New TMNT cartoon coming

I've seen a couple of the Ninja Tribunal episodes. They're pretty cool. Far better than the Fast Forward episodes I've seen, and I didn't even think FF was that bad either. I liked Starley and I liked how everything Cody had came from Don and April putting their heads together and starting a company.

Incidentally, Viral was the best villain to come out of the FAST FORWARD episodes I saw. I think I made it through about 7-9 before I lost interest. She had a good design, her episodes were usually decent, and her voice acting was solid.

They showed a Tribunal episode with Nano joining the Justice Force, and despite the fact that being yanked from the subplot of the arc likely left it feeling lighter, it was still better than TMNT: FF stuff. I have high hopes for the Tribunal.

I never liked that silly mech robot that Cody drove around, though.

Things get more specific at the FAQ section of www.ninjaturtles.com:

What's going on with "The Ninja Tribunal" story line?

4Kids TV (in the USA) currently plans to air most or all of the "Ninja Tribunal" episodes from January to May of 2008 (although there are no plans to finish or air episode #110, "Nightmares Recycled").

For the record, "Nightmares Recycled" was never completed because before the animation could be done, the network claimed that the subject matter, which was revealing that Garbage Man and Hun had been conjoined twins, seperated at birth, was too controversial.

All of the rest of the Ninja Tribunal episodes were writted, editted, acted, and animated before 4kids in the states decided to "fluffify" the tone with TMNT: FAST FORWARD and likely subsequent series. Synopsis can be found on the official website above, under TMNT TV.

These episodes have aired overseas and a Region 4 DVD of this "lost season" exists. State-side, 4kids only aired Episode #111, "Membership Drive", with Nano and the Justice Force (and Turtle Titan's redesign). Comcast aired a few episodes, but has stopped.

If the above is indeed true, only a few more weeks to go, folks. Might mean having to check the 4kids website again...:(

I'm excited for this news! I've been waiting, like the rest of U, a long time to see the "Ninja Tribunals" arc. And U know Dread, I didn't like the original Cody Robot (can't remember the actual name), I did like the redesign they did with Serling transforming into the new Battle Bot thing. A nice way for him to watch over Cody and help out at the same time.

BORING!! turtles are past there sell by date the only way to make them hot again is to create a cartoon/film based on the original comics but with all the blood and violence like they did with the spawn cartoon.

i agree shoemaster. ever since anime has been making a rise you can actually see the decline in the animated style(bruce tim,and others) shift all to these ugly anime style(teen titans,the batman and spiderman, looney toons(thanks for f'in up your classic property WB)).

That's not anime. It's more like american studios trying to do it cheap.

Real anime blows away anything we have over here.

i never said it was anime, but they're adapting the style...americanized anime.

the batman has got to be the worst especially the jl team up episodes..the fuged up all the character designs(poor bruce timm)

The Batman's designs are based on Jeff Matsuda's art, which is Japanese-influenced. He's very much an American comic artist, though.

Japanese anime tends to be better than American cartoons because anime is a much bigger business in Japan than animation is in America, meaning Japan can spend more money on better talent to produce them. Here, the only time we get great American animation is when it's really well-funded, as in the case of the Disney animated movies, or when it's shipped from overseas from Japan or Korea or someplace where they'll actually spend money on animation. It's all about money, not any kind of magically greater level of talent in Japan. Foster creativity in a certain field with lots of money and you get better products; simple as that.

Regarding that "Nightmares Recycled" episode, that doesn't sound anywhere near as extreme as the whole Baxter Stockman affair. I don't understand how a guy can be tortured and hacked to pieces until all that's left is a deranged brain, and that's somehow more acceptable than a pair of conjoined twins growing up separately. :confused:

The Batman's designs are based on Jeff Matsuda's art, which is Japanese-influenced. He's very much an American comic artist, though.

Japanese anime tends to be better than American cartoons because anime is a much bigger business in Japan than animation is in America, meaning Japan can spend more money on better talent to produce them. Here, the only time we get great American animation is when it's really well-funded, as in the case of the Disney animated movies, or when it's shipped from overseas from Japan or Korea or someplace where they'll actually spend money on animation. It's all about money, not any kind of magically greater level of talent in Japan. Foster creativity in a certain field with lots of money and you get better products; simple as that.

Regarding that "Nightmares Recycled" episode, that doesn't sound anywhere near as extreme as the whole Baxter Stockman affair. I don't understand how a guy can be tortured and hacked to pieces until all that's left is a deranged brain, and that's somehow more acceptable than a pair of conjoined twins growing up separately. :confused:
Hey, it's 4KidsTV we're talking about here, there stupidity is endless :up:

Agreed, but network censors are screwy people, unable to see forests behind the trees.

A pretty good tribute video for the 2k3 series, although it does have some clips from the Lost Season/Ninja Tribunal (which I know because I have literally seen every episode of the 2k3 series at least twice if not 3-4 times, so I know which clips are "new") is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIX1huDCivU

(The Ninja Tribunal series is available on DVD overseas)

And according to the Technodrome Forums at www.technodrome.com , the schedule is more TMNT: FF reruns this week. The network has no new TMNT: FF to air right now and the next season is the Fall, so they essentially have maybe 5-7 months to air 12 episodes worth of Lost Season (which 3 months worth of material aired straight, which they used to do fairly often until Season 4, when things at the network changed). Ninjaturtles.com claimed "Spring 2008", which could mean March-April, although in 2003 the series debuted in Feb.

please keeep us posted on this dread

I will. Hell, I want to watch these episodes myself. :p

So wait, there's going to be a NEW TMNT toon on the air? We're talking newer than the horrid Fast Forward show that's on the air now? Has the new show been confirmed or is it just speculation for right now?

From what i heard it isnt a new show it is jsut the next season to the 2003 show since the fast forward season didnt work out as well as they hoped.

So wait, there's going to be a NEW TMNT toon on the air? We're talking newer than the horrid Fast Forward show that's on the air now? Has the new show been confirmed or is it just speculation for right now?

In Fall '08, a new TMNT cartoon is expected to debut, another season I believe getting things back to NY after Fast Forward.

In the Spring, which could be anytime from Feb. to May really, 4kids is expected to air the 12 "Lost Season/Ninja Tribunal" episodes, which have already been aired & released overseas.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/ = Check the forums, they have speedier scoops than I sometimes.

From what I understand the new show has the TMNT coming back from the future with them having to track down splinter in cyberspace, because of that virus bad guy from fast forward.

Thanks "Teen Titans" for fake-anime-izing everything!!

:o

The style looks pretty similar to the earlier 2k3 series' style. :confused:

Hey all, looks like this series will be called "TMNT: Back to the Sewer"

And what's more? We get to choose the theme song! :)

Go here to listen to 6 choices (plus 3 joke Mikey themes) and you can vote on which one you'd like to see as the theme.

A couple are kinda crappy, but I really like Theme #5 and I really like Theme #4... it has a sort of Daft Punk sound to it. :)

Wow, some of those are dreadful.

I think number 5 is the only one I even remotely like. And I think is best suited pace to animate the intro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"