Transformers New toys I'm hyped about

Why do they call them classics when they dont look like the originals?

I dunno. But nevertheless they look cool. I seriously think they could've gone with a number of better choices for a name on this line but thats what they settled on. I guess because they're using classic characters more than the fact that they're supposed to resemble their classic look. I dunno. But I like'em. Better than some of the ones they've been pumping out. And I'm really liking the Bumblebee revamp. Best looking Bumblebee IMO. Now, I could've done without the white paint but its a cool little twist. I only have the Optimus (may get the Megatron today or tomorrow) and he's very cool IMO. But like everything these aren't for everybody.

NikeHead said:
Oh and also, the antenna's on prime's head is shorter.

Actually it isnt you have to fold them back when you flip the head into the body when changing to truck mode. The pics of the fig in an out of the box are still in the folded back position ;)

Psionic Force said:
Why do they call them classics when they dont look like the originals?

The point is not to re-release the old stuff, but to do versions of them with the know-how and design possibilities of today while clearly resembling G1 characters. You can take it as a "What if G1 had been created in 2006" line.

Dave McFly said:
Actually it isnt you have to fold them back when you flip the head into the body when changing to truck mode. The pics of the fig in an out of the box are still in the folded back position ;)

Exactly...in the pic if they had flipped them forward they look like they'd be as tall as the Masterpiece/20th Anniversary ones.

Creature SH said:
The point is not to re-release the old stuff, but to do versions of them with the know-how and design possibilities of today while clearly resembling G1 characters. You can take it as a "What if G1 had been created in 2006" line.

There are a few though that look pretty much like their G1 selves. Starscream and Hotrod look pretty much like themselves...great recreations if you ask me. But I'll hold out for my Masterpiece Starscream to arrive in the mail.

Dave McFly said:

ahh icic. Good call. I picked up my Classics Bumblebee today! Woo! It was the only one at a wal-mart near my work. I went there on friday and saw hotrod, bumblebee, astrotrain, and starscream, like a whole stockful of them. But I came back today to get all of them and they were gone :csad: guess they must of accidentally stocked them out on the floor when they werent supposed to. Luckily they left out Bumblebee, it's an awesome figure.

i think they call them classics cuz thier using a retro design to the original g1 characters like stated before. this line even brings megatron back to being a gun which is cool (don't get anymore classic than that), but i think megatron would have been better as a tank so you don't have the wings or some how incorporate the outter design of the gun into megatrons robot mode instead of just using wings as a shell of the gun mode. i really think hasbro is starting to get things straight and back to basics with the recent releases they've had of the toys, with the classics, alternators and the die cast. all these lines kick ass and resemeble a retro version of the original tf line. i really think the classics line is the direction they should have gone with in the movie, make new retro designs of the original characters to make them fit into todays world, instead of the alien look thier going for.

yea goodnews...and im bout ot order soundwave reissue exclusive....any idea where to order the starscream masterpiece

What other Titanium G1 figures are gonna be made aside from that Soundwave?? I gotta have the Soundwave. I actually saw the optimal Optimus this weekend at my Wal-Mart too. Pretty big figure.

I hate my Wal-Mart. No classics figures. Just Cybertron and old Alternators...oh and that DVD OP. I can't believe they didn't use Peter Cullen's voice for the stand.

Yeah, it sucks. The voice sucks. Only thing cool is the "transforming" sound effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"