• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Jessica Jones Netflix MCU Plot Hole?

Shikamaru

Superhero
Reaction score
So I just got done with episode 10 of Luke Cage where [BLACKOUT]Jessica killing Kilgrave[/BLACKOUT] was referenced. This is the second time Jessica was mentioned in the superhuman camp. First time was in Daredevil, where she was mentioned in the "weirdos" camp.

Maybe I missed something, but how does the public know Jessica has powers? She hasn't done *anything* publicly to give that impression. As far as they know she's just an ordinary PI with a bad attitude.

She snapped someone's neck. Am I wrong in remembering other people with Killgrave in that scene under his control?

She had quite a few witnesses with the Killgrave incident. I imagine some of them talked.

That's not an indication she has powers. There's non-powered people who can snap necks.

That's not an indication she has powers. There's non-powered people who can snap necks.

They're generally not skinny 120 lbs girls, they probably don't do it after first choke-lifting someone one-handed, and they don't do it standing.

Also, while Jessica doesn't wear a costume or give interviews about being a superhuman, she doesn't exactly *hide* her powers, either. After the ending of s1, I imagine its public knowledge that she's a super powered private detective, hence the ringing phone.

They're generally not skinny 120 lbs girls, they probably don't do it after first choke-lifting someone one-handed, and they don't do it standing.

It's not hard to do if someone let's their guard down. I still don't buy it; it should've been made more clear.

It's not hard to do if someone let's their guard down. I still don't buy it; it should've been made more clear.

Have you tried lifting someone by the neck with one arm and snapping it with the other? You would need a little more than human strength to do that, and no someone letting their guard down doesn't make them lighter

She lifted someone's car while delivering them a subpoena, and word got around after that as demonstrated by the woman who tried to kill her. So people were already onto her before she snapped Kilgrave's neck.

She lifted someone's car while delivering them a subpoena, and word got around after that as demonstrated by the woman who tried to kill her. So people were already onto her before she snapped Kilgrave's neck.

Fair point. I didn't take that in account.

In Daredevil she's just mentioned as a vigilante, not a powered person per se.

She gets him, she sets precedent against these other vigilantes popping up. One in our office is already under serious scrutiny. Lady by the name of Jessica Jones.

The one in Luke Cage could also be interpreted as either Kilgrave being the powered one, or Jessica claiming he was as an excuse and getting away with it is a way in which the world changed.

Any way, as others have said, Jessica hasn't exactly been hiding her powers either.

My bigger issue is no mention of Hulk/Abomination fight in Harlem in Luke Cage.

Not a plot hole but saying "The incident" makes sense in hushed tones by those who acknowledge it happened but would rather not dwell in it in or government circles but doesn't feel right to be said by a guy selling bootlegs on the street where "battle for new york" feels more appropriate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"