Netflix developing One Piece Anime Remake

I need that "But why?" gif pronto.

Because the original series is over a thousand episodes. Running non stop since 1999. It is a massive, massive, massive undertaking to go through. And still years to go. Who the **** knows how long Oda will take to finish the final arc. I mean, Bleach's was cut short abruptly, and it was still a good couple years of the manga. And the anime will have to trail that.

So, rather wait probably 5 years, at best, to restart it, might as well start giving it the DBZ Kai treatment now.

Count me surprised. I knew this would happen eventually but I thought it was at least a decade away.

But as someone who stopped watching the anime for due to the terrible pacing I very much welcome this.

This definitely sounds like One Piece Kai. Then again, if they cut out the filler to streamline things, they're potentially cutting out some really funny episodes.

Because the original series is over a thousand episodes. Running non stop since 1999. It is a massive, massive, massive undertaking to go through. And still years to go. Who the **** knows how long Oda will take to finish the final arc. I mean, Bleach's was cut short abruptly, and it was still a good couple years of the manga. And the anime will have to trail that.

So, rather wait probably 5 years, at best, to restart it, might as well start giving it the DBZ Kai treatment now.
So why not just trim out all the excessive fat from the existing anime and make it a more managable watch?

So why not just trim out all the excessive fat from the existing anime and make it a more managable watch?

Probably because that is a much tougher job than you would think. Its more than just filler episodes. Its editing various episodes whose pacing was stretched out in order to use the manga material as much as possible before doing some filler. And I don't think they want to repackage 20 year old animation as new. And lets be honest here, with the pace this show has kept for 20 years, there is some bad animation in there. All the weekly anime suffered from it. And its clear, with them giving the new show to Studio WIT, they want some damn good animation for their new audiences.

Makes sense to make a more condensed version for new fans who are curious but don’t want to watch a million episodes. I’m keen to see what happens

It is the same situation with the Shaman King remake and the recent Rurouni Kenshin anime remake as well...

So now we will have 2 on-going OP anime adaptations simultaneously...one is the current on going arc from the manga still made by Toei Animation and the other is this Wit Studio's for Netflix. Interesting.

The question is will the seiyuu (voice actors/actress) the same as the old series or will they change them with brand new names like they did with RuroKen remake (and also with "the First Slam Dunk")?
I can almost predict the uproar if they ever have the gut to replace Tanaka Mayumi-shi as Luffy's voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"