Nearly finished

suicideking15 said:
I pulled the molds out of storage for the Juggy helmet. it will require some tune up before I can vacuum any plastic for KADs project. by the way. I have done a few different versions of the helmet. Do you have any preferences on the finish? I can add what appear to be smoot bolt heads along the bottom like the old silver age juggs or leave them off. The version I enjoyed the most, I built up a knotted brow between the eyes like the Jim Lee version. It adds a touch of comic book to the piece but also gives it an angry appearance. Either one is easy enough to complete but entirely up to you. I could even cast and paint the bolt heads and you could add them later if you wanted. Google Juggy images and see if you find one you like better and let me know
SK

King give make it angry with bolts

you got it. I plan on trying a different method to cast your piece out of vacuumed plexiglass instead of resin and fiberglass, I think it will make for a more finished look, if not I can still pull a fiberglass copy.

suicideking15 said:
you got it. I plan on trying a different method to cast your piece out of vacuumed plexiglass instead of resin and fiberglass, I think it will make for a more finished look, if not I can still pull a fiberglass copy.

Sweet,
I can't wait.

I'm talking to a friend about making the bands.

FEAR THE BAT said:
Hey Dr Doom, be happy you're gettin' those Shocker gauntlets.

Let somebody else get a chance to ask for somethin'.

Really..

King,

Ant update on Jugs???

I have decided I can only finish one shocker gauntlet. I am working on the display now. I cant get the board for the second one. I should have it finished this week I hope. Then I can start the juggy helmet. I have been out of country so much lately I dont get much work time in.

something I came across while working yesterday.
DSC01409.JPG

it is the start to a daredevil spring activated grapple. Like this one
grapple-4.jpg

As you can see i have the kit in resin form (kind of rough) but I was working on an actual working model, The fins made out of aluminim and the shaft actually wooden with a working trigger.

suicideking15 said:
DSC01409.JPG

grapple-4.jpg

As you can see i have the kit in resin form (kind of rough) but I was working on an actual working model, The fins made out of aluminim and the shaft actually wooden with a working trigger.

Very cool.

King just let me know when your ready

suicideking15 said:
DSC01409.JPG

grapple-4.jpg

Wow, that is awesome.

I have a friend that is a machinist (same guy that did my wolvie claws) he is making the ends for me. Although I have a small milling/drilling machine I want this to be right. This is one of those projects that is small pieces over a long period of time

Hey suicideking-
Have you ever considered doing the 4 Element statues from the movie, the Fifth Element? I can find a picture if you want. They're not really metallic or mechanical, which seems to be your style, but I've never seen anyone do replicas of them.

suicideking15 said:
I have a friend that is a machinist (same guy that did my wolvie claws) he is making the ends for me. Although I have a small milling/drilling machine I want this to be right. This is one of those projects that is small pieces over a long period of time

Too bad that wouldn't be an easier production. That I definitely wouldn't mind having.

Saint553 said:
Hey suicideking-
Have you ever considered doing the 4 Element statues from the movie, the Fifth Element? I can find a picture if you want. They're not really metallic or mechanical, which seems to be your style, but I've never seen anyone do replicas of them.
I am not familiar with the piece

JUGGY UPDATE!

Freshly pulled plastic for the juggy helm. I left the spray can in back for reference. The plexi is sooooo much cleaner than the fabric resin I was using. (more expensive but worth it) I pulled three over the long weekend and they all came out **** (can you say **** in SHH?) Now I cut out the eyes and mouth, mold the resin brow and bolts and paint. This is going to be one badasss prop

DSC01410.JPG

suicideking15 said:
JUGGY UPDATE!

Freshly pulled plastic for the juggy helm. I left the spray can in back for reference. The plexi is sooooo much cleaner than the fabric resin I was using. (more expensive but worth it) I pulled three over the long weekend and they all came out **** (can you say **** in SHH?) Now I cut out the eyes and mouth, mold the resin brow and bolts and paint. This is going to be one badasss prop

DSC01410.JPG

Sweet Can't wait

Looks damn good so far.

Man I can't wait to see some more in-progress pics.

I have more than a few billy club ends ordered from the machinist. They would make easily into the half-staff, chucks or the single rod that folded out into the cane if anyone is interested. The grapple will be a one of a kind but the other pieces are alot easier to make

wow im very impressed by the craftsmenship put into these replica pieces. bravo! Would you ever consider doing a replica of the sword of omens? you know.. the thundercats sword? Man.... I wish I could have an exact replica of that.. that'd be the greatest.

Sorry for the long delay in updates. I have had many other more important things on my mind. In fact to raise money for an important cause (not for me) I will have some items on ebay for auction. including some things I have not posted here and had not sold publicly previously. If anyone is interested I will post the auction links here as well (at least until SHH asks me not to)
The shocker stand and gauntlet is done and ready for package
Here is a shot of the latest juggy helmet. Primed and awaiting paint and trim. One of the items I plan on auctioning is a custom juggy helmet with stand so keep your eyes peeled.

juggy2.JPG

juggy1.JPG

What's the link to your auctions?

Thanks,
Kyle

That Juggs helmet looks fantastic SK. I can't wait to see the final piece. Good job. :up:

Yeah, count me in too.

I'm definitely gonna check out your auctions SK.

And damn fine work on the Juggy helmet. Damn cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"