Powerpuff Girls goes anime

tecnowraith

Sidekick
Reaction score
From anime news network
Plans for a Powerpuff Girls anime were announced at the Tokyo Animation Fair. A joint venture between Toei Animation, Aniplex, and Cartoon Network, the new project will be tentatively titled "Dema****aa! Powerpuff Girls Z."

taf33.jpg

taf32.jpg

Dema what? Damn that must be a hardcore anime. :o

The show as is would work great as an anime, looks like they're gonna be making a few changes. Ah well, its not like I care much about the Powerpuff Girls anymore anyways.

Jesus christ, why don't they just **** all over Craig McCraken's creation?

First, the model search, which went against everything Craig created it for, and now this crap.

tecnowraith said:
From anime news network
Plans for a Powerpuff Girls anime were announced at the Tokyo Animation Fair. A joint venture between Toei Animation, Aniplex, and Cartoon Network, the new project will be tentatively titled "Dema****aa! Powerpuff Girls Z."

taf33.jpg

taf32.jpg

Thoe designs look pretty decent.

The whole show is so anime inspired as it is, this just makes sense to me. The designs are actually very good, in my opinion. The cute kid factor is still there, But it'll be interesting to something that's a little more fleshed out visually.

Phoney Bone said:

First, the model search, which went against everything Craig created it for, and now this crap.

Oh stop whining you bleeding cry baby, Powerpuff girls was an anime parody to begin with:rolleyes:

buttercup used to be the fittest, they butchered her...

:(

although, i'm glad she got a thor like hammer...

I just realized who's the character designer is. Its the same guy who did Astroboy, Cyborg 009 and Metropolis.

tecnowraith said:
I just realized who's the character designer is. Its the same guy who did Astroboy.

No wonder the art was so familiar to me.

God, I'm so sick of hearing about anime...

Well atleast they look more human. But is that guy with the black wierd hair suppose to be the professor.

Phoney Bone said:

Oh please it's not like it's freaking :rolleyes: Michaelangelo, it's damn Flash animation based show, and sorry, these versions are pretty damned cool.

. . . could be interesting . . . when do we get it in America?

Looks 100 times better than the american version, though I hate the whole senshi plot in the story. I liked their original abilities better than anothe Sailormoon rip off. But atleast they have fingers and toes now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Js1WZNei4g

Looks kinda cool...I'm saying PPG looks kinda cool...*cries*

i like the designs, innocent bright colourful, good for little girls to watch

Not liken' it,MoJo looks ok, everything else. :down

Earthsea Gets UK Release
While licensing problems are in the way of a North American release of Gedo Senki, UK DVD releaser Optimum will release an English subtitled, region 2 DVD for the UK market in the summer of 2007. Thanks Stephen.

I found this on the website in the first post.
Is this the Earthsea cycle? the one by Le Guin? If so, I need to find more info on it NOW!
edit-Found some http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_from_Earthsea_(film)
OMG!!! Studio Ghibli!!! *faints*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"