New Iron Maiden album

• Thread starter LastSunrise1981
  • Start date
L

LastSunrise1981

iron.jpg

I know there has to be some metalheads like myself on the board who love Iron Maiden. Has anyone bought the new album? I've heard great things about it.

I've been planning to go to FYE and purchase it, but my schedule hasn't allowed me to do so yet.

Many have said it's their best album since Seventh Son of A Seventh Son.

Didn't know Maiden released a new album.

Definite must-buy

It was released in the US last tuesday the 5th of Sept., and its true its their finest since Seventh Son of A Seventh Son.
But don't expect to like it on the the first listen its a grower; needs few more listens to fully understand whats going on there with all the tempo changes a 10/10

BTW the cover artwork was done by Tim Bradstreet :D

http://timbradstreet.typepad.com/the_online_world_of_timot/

scroll down for the info posted on July 05, 2006

Looks cool. One of the things people were talking about is that there was no mastering going on there, old school sound.

jimmy rhoads said:
Looks cool. One of the things people were talking about is that there was no mastering going on there, old school sound.

Nah, actually they went for the no mastering because they thought the production was quite good that the album doesn't need to be mastered, beside sometimes the people responsible for mastering albums get too artistic and try to tweak things a bit like reducing bass sound in favour of the guitars and so on, so thats why Steve Harris decided not to master the album and leave it as it is which also gave the album a true live feel to it and very edgy sound as well.

I didn't mean that they did it to sound old school. I'm just saying that when everyone found out about it, it came accross as a little weird.

Either way, It's pretty hard for them to record ANYTHING and not sound like Iron Maiden.

Hi, I'm a long term Maiden fan, I have most of there albums - this one's a real rocker of an album and I really enjoyed it !!

Bruce Dickinson's singing voice is just kind of...bleh...in my opinion. The rest are good musicians but that doesn't save the music for me. I much prefer Judas Priest.

are they gonna cut their hair, wear suitcoats and mascara and start playing sports bar/buffalo wings - music like M'Tallica did?

Damn, I didn't know a new Maiden album was coming out. It wasn't that long ago that they put out Dance of Death, unless I've just seriously lost track of time.

They are definitely a great band. But that aside, they are some ugly mother****ers. :p

I hadn't realized a new album was coming out until a few days ago. Picked it up last night at Border's. While no one song really jumps out at you the way some of their last albums had songs that did, it is all really good as a whole.

bored said:
I hadn't realized a new album was coming out until a few days ago.
Did you hear about the movie they're filming? It's supposed to be like a Metal "Hard Day's Night", with CGI Eddie! :up:

I still haven't bought it. I'll probably buy it tomorrow when I go to the mall in the afternoon.

I'll definitely buy this along with the new Deicide album as well.

Got a chance to purchase this on Sunday. I've listened to it a few times and it is a pretty kick ass album. Edenbeast is spot on that it's a grower, I think I need to give it a few more listens.

Someone put it on while I was working in the shop yesterday. I dug what I heard even with all the idiots "testing" the new mustang by raising the RPMs on the damn engine.

Having listened to it several times since I last posted, I've got to say that "Brighter Than a Thousand Suns" is becoming one of my favorite Maiden songs. It's a great chance for Bruce to flex his muscles as a vocalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"