World need pics of ultimate ww2 cap

arivin923

Civilian
Reaction score
hey everybody! i'm putting together an ultimate ww2 captain america costume, and I need as many reference pictures as possible. any and all help would be appreciated. I lent my book to a friend, and don't want to spend the money to buy a new one.

thanks to anybody who takes the time to help me out with this!

uh.... ok......

so does anyone have any of the pics from ultimates vol. 1 beyond the "christmas" full page shot? any and all pictures are welcome. thanks!

Calm down, calm down...

Ultimates01-19.jpg

Ultimates01-04.jpg

Ultimates02-24.jpg

Ultimates01-14.jpg

capfinoj7.jpg

3317362645_b489879ba2.jpg

That's all WW2 Cap-images I could find...

Don't think there are any more...

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks!
does anyone happen to have the "uncle-sam i want you" style poster of him from Marvel Chronicle: A Year by Year History
?

I had the same idea and it came out pretty good I think.

000_0173.jpg

000_0175.jpg

000_0176.jpg

000_0174.jpg

000_0178.jpg

The shirt and cargos are a matching pair from the Dickies store. I went more navy than royal blue because navy was easy to find, and the royal looks a bit silly in real life to be perfectly honest. So everything in my costume is a shade darker. I took the shirt and some white and red fabric to a tailor to have the shirt made (definitely the most expensive part). My mom made the mask out of a vinyl that resembled leather. I was going to put goggles on it but that made it too busy. The belt and leggings are authentic WWII from an army/navy store. The boots are $20 jungle boots from Academy. The helmet is from a costume shop. I painted it and some foam board to make the shield. I used my Marvel select WWII Cap and the Ultimates book as the model.
Overall..clothes, tailor, paints, all supplies...it cost me almost $200 to do this. It took every spare minute of my weekends in October, but it was a fun project and won me a prize at one of the parties I went to. We even had costume day at work and everyone loved it. I'm thinking about hitting San Diego Comic-Con next year with this. What ya think?

Last edited:
I do have a funny story.....

I shared in this thread that I made the Ultimate WWII Cap costume and wore it to work the Friday before Halloween. (if you notice on the corner of my desk is my Cap figure)

Mouser10-30-09.jpg

So, I had to give some presentations this past Monday. 3 of them, each one to a group of about 20 people. Well, my boss played a prank on me that I didn't know he had in store. Each time when he introduced me, he would say,
"I want to bring up our guest speaker. You may know him better as 'Captain America'".
And the he would immediately bring up that photo. It got a good laugh, and I acted embarrased, but to be honest, I thought it was pretty cool . LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"