Need some advice from toy collectors!

Terry McGinnis

The End is Nigh
Reaction score
This is stupid but anyway...I've been collecting batman action figures for about 8 years now. I have every figure still in box, I haven't opened any of it. Recently i purchased the whole watchmen team and opened them and put them on my desk. NOW! I'm contemplating if i should just...finally open all of my batman stuff and put them in a display. It's not like i'm going to sell them ever because i'm not! but i just can't get myself to open them. Any advice? Some of my stuff consists of Wave 1 Dc Universe Classic Detective Batman along with a bunch other DC universe batman related figures,Almost every TDK movie master they made. Stealth launch tumblr where you press a button and the batpod comes out with batman on it, I've only seen one online to buy. Some of the movie masters from TDKR, A shiz load of animated series figures/Bat mobiles from BTAS and playsets and random figures/batmobiles etc from the early 2000's HELP! haha

I've always opened the boxes and displayed my stuff.It depends on the space you have.If you aren't going to resell it then at least that's one less thing to worry about.

For the longest time, I always kept my stuff in boxes as well. But at one point, I wanted to see them in all their glory with accessories in hand, or them on their bases. I'm pretty happy with the decision of liberating them from the plastic prisons. Different poses, cool setups, that's just something you can't enjoy from a box. Also, opening them frees up a lot more space. But you'll have to keep them dust free a bit more frequent.

Open them sir!! :woot:

For the longest time, I always kept my stuff in boxes as well. But at one point, I wanted to see them in all their glory with accessories in hand, or them on their bases. I'm pretty happy with the decision of liberating them from the plastic prisons. Different poses, cool setups, that's just something you can't enjoy from a box. Also, opening them frees up a lot more space. But you'll have to keep them dust free a bit more frequent.

Open them sir!! :woot:

2 vs 1. Just spent the last hour opening almost everything. Thanks guys haha. Now I need a display case

yeah i always prefer out of box, if you're a die hard collector. Keeping stuff in a box sorta means you're more about investing and less about the collecting. imo. so you want it to stay mint.... that's cool.. but you really going to enjoy these that much when your 60 and they're still in a box? probably not

I'm an opener too. I agree. But space is a real concern. Hopefully you have a big shelf setup or can get one. Make sure you pose them properly too. Don't open them up just to have them all standing shoulder to shoulder, ya know? That only works for Iron Man's Armory. ;-)

Have fun dude. Welcome to the club.

Yeah, I'm just saying, pose them well. Put some thought into it. Make it look cool. And then I wanna see some pics up here.

I'm an opener as well. Except for some series, like DC Direct Watchmen and DK Returns, that I haven't completed yet. Also, lack of space due not having display cases like the IKEA one.

I have some figs displayed in my basement and bedroom, some I brought at work on my desk. :D

i'd get loose version to pose on display

that way if there's a "shelf dive" and action figure injury, its not the end of the world.

i put my MM bats in packaging, and get loose ones to pose

i also get cheaper versions to pose also b/c its the effect of the display. extra articulation at a joint dont mean squat if i'm just gonna pose the fig standing upright

i'd get loose version to pose on display

that way if there's a "shelf dive" and action figure injury, its not the end of the world.

i put my MM bats in packaging, and get loose ones to pose

i also get cheaper versions to pose also b/c its the effect of the display. extra articulation at a joint dont mean squat if i'm just gonna pose the fig standing upright

that's alot of $$$ and twice as much space though to be honest..

i can't bring myself to keep them in the box, they just look better posed in a group
the only one i've kept in its box is the dc direct tdk joker figure

Heyre made to be opened and played with. By Played with i of course mean displayed lol

I was the same way for a whike.....well half and.half....but it felt a lot bette rnce i just cracked open all of.my dcdirect kingdom come figures out of.their packaging. And they took up way less space and in my opinion looked so much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"