Umbrella Academy Netflix Orders 'Umbrella Academy' Adaptation

D0CPH9gWoAUaWpY.jpg

OK here is my attempt with a few minor tweaks editing Gabriel Bá's comic version (with absolute reverence for the artist) into more resembling the cast of the Netflix series versions (also added No.6 Ben!):
D0CJs3RWsAUogqx.jpg

Last edited:
Haven’t finished yet but I’m loving this. Only complaint so far is Mary J Blige is just saying lines no real acting.

One thing that didn't make sense was Hazel being able to fight Spaceboy. If he could do that it doesn't make sense that he had trouble with Diego and Cha-Cha.
It's makes sense. Even though Luther is strong on the outside, he a softy on the inside, on the other hand, Diego and Cha-Cha are nuts.

It's makes sense. Even though Luther is strong on the outside, he a softy on the inside, on the other hand, Diego and Cha-Cha are nuts.

:huh: Yeah, that doesn't make sense.

I'm talking about Hazel being able to get into a physical confrontation with Luther. If he can do that when Luther is super strong, then that would imply that he is also super strong. Yet he had trouble fighting Diego and Cha-cha which makes no sense. Being nuts doesn't somehow equal superstrength lol.

Being super strong doesn’t mean you can fight. Luther is not skilled at fighting like Hazel, Cha and Diego.
When he fought Diego in the rain, Luther had trouble with him.
Diego basically won that fight.

Hazel, Cha and Diego are equally skill fighters, Luther is not, he’s too nice. The other three are nuts.

Last edited:
On a somewhat random note, I feel Tom Hopper/Number 1 would make an awesome He-man when/if the shoot the film. Hope they cast him. The guy is a beast.
DzZOYEeXcAET9ec.jpg

latest

Being super strong doesn’t mean you can fight. Luther is not skilled at fighting like Hazel, Cha and Diego.
When he fought Diego in the rain, Luther had trouble with him.
Diego basically won that fight.

Hazel, Cha and Diego are equally skill fighters,Luther is not.

I wasn't talking about fighting skill. Spaceboy has super strengh. He landed punches on Hazel that had little to no effect. Hazel basically went toe to toe with him, and even took him out. That gives the impression Hazel has super strength. So yeah it made no sense that if he has super strength he had trouble fighting Diego and Cha-Cha. And when I say Hazel had trouble with Diego I'm talking their final fight, cuz in that first one Diego punched and kicked him and it had no effect, further suggesting super strength on Hazel's part.

I wasn't talking about fighting skill. Spaceboy has super strengh. He landed punches on Hazel that had little to no effect. Hazel basically went toe to toe with him, and even took him out. That gives the impression Hazel has super strength. So yeah it made no sense that if he has super strength he had trouble fighting Diego and Cha-Cha. And when I say Hazel had trouble with Diego I'm talking their final fight, cuz in that first one Diego punched and kicked him and it had no effect, further suggesting super strength on Hazel's part.
I can't remember, was he hitting them in the helmets? The helmet are pretty strong. I think the simple answer is, he holds back, trying not to kill anyone. But as usual, its just superhero logic. It doesn't make sense when it comes to super speed or strength most of the time.

I don’t know if Hazel has super strength or not. But remember Diego also kicked Luther’s butt. Super strength means nothing when you don’t know how to punch your opponent. The strongest boxer don’t win, the more skill boxer will always win. It’s not about strength, it’s about talent.
Strength doesn’t mean the punches will land hard. Luther is big and seems very slow, which means he throws a soft punch.

Last edited:
On a somewhat random note, I feel Tom Hopper/Number 1 would make an awesome He-man when/if the shoot the film. Hope they cast him. The guy is a beast.
DzZOYEeXcAET9ec.jpg

latest

Damn I knew the guy was pretty big, but seeing that pic I have to agree with you eon001. Either him or Hemsworth would be perfect for the role IMO.

^Hemsworth would be an uninspired choice.

Just finished the season and wow this was a blast! Definitely the best “Dark Phoenix Saga” we’ll ever get. I don’t even see the MCU adapting that story when they get the x-men back.

UA is a great series, I’ve already watched the whole season 1 three times, I hope there will be a season 2.
What makes UA so good is the focus on the characters, not their abilities.

Damn I knew the guy was pretty big, but seeing that pic I have to agree with you eon001. Either him or Hemsworth would be perfect for the role IMO.
He was pretty freaking jacked in that pic. At first glance I thought he was wearing his prosthetic body suit.

UA is a great series, I’ve already watched the whole season 1 three times, I hope there will be a season 2.
What makes UA so good is the focus on the characters, not their abilities.

I really enjoyed the UA comic and this adaptation was great. Definitely worth the watch - great fun characters who are also terribly human and screwed up.

Really hope there's a season 2 !

My favorite characters
1 Cha-Cha
2 Number 5
3 Hazel
4 Klause
5 Diego
6 Reginald
7 Ben
8 Vanya
9 Grace
10 Allison
11Luther
12 Eudora
13 Agnes
14 Pogo
15 Leonard

Favorite couple
1 Hazel and Agnes
2 Klause and Dave
3 Luther and Allison
4 Diego and Eudora
5 Vanya and Leonard
6 Allison and Patrick

I would’ve really liked Cha-Cha if she were played by someone else. MJB just doesn’t have the chops yet to pull her off.

My question is -and I apologize in advance for I am not a fan of the series, whatsoever-: why the heck does Vanya turns white? Given the obvious and old misconception of "white is good" and "black is bad".

I get that she is not BAD, per se, but she's driven by negative emotions -at least on those last episodes, that much is clear- and she was absolutely entitled to those feelings, tho'.

All in all, I enjoyed the show! Ellen Page (Vanya) along with Aidan Gallagher (Number 5) really killed it. The suffering in Ellen's face is absolutely mesmerizing.

What this series has shown, it’s not what’s on the outside, it’s what’s on the inside that counts.

Enjoying this so far, still very early on.

Two episodes in and really digging it! Love all the main characters. Also, if Matt Reeves is looking to include Robin in his series of Batman films, he should definitely consider Aiden Gallagher (The Boy). That kid is rad.

His performance made me think “this kid is Damian Wayne”. He even looks like what I imagine Talia and Bruce’s child would look like LOL.

Finished this series last night. Thought it was a little slow to kick off and some (though not all) of the performances weren't quite there, but overall I enjoyed it and the finale was great in terms of tension and spectacle. Notable performances IMO came from Colm Feore, Aidan Gallagher and Robert Sheehan. I wasn't blown away by Ellen Page unlike some, I thought she came across as quite mopey for much of the series which made it hard to feel as sympathetic as I should have towards her character.

I was particularly glad to see Sheehan getting his teeth into a role like this, he's not an unknown by any means but I initially saw him on a few shows here in Ireland years ago when he wasn't as well known and even then he stood out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"