• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Netflix Vs. Blockbuster (New Terms & Rates)

cheungcheung

Sidekick
Reaction score
Blockbuster Changes Total Access Terms after $35.3 million 2nd quarter loss:

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6463383.html?nid=2705

Blockbuster is now limiting the number of in-store exchanges a customer can make before being charged more.

BOOOOO. what's the point of Blockbuster Total Access then? I kinda knew this was gonna happen, i just didnt think it would be this soon.

Netflix Reports First Subscriber Quarterly Loss:

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6462299.html?nid=2705

To combat Blockbuster Total Access, they are doing price cuts and improving customer service.

---

What do you guys use? I have Blockbuster but i think i'm going to cancel now.

When i had Netflix, i thought it was way too slow so i cancelled that...

I go to blockbuster cause it's literally a five minute walk from my house, I just go there rent a bunch of movies and return them a week and a half past their due date without being charged. It works for me. :o

Blockbuster, it's like 1 mile away from my house.

Blockbusters use to give crappy service and charge terribly high late fees before Netflix came along.

Netflix has just about every movie and tv show imaginable. The movies come quick and the service is excellent. I hope they win this battle.

Currently:

Netflix: 6.74 million subscribers (down 55,000 from first quarter)

Blockbuster: 3.6 million subscribers

It will be interesting to see if Blockbuster subscribers go down now that they have limited their in-store exchange policy.

Netflix has just about every movie and tv show imaginable. The movies come quick and the service is excellent.
This is true:up: I had to cancel my netflix because there service was too damn good!!!:mad: It was ****ing up with my school work so...

blockbuster is getting thier asses handed to them. awesome.

i don't think that's true. they have a pretty big subscription base for Total Access which is relatively new compared to Netflix.

however, their 'hook' was the free in-store exchanges (which Netflix does not have) and it was marketed heavily this way.

by limiting the in-store exchanges, we'll see how this plays out.

I use Netflix, I love how they don't charge you for missing movies when you mail it back to them,and I get the movies when I order them either the next day or the day after and I can watch them when ever I feel like.I alos like how you can rate movies on netflix as apposed to blockbusters,they don't have a "oscar section" or and "AFI Section" that's as neat as netflix's,I can go thought them all on pone page,not flip through 10 pages.

There's a blockbuster about a hundred feet from my apartment, so I've gone with them.

I don't use either... I don't rent movies enough to use it.

I'm giving my input of the topic on the thread... there's nothing wrong with that...

if I had to go with one though, it would be Blockbuster

Blockbuster only because of the in store rental deal, but I usually do more than five a month so we'll see if I stay with them.

netflix, had it for years now, before it was much slower because they found out people were just ripping the movies and sending them back next day. so they slowed it down, got sued by someone, and now they are back to next day shipping basically. so i see where you are saying it used to be slow, but now it isnt so much, and they have a lot more warehouses than blockbuster.

^^^ Thats what I used to do:D

Netflix users, have any of you used the download a movie option yet? Howzat work for you?

For the two years I had Netflix, they were awasome. BB just seems lame.

I've been with Netflix for 7 years and they have always been great to me. I have a Blockbuster five minutes from my house and they never have older movies, the selection sucks and the people that work there are friggin' brain dead.

blockbuster is effing horrible! their selection is atrocious. i went there once looking for psycho, and not only did they not have it but the woman working there had never heard of the movie or alfred hitchcock. i went home that day and signed up for netflix, that was many many years ago.

i still dig netflix, it's served my every purpose. and theres a handful of movies that you can watch instantly online now. i enjoy that a lot. i just hope the selection of those movies gets bigger. but i know that has a lot to do with copyright issues, so....

I don't care for Netflix, parents have it, but I still find myself going to 1st Run Video AND Blockbuster every so often. I just like doing stuff in person. Also netflix sometimes takes forever to ship to you.

Netflix users, have any of you used the download a movie option yet? Howzat work for you?

You mean the watch instant option on there? Only used that watch for Stallone's Eye See You (aka D-Tox) Nice movie.

They deserve it

Blockbuster won't let you rent a game without a credit card.
But you can rent movies without one.

WTF !?
Thats cause the video games are like 60 dollars or more, while the movies are a lot cheaper.
Cause they know some idiots are gonna rent the game and not return.

And i'm not calling you a idiot so don't get offended.

I go to blockbuster cause it's literally a five minute walk from my house, I just go there rent a bunch of movies and return them a week and a half past their due date without being charged. It works for me. :o

Man I was such a fool back then, with Netflix's instant watch I can get almost any movie I want instantly without waisting any gas on driving. There mail service is also fast and reliable, leaving me with no complaints and there no late fee policy is better than Blockbuster because Netflix doesn't call me up at random hours threatening me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"