Neill Blomkamp's Alien film - Part 1

Yeah I actually just saw alien covenant and I loved it! Great stuff! Proper hard sci fi.

If they wanted to make a sequel I don’t mind if they put in more fassbender kisses. I can even volunteer for that if they need someone

What the hell does Halloween have to do with this though? Capitalizing on the older-female lead thing? Ehh, 60-something Ripley would fly with the public anyway, you don't need Halloween for that, good as it's supposed to be.

This movie's never happening though.

I don’t understand how you can’t see the similarity in resurrecting a franchise. Not just older female lead in iconic role, but following the franchise’s best and ignoring its lesser sequels. Of course the success of Halloween is being looked at for past franchises. It shows that the success of a Halloween movie is not just on Michael Myers but the original Laurie Strode as well. Just as the Alien franchise is not just successful because of the Xenomorph but Ripley as well.

I actually think the franchise has come back from worse (Resurrection, AvP). People might bite if Weaver's back.
It definitely can make a come back. It just can't make it any time soon. And The Predator is a good example of how they might well screw it up if they did. With Shane Black you would think it would have been better. Instead it was a disappointment.

Actually looking at Shane Black's work more points to him not being a great choice.

He was involved in the original movie though which was good.

What the hell does Halloween have to do with this though? Capitalizing on the older-female lead thing? Ehh, 60-something Ripley would fly with the public anyway, you don't need Halloween for that, good as it's supposed to be.

This movie's never happening though.

It’s pretty darn clear.

I’d be interested. If Blomkamp had a good script which is usually his weak spot, his visual aesthetic and gritty tech would work well in the Alien universe.

Guys, Halloween isn't going to have any bearing on whether we get an older-Ripley movie. They could have brought Sigourney back two or three years ago and people would be all over that in excitement anyway, the Curtis thing (while cool) was just sort of right-place-right-time. If Halloween never came out, it wouldn't diminish that.

You seriously think they're not going to make a big deal of Sarah Connor being back in Terminator? Halloween coming out the year before or no, that was going to be a big event thing to get people excited. It'd be the same with Ripley. The identity-policking is laughable, it's not even some "yay older wimminz representation!" thing at all, people just love the characters. If that means a 60-something actress getting another appearance in their iconic role, awesome.

Would be nice to see Blomkamp's take but even a call from Cameron might not be enough to save it. It will certainly be after Disney takes over so maybe Blomkamp will change his mind seeing as he won't have to deal with Fox exec's anymore.

Guys, Halloween isn't going to have any bearing on whether we get an older-Ripley movie.

I'd say it has more impact than the wishes of the fans and creatives. Execs love cashing in on trends.

It would give time to flesh out the characters, universe and show more of alien's social hierarchy.

It would give time to flesh out the characters, universe and show more of alien's social hierarchy.

At this point, I'm just very cautious about more people trying to do that. Especially after what Fred Dekker and Shane Black did to the Predator.

Honestly, at this point I don’t think we need to know more. I think the first two are simple stories that don’t need hours upon hours of more stories.

If they gave it to people who wouldn't wreck it...

Noah Hawley is the last person to screw something up.

Honestly, the next movie should take a page out of Alien: Isolation's book. Get back to the franchise's roots of claustrophobic horror. Use darkness to play trick's on the viewers mind. Make them think they're seeing things that aren't really there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"