Netflix's 13 REASONS WHY

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
[YT]3zeeVE6-aZ4[/YT]
The series follows teenager Clay Jensen (Dylan Minnette) as he returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker (newcomer Katherine Langford) —his classmate and crush—who tragically committed suicide two weeks earlier. On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Will Clay be one of them? If he listens, he’ll find out how he made the list. Kate Walsh, Brian D’Arcy James, Derek Luke, Brandon Flynn, Justin Prentice, Alisha Boe, Christian Navarro and Tommy Dorfman also star.

13 Reasons Why is directed by Oscar Winner Tom McCarthy (Spotlight), Written by Tony and Pulitzer Prize Winner Brian Yorkey (Next to Normal), and executive produced by Selena Gomez, Joy Gorman, Michael Sugar, Steve Golin and Brian Yorkey from Anonymous Content, Kristel Laiblin and Mandy Teefey. The series is produced for Netflix by Paramount Television.

Official Trailer

Heard good things about the book, just never got around to reading it.

Dylan Minnette was really promising in Don't Breathe. I'll probably give this a watch. I just hope it's not too....teen-y? lol

Anybody else watch this? It was definitely a tough binge, matter of fact I had to get up and go do other things a few times. The actors are good, the show while good is definitely not perfect, the season could've been shorter and even with that ending this doesn't need another season. Need to go watch some comedy now.

Last edited:
I binged it this weekend and loved it! After having read the books years ago I was impressed with how they translated the material. Though, I think they should have wrapped everything up and not dragged it.

Binged it on Saturday and loved it. Everyone was great. It took me through the motions.

And I love it that 2 of the cast members are dating
C8WzhddVoAEZuxZ.jpg

It was a tough binge because of the subject matter but I thought it was good. I felt like it needed a more moments of levity, felt a lot like Leftovers season 1 in that regard.

Clay's mother is driving me insane. I'm on episode three. Liking it so far!

Clay has the worlds most understanding parents. I don't think most people's parent would be as ok with all the stuff Clay does.

I found Clay really annoying with his outbursts midway through the season.

Unhelpful Yoda!

One thing is confusing me a little after finishing this series. Is Tyler planning on shooting up his school? What's with the guns and the photos?

Also side note, I read that Selena Gomez was originally going to play Hannah when this was going to be turned into a movie. SO glad that didn't happen. She never would've captured the depth required.

Last edited:
One thing is confusing me a little after finishing this series. Is Tyler planning on shooting up his school? What's with the guns and the photos?

Also side note, I read that Selena Gomez was originally going to play Hannah when this was going to be turned into a movie. SO glad that didn't happen. She never would've captured the depth required.

My theory is that Tyler shot Alex, At the end of series he takes down his photo. Like he got him already, at least that's what I took from it.

This was a really great well done series. Both the leads were phenomenal. Gomez made the right decision in not starring. This could become a great pseudo-anthology.

My theory is that Tyler shot Alex, At the end of series he takes down his photo. Like he got him already, at least that's what I took from it.

But why would he shoot Alex of all people? He was the only one that semi stood up for him later on.

Alex tried to commit suicide. As for Tyler the popular theory is that he's collecting the guns to shoot up the school. In the books Hannah has no proof as she doesnt even see if it's Tyler outside her window but because he has a camera she assumes it's him and thus blames him and ends up getting him bullied. In the show she sees it's him, request everyone throw rocks at his window, and then clay sends that mass text of his butt to everyone at the school. He's angry, bullied, and sick of being ignored so it seems that a mass shooting is what he's planning.

Last edited:

I don't think he did. I think he took the photo down because he decided to not shoot Alex.

The only person I felt sympathy for is Mr. Porter

All those crazy ass kids and he caught in the middle of it.

And screw Clay Jenson I would have told him to get the hell out my office with that crap he pulled

Dylan Minnette was great in this show. He looks like he's going to go places and I think in a few years we'll see him do and lead a Marvel/DC/Superhero movie or some sort of big genre thing like a TV show one day.

Let's cast him in something!

I definitely don't think Tyler shot Alex. The last time they showed Alex, the camera focused on his closet. I was expecting him to try to hang himself.

I did not feel bad for Mr. Porter, what a crappy counselor. :funny:

I definitely don't think Tyler shot Alex. The last time they showed Alex, the camera focused on his closet. I was expecting him to try to hang himself.

I did not feel bad for Mr. Porter, what a crappy counselor. :funny:

Yeah because counselors are supposed to be able to read kid's minds huh? :whatever:

You can't save someone who doesn't want to be save. She already made up her mind, she went to him with the sole purpose of recording a conversation to finish off her F'd up tapes.

Yeah because counselors are supposed to be able to read kid's minds huh? :whatever:

You can't save someone who doesn't want to be save. She already made up her mind, she went to him with the sole purpose of recording a conversation to finish off her F'd up tapes.

What made him a crappy counselor wasn't his inability to read minds, but the fact that he didn't listen and almost always went on the defense. "Oh you want to go to NYU, well that's pretty unrealistic you should apply for state schools." He could've phrased that as "Work hard, keep your GPA to xx. As a back up plan, I would also apply for other colleges just in case but don't let that discourage you.." Tone is everything and when you're talking to teenagers about college you should at least be hopeful about it along with them.

He made too many rookie mistakes that they teach you not to do when you go to college for sociology. He could've gotten Hannah to talk about her rape if he had actually been more understanding and made an effort out of it. He didn't.

Dylan Minnette was great in this show. He looks like he's going to go places and I think in a few years we'll see him do and lead a Marvel/DC/Superhero movie or some sort of big genre thing like a TV show one day.

Let's cast him in something!

Dylan Minnette played blizzard on Marvel's agent's of shield

He should be getting a lot of publicity from this and Don't Breathe this year. I think he'll do some great things.

Dylan Minnette played blizzard on Marvel's agent's of shield

Ah I remember now. Well I'm sure WB can find something for him if they get their s**t together. Connor Kent or one of the Robins is a good fit for him. Heck, give him Nightwing. I'd watch that.

If they ever reboot Animorphs, he should play Jake.

What made him a crappy counselor wasn't his inability to read minds, but the fact that he didn't listen and almost always went on the defense. "Oh you want to go to NYU, well that's pretty unrealistic you should apply for state schools." He could've phrased that as "Work hard, keep your GPA to xx. As a back up plan, I would also apply for other colleges just in case but don't let that discourage you.." Tone is everything and when you're talking to teenagers about college you should at least be hopeful about it along with them.

He made too many rookie mistakes that they teach you not to do when you go to college for sociology. He could've gotten Hannah to talk about her rape if he had actually been more understanding and made an effort out of it. He didn't.
As a suicidal survivor I came to realized you can't save those that don't wan to be saved. You can't help those that don't want to be helped

The guidance counselor wasn't perfect but he was in no way shape or form responsible for the events that led her death. She committed a selfish act and did something heinous to a rape victim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"