Nearly finished

suicideking15

Sidekick
Reaction score
It still needs some finishing touches but this is what i am working on.
claw4.JPG

claw5.JPG

claw6.JPG

The laser on the prototype can only cut through small non solid object but the boys down at Octavius labs are tweaking it for me.The crush strength of the claw is promising tho, it wont yet smash an energized teen with superhuman-spider like abilities but could easily damage a small child or pet. :)

Dude, you're working on something I've always dreamed of having. :eek: :eek:

This thread belongs in Community where all the fanboys and fangirls can see it. :D

DOR is right.They rock :D

Damn, they just get better and better!!!!! :) That tentacle is seriously cool. :up:

Is that you in the picture...? ;)

no thats my wife. :) wait until you see the 6 footer i have started for the legs. the feet are alot bulkier and heavy claws. Thanks for the compliment. I am going to sell at least one set or arm (not sure which yet) on Ebay. Anyone iterested?

WHOAH! IS THAT PLASTIC, ALUMINUM, OR WHAT? THEY LOOK LIKE AUTHENTIC PROPS.........GREAT JOB!:eek:

If you were to sell the tentacles, how much would they cost each?

its all resin with bits of plastic and epoxy. The light is actually a phased down LED that will plug right into the wall. Anyone interested in an entire set (that would include two arms and two legs) would probably run about $1000.00 (i know its a lot but they take so damn much time) i am making a smaller prop version for ebay that is about a two foot length mounted on a nice black laquered stand, it has a plaque stating it is from the labratory of DR Otto Octavius it will appear as tho our friendly neighborhood wallcrawler has torn it from Dock Ock and you ended up with the souvenier. That would probably be about $300.00

That's just absolutely incredible, man. I mean....wow...

Keep up the awesome work man!

wow, impressive. you just make cool stuff like this? do you take requests?

What are you thinking a about doing? I also just finished a clay sculpt of Hellboys right hand that i am casting in foam. I have been working on a replica glider from the first movie. That is a project let me tell you. but when finished you wont be able to tell the movie one from my replica. I was thinking of adding some more Batman accessories to my hall of heroes as well.
DSC00456.JPG

DSC00250.JPG

Incredible. May I also suggest the Infinity Gauntlet for your wall?

personally, I was wondering what sort of tasks it would be for you to create a Gunblade from Final Fantasy 8. Vash the tampede's Gun, Nicholas Wolfwood's cross, or if you've ever read Transmetropolitan, a Bowel Disruptor gun, or his sunglasses (a company made replicas of his sunglasses a few years ago, but they're impossible to find, ungodly expensive, and peices of crap in quality). I've always been very curious to find somebody who could just, you now, MAKE stuff for you. I'm not extremely rich, but I can certainly gther up the money necessary to pay you forsome of these.

Im not familiar with final fantasy but if you sent me clear pictures i could definitely give you an idea of what it would take to make.

here're some pictures of some other replicas, and from the game. I wouldn't be looking for actual metal, probably some kind of plastic (but I don't know anything about making this stuff. if you have any ideas on how you could make it, and about how much it might run, with this or any of those items, I would be very interested). If you enter "gunblade" into google image search, you can find some other images. I like the third one down best in terms of proportions

gunblade.jpg
11.jpg
gunblade-vero.jpg
squallgunblade-render.jpg

Originally posted by Elijya
here're some pictures of some other replicas, and from the game. I wouldn't be looking for actual metal, probably some kind of plastic (but I don't know anything about making this stuff. if you have any ideas on how you could make it, and about how much it might run, with this or any of those items, I would be very interested). If you enter "gunblade" into google image search, you can find some other images. I like the third one down best in terms of proportions

gunblade.jpg
11.jpg
gunblade-vero.jpg
squallgunblade-render.jpg

Now that is some sweet shiznit. :cool:

Well SK15 seems to be the right man for the job, that tentacle is awesome.

The "gunblade" doesnt look too difficult it would be made in cast resin (closely resembles white plastic) it would paint up just like the model on the bottom. Ill do a web search on the engraving. its likeness would be the most difficult. Is the handle made to accomadate something other than a human hand or is the sloped back look just for cosmetics?

It's meant for human hands. I think the handle is like that so it can be grabbed two handed and used as a sword, as well as having enough of an angle pull the trigger. Not sure, never played FF8 myself.

The thing with casting a prop is this: if you are only making one that one is expensive but you can make as many copies as you want for what the first one cost to make (if that makes sense) one would probably be in the $150 range (that is a finished price) if we could find 2 or 3 people that are also interested we could get that down to $100-75 dollars depending on how finished a piece you want. If you are willing to paint sand and glue the cast pieces together it would be cheaper. I started a mold from an airsoft 357 magnum for the body and will sculpt the handle this week. the blade will be the easiest part except the engraved portion but I am confident we can pull it off.

you've already started it!?!?!? and it'll only run about $150?!?!? DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN THANK YOU!!!!!!! I was worred it would run like $1500

as for other people being interested, I'm fairly confident you could sell those on ebay for a couple hundred each if you keep the molds. There's tons of die-hard FF fans, and the japanese replicas are impossible to find and cost a few grand, so I'm certain fans would be willing to shell out for a much more cost-effective model.

as for payment, do you have a pay-pal account?

You cant collect enough comic book crap to fill a room in your house without a paypal account. Is the etching on the blade a griffin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"