New Orleans FTW!

chaseter

Esteemed Member
Reaction score
What Hypsters are from New Orleans...or Nuolins as us Texans call it:woot: I will be there in mid May for the International IFT conference for my club. I would love to meet any members...that I like:o

I will be dissing FEMA if that helps...

I might be down there for my birthday in May, still trying to figure it all out.

Oh oops you said folks you like....my bad.

Cool, I'll let you know if I get my **** together. :woot:

Not from New Orleans but I've been there once, we stopped there on our cruise, i really liked it there and hope to go back.

i was about 14-15 when we were walking around i passed an open door to some building i peered inside and saw a lady pole dancing topless, oo what a show.

than my mom slapped me in the back of the head.

it was somewhere close to here cuz these places look familiar.

http://www.radisson.com/rad/images/hotels/LAKENNER/loc3_450.jpg

I'm in the Dallas area, and nobody here (aside from completely uneducated people or Gambit) refer to New Orleans as Nuolins. The only thing I got from NO was an apartment next door full of idiots who decided they wanted to deal drugs. Took me a full month before I moved out after hearing a few gunshots during that time.

And this wasn't even in Oak Cliff......

You're going to your annual sex conference huh? I can probably meet up with you. I"m always over there anyway.

:eek:

I live in Baton Rouge which is about an hour away. I've been to New Orleans more times then I care to think about.

I have family in Baton Rouge and Kenner. I'm there a lot too. :up:

311day.jpg

I had bought tickets to go to the 311-day concert in New Orleans, but because of school I had to sell them :(

They do it every year and their concert hasn't changed in about a decade. :o
Thats because they play all their songs :huh:
Though it would make sense for them to maby share the spotlight and have a few other good bands play too

Thats because they play all their songs :huh:
Though it would make sense for them to maby share the spotlight and have a few other good bands play too

I honestly think the first time I saw 311 I was 16 or 17. I'm now 27. Given, it's been a long time since I've been to one of their shows, but my best friend from high school used to worship them. I must have seen them 7 or 8 times over a 3 or 4 album span and their show was pretty much identical EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I honestly think the first time I saw 311 I was 16 or 17. I'm now 27. Given, it's been a long time since I've been to one of their shows, but my best friend from high school used to worship them. I must have seen them 7 or 8 times over a 3 or 4 album span and their show was pretty much identical EVERY SINGLE TIME.
I've seen them three times, but I would agree that they do play the "greatest hits" way too much, only adding in one or two of their great obscure songs. For the most part, I like seeing them live because they tend to somehow read my mind in terms of touring with my other favorite bands. So far, i've been able to see Matisyahu, Pepper, the Wailers (of Bob Marley fame), and the English Beat. Actually, Matisyahu came out and added verses during a few of 311's songs, so they do change it up every once in a while...

is it still flooded??

i thought they were getting on fixing the levys and pumping out the water a few years back?

is it still flooded??

i thought they were getting on fixing the levys and pumping out the water a few years back?

Of course it isn't still flooded. For the most part New Orleans is back to normal with the exception of some of the poorer areas. I doubt they'll ever recover. :(

they might recover, i saw a special on the science channel (build it bigger) that this company wants to give anyone who lost their homes, new very affordable flood/hurricane proof homes.

there like 3-4 bedroom module homes that are raised up 8-10 feet on posts.

there like built in a factory in new orleans and shipped to people who lost homes.

they might recover, i saw a special on the science channel (build it bigger) that this company wants to give anyone who lost their homes, new very affordable flood/hurricane proof homes.

there like 3-4 bedroom module homes that are raised up 8-10 feet on posts.

there like built in a factory in new orleans and shipped to people who lost homes.

Most of those people are gone, and 8-10 ft. posts won't really solve the problems there. It's basically been poor planning and screw up after screw up on how to fix it. Besides, when your city is that far below sea level, it should be a given that eventually something like that is gonna happen.

Yea that is true, why not just take w.e empty land they have left and level it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"