i dont think i feel like watchin it.. but if i have to... lol

This could be absolutley horrible or too damn awesome. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"