Neo-Geo & MSX to join Wii VC (in Japan)

rashad

Hype Board Junkie
Reaction score
Neo-Geo & MSX to join Wii VC (in Japan)
Posted Feb 23rd 2007 12:58PM by James Ransom-Wiley
Filed under: Retro, Nintendo Wii, Online

Neo-Geo and MSX are dusting off their parts and going for some of that virtual pape', joining the swarm of out-of-retirement consoles on Wii; the two will debut this spring in Japan (and likely worldwide shortly thereafter). Nintendo has already confirmed Eggy (Eggerland?) and Aleste (both 800 Wii Points) for MSX, but has yet to list any Neo-Geo titles. Additionally, more third parties want in on the Virtual Console enterprise, including G-Mode, Pony Canyon, Spike and (obviously) SNK.

Both new VC formats have the to potential to bring notable franchises to the download service, including Neo-Geo's Fatal Fury, Metal Slug, King Of Fighters, and Samurai Showdown; and MSX's Bomberman, Castlevania, Contra, Dragon Quest, Elite, Final Fantasy, Gradius, Metal Gear, Puyo Puyo, and Wizardry.

http://www.navig8.to/?http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/23/neo-geo-and-msx-to-join-wii-vc-in-japan/

This is great news. I can't wait until it comes to the US. (Hopefully...Well it should damnit! :woot: lol)

Hopefully they put up Garou: Mark of the Wolves and it gets a lot of support which would lead to a long awaited sequel.

Although I enjoy the Virtual Console I wonder if it will ruin the chances of getting more compilation titles in the future. Capcom and SEGA have released compilations of old games for cheap prices. I could get the SEGA Genesis collection for PS2 for $15 which has at least 3 games that are now on the Virtual Console and would cost me $24 to download. If the Virtual Console is a huge success then the publishers won't see the need to bundle a bunch of games together at a cheap price.

Man, I hope Arcade games make it into the mix at some point too. Lord knows I need a good version of Street Fighter Alpha 3. Or Marvel vs. Capcom sexiness.

^Yeah Arcade games would be great too. Find a way to make it work Nintendo! :hyper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"