Netflix problem on XBL

Matt Mortem

Karloff is King
Reaction score
Ok so normally I can watch Netflix films fine on my xbox and it worked just swell for awhile. Recently, however, I've been having problems with it. The movie will play for about 30 seconds and then stop and tell me my internet connection has slowed and it needs to adjust playback. The resulting quality is that of a youtube video. This is a problem for me. I've adjusted my internet connection in every conceivable way and it hasn't fixed. My internet connection is very very quick, I hardly ever experience lag when I'm playing a game online, but Netflix just won't work properly. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it???

I watched all of season one and two of 30 Rock and never experienced this. Then starting watching other stuff and got this problem just like you.

What I did to fix this is simply let the film start and then pause it for a moment. I guess it's buffering? I don't really know, all I know is that it works and I never get the problem anymore.

So yeah, just pause it for a while, let it build. If that makes any sense.

I've never experienced this with any regularity like you guys, just a few times here and there. But according to my friends, it happened for just about every episode of The Office on their 360. No idea why.

Iv been watching the Office lately and have had no problems. Every now and then itll do what you mentioned but when it picks back up, the quality doesnt drop.

I had this happen once or twice, nothing major.

I watched all of season one and two of 30 Rock and never experienced this. Then starting watching other stuff and got this problem just like you.

What I did to fix this is simply let the film start and then pause it for a moment. I guess it's buffering? I don't really know, all I know is that it works and I never get the problem anymore.

I'll try that, seems like it'd make the most sense

Mine does the same thing, just about every time I watch a movie using netflix on the xbox. But I don't think the quality is too bad for most of the movies I've watched. But the loading deal has been happening more lately.

So far this has worked. Thanks. I never thought of it, but it certainly is helping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"