Netflix's 13 REASONS WHY

She's still be alive in flashbacks. We'll probably see events from different character's perspectives. I doubt Hannah or Clay will be the main characters of season 2.

The only person I felt sympathy for is Mr. Porter

All those crazy ass kids and he caught in the middle of it.

And screw Clay Jenson I would have told him to get the hell out my office with that crap he pulled
Why don't you feel sympathy for the rape victims? Or do you blame them for it happening to them?
as someone who is dealing with mental health and was bullied at school
i have to say this show hit pretty hard
Yeah I bingewatched it this weekend and I'm not gonna lie, I felt pretty damn triggered. The show has been haunting me ever since I finished it, like a horror movie would.
I'm victim blaming her because she victim blamed a rape victim
manny.png
agree to disagree

If she really wanted to be save why go there with a mic to record him. What's the agenda? She already made up her mind.

what would you have done different? Have better intuition to read her mind? Let me guess you would have ran after her?

If people wanna act like Hannah didn't make wrong decisions then I don't know what to tell you.

Who does that to a rape victim tho? How messed is it to find you been raped on a suicide tape and it's part of the reason why she killed herself. How twisted is that?

It's ****ed up man. Hannah was ****ed up

I hope Jessica doesn't do anything regrettable
Hannah was fxcked up for sure. Literally all of the characters "broke bad" and she was guilty too. But she was one of the two who died and she left messages for it. Also, I don't think she was blaming Jessica herself for getting raped, she was blaming obviously the rapist Bryce, and Justin (that was his 2nd tape). But not Jessica. She did blame Jessica for dumb high school stuff earlier on. Things that perhaps a lot of high schoolers go through, but it just had a more profound effect on Hannah. Everybody is different, perhaps she is more emotional, more sensitive - and she CLEARLY was depressed or had mild personality disorder or bipolar disorder and I think the fxcking worst part of this show is that it does not focus on that at all. They go from the bullying to the violent sexual assault to the killing. There was a lot more psycho problems in between.

Also about the guidance counselor, I wasn't expecting him to be the last tape, I thought the show was going to end with him being the hero standing up for Hannah and uncovering all the truth; and he turns out to be a reason. But I agree with Lady Stoneheart, he wasn't asking the right questions and picking up on the right signs - things that Hannah was saying that were already alarming without saying verbatim "I want to kill kill myself; I am going to kill myself." One can argue that it's almost convenient writing that Mr. Porter was like that though, since, that was the night she did it and I'm assuming the news would break by the next day and...how could Mr. Porter not have a realization then?

But to be fair at the same time, Mr. Porter was willing to hear her out, she up and left expecting him to stop her and I think that was her chemical imbalance getting the better of her and it convinced her to commit evil (take someone's life, her own)

chamber-music also mentioned that the entire time she could have talked to her parents, and yeah could have done that too.
Anybody else watch this? It was definitely a tough binge, matter of fact I had to get up and go do other things a few times. The actors are good, the show while good is definitely not perfect, the season could've been shorter and even with that ending this doesn't need another season. Need to go watch some comedy now.
Yeah I think them going in for a season 2 kinda devalues the original inception for an adaptation.

But at the end of the day, this is all still fictional in fake; at its very core, it is still a tv show. I'm not totally looking forward to all of the story lines; yes we don't even need to talk about Tyler because everybody on the same page knows what's going on with him, but to me the show will always be about Hannah (and I guess Clay) first and foremost. They missed out on talking about depression in this season so if the next season does NOT focus on both mental illness and the reprimanding of Bryce, then it devalues its own inception

Porter at the end of his chat seemed willing to take the journey with Hannah, but he had done the damage by then.

He fluffed the earlier part of Hannah's admission. While I'm not a counsellor, he didn't seem to focus in the moment enough, or focus on Hannah as the person in his care making an admission. While he was right to use caution, he utterly failed in his approach.

It's just one of those things. Porter is obviously still young for his profession. I'm sure every counsellor has key moments where it alters their career and shapes their approach. Unfortunately Hannah was one such point for Porter.

Porter at the end of his chat seemed willing to take the journey with Hannah, but he had done the damage by then.

He fluffed the earlier part of Hannah's admission. While I'm not a counsellor, he didn't seem to focus in the moment enough, or focus on Hannah as the person in his care making an admission. While he was right to use caution, he utterly failed in his approach.

It's just one of those things. Porter is obviously still young for his profession. I'm sure every counsellor has key moments where it alters their career and shapes their approach. Unfortunately Hannah was one such point for Porter.
Right. While I do think everyone on the tapes should feel guilt, remorse, regret, they should not feel responsibility for anything except their own actions. It was Hannah's choice to commit evil and while everyone inadvertently influenced that upon her.

At the very least, if he figured it was best to leave Hannah alone, then he could have/should have called her parents, telling them that she said some goddamn concern things, because she did

Evil? Woah now. A young girl clearly not in a good place making a tragic decision in her illness....is not what I would describe as evil.

But you're right about Porter, at the very least he should have contacted her parents. I don't think it would have any been any breach of his profession to do so but again I'm open to correction as a layman. As I said however, ultimately it was a case that he failed as a counsellor. A tough and shicking learning curve but one I'm sure he'll be better for.

Evil? Woah now. A young girl clearly not in a good place making a tragic decision in her illness....is not what I would describe as evil.

But you're right about Porter, at the very least he should have contacted her parents. I don't think it would have any been any breach of his profession to do so but again I'm open to correction as a layman. As I said however, ultimately it was a case that he failed as a counsellor. A tough and shicking learning curve but one I'm sure he'll be better for.
I definitely think suicide is an act of evil. That's what makes it wrong on all levels. You're taking a life. It's your own life, but you are ending it.

Yeah I was thinking about too, if like, it's out of his jurisdiction to call her parents about something concerning she said. However, I think it depends on the severity of her words.

I can say this: if you are a patient of a therapist, confidentiality is of course the therapist's utmost priority, however, if you do say something to them that throws them off/sounds scary to them, they do have the right to then ask "Are you thinking of hurting yourself?" and even get the police involved.

The show did not portray Hannah as having mental health issues. It portrayed her as being perfectly mentally healthy, and that she was at least partially justified in taking her life, and her friends should have been nicer to her, and so they supposedly learned a lesson. Her not trusting her parents is treated as perfectly normal and healthy, and their confusion unresolvable.

Likewise, the likely school shooter is someone who has had tough time and reacted to their circumstances. Hannah isn't sicker than her peers, she just has more reasons why than any of them do. Mr. Porter focused on the wrong thing in a single conversation, and the show treats that as a reason to commit suicide. But maybe... maybe he can be redeemed, maybe he can learn to do the right thing.

Instead of looking at this from a reasoned adult view, look at this show from the perspective a teenager. The show didn't focus on mental health because it doesn't treat suicide as mental health issue, but it treats peer pressure as a deadly weapon. If anything, focusing on her thought processes instead of what was done to her was Mr. Porter's mistake, according to the show.

The show did not portray Hannah as having mental health issues. It portrayed her as being perfectly mentally healthy, and that she was at least partially justified in taking her life, and her friends should have been nicer to her, and so they supposedly learned a lesson. Her not trusting her parents is treated as perfectly normal and healthy, and their confusion unresolvable.

Likewise, the likely school shooter is someone who has had tough time and reacted to their circumstances. Hannah isn't sicker than her peers, she just has more reasons why than any of them do. Mr. Porter focused on the wrong thing in a single conversation, and the show treats that as a reason to commit suicide. But maybe... maybe he can be redeemed, maybe he can learn to do the right thing.

Instead of looking at this from a reasoned adult view, look at this show from the perspective a teenager. The show didn't focus on mental health because it doesn't treat suicide as mental health issue, but it treats peer pressure as a deadly weapon. If anything, focusing on her thought processes instead of what was done to her was Mr. Porter's mistake, according to the show.
that's the biggest problem of the show though.

Jesus Christ, the episode 11...

Just finished the season. Before, I was weary of the idea of doing a second season, just because I assumed the whole thing would be pretty well closed-ended, but in the end, I'm kind of glad it's not over yet. I think there were a lot of loose threads begging for a greater sense of resolution. The closest thing to a singular Big Bad hasn't had any taste of comeuppance beyond a recording that has yet to go public and his main lackey turning his back on him. One kid may have just ended his own life. Another may or may not take out the whole damn student body. Everyone spent so much of the series thus far trying to keep the tapes from getting out/keep Bryce from finding out about them, that none of the ones still capable of redeeming themselves/doing penance (besides Sherri) have done so. Those who need to heal the most haven't. And then there's Clay. The season was spent getting to the bottom of why Hannah did what she did and Clay really getting in touch with how he felt about her and grieving what happened. Now I feel like he can move into a space of "I hate the things that happened to you and I'm sorry you got pushed to that point, but f*** you for putting ten tapes-worth of guilt into my head just because I'm a part of your 'story'." You know, seeing her as less of a mystery, less as a girl he really liked, and more as someone who, truthfully, did something more f***ed up to him than anything he ever did to her.

I don't know. I just think there are still places to go. Not necessarily as a series aiming for a 5-7 season run, but I think you can get another season or two out of this.

‘13 Reasons Why’: Jake Weber, Brenda Strong, Meredith Monroe & RJ Brown Join Season 2 Cast
Weber will play Barry Walker, father of Bryce (Justin Prentice), a successful hedge fund manager and pillar of the community. Strong will play Nora Walker, Barry’s wife and Bryce’s mother. Monroe will play Carolyn, Alex’s mother, a hardworking nurse and devoted mother. Brown, is Caleb, Tony’s boxing trainer, a fierce competitor and dedicated coach, but out of the ring he has a warm smile and a wry sense of humor.

13 Reasons Why Season 2 Cast Adds Seven, Led by Tony Winner Kelli O'Hara
The buzzy high school drama has added seven cast members ahead of the upcoming Season 2, according to a report from Buzzfeed, all playing new characters who weren’t in the original Jay Asher novel. The cast additions are led by Tony-winning Broadway veteran Kelli O’Hara (Masters of Sex), who’ll play Jackie, an “advocate for victims of bullying.”

The six other cast additions:
* Ben Lawson (Doubt) as Rick, Liberty High’s baseball coach.
* Anne Winters (Tyrant) as new head cheerleader Chloe.
* Bryce Cass (The Night Shift) as mischievous student Cyrus.
* Chelsea Alden (American Horror Story: Roanoke) as Cyrus’ artsy sister Mackenzie.
* Samantha Logan (The Fosters) as track star Nina.
* Allison Miller (Incorporated) as ambitious young lawyer Sonja.

Netflix has already renewed a third season of 13 reasons why supposedly.

Season 3 would have to be a completely new cast, I'd think. These kids were already pushing it passing for high schoolers. I can't see them going another season.

Season 3 would have to be a completely new cast, I'd think. These kids were already pushing it passing for high schoolers. I can't see them going another season.

Ehhh... Ross Butler and the guy who plays Bryce are the only ones who I look at and think "No way".

Otherwise...

Ehhh... Ross Butler and the guy who plays Bryce are the only ones who I look at and think "No way".

Otherwise...

Aside from Hannah I thought they all looked like they could've graduated by now.

I want a trailer, goddammit.

hnnnnngh...

[YT]O92pekaban8[/YT]

[YT]0XuOkYlUWIs[/YT]

Anyone sees season 2 yet? Is it good?

I've only watched the first three episodes and while Ep 3 was the best, I have a lot of issues so far. The dialogue is horribly stilted and they really shoehorned Hannah back into all of this. I can see why they'd want her again but it feels so forced.

I just appreciate they had an 'extra special message' to open the season saying the show is bad for people who are struggling with this stuff.

Enjoying this season. Not as good as Season 1 (too much going on and not enough focus), but it's really intense and it's been that way since Ep.1

Finished last night, and I thought it was awful. It had a few really strong moments but the writing was so forced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"