Transformers Transformers script review

Kurt Wagner said:
Script review??? A lot of it was bs praising of the stuff nothing to do with the script.
Noticed that too huh?

Don't get me wrong, I like the opening Helicopter attack sequence and all, but still.

Man I hate Latino Review's Script Reviews, there so BAD. I didn't get anything out of that review except for "OMG THIS IS AMAZING BLAH BLAH" I mean for most of it he rambles about what a big fan he is and his childhood, and then about how he loves bay, and a lot of times he just addressing the fans he doesn't talk really much about the script at all. And then I just stop reading when he gave summaries of the script, they are so bad at script reviews... Hopefully Stax at IGN gets his hands on a copy of the script. As for the changes, I could give a **** as long as I see robot fight action. Seriously, we have the cartoon so if they want change stuff be my guest as long as it's good and stay true to the theme. Chaning Soundwave to 4 1/2 feet doesn't change the theme so I don't care as long as they make it work.

Huh? Shrinking Soundwave to 4 feet doesn't change the theme?

Soundwave is beast-master of sorts and a cunning Megatron loyalist. Turning him into midget or comic relief DOES change the theme. Why don't they make Frenzy or Rumble the little ones and keep Soundwave 30-feet tall?

blind_fury said:

Soundwave is beast-master of sorts and a cunning Megatron loyalist. Turning him into midget or comic relief DOES change the theme. Why don't they make Frenzy or Rumble the little ones and keep Soundwave 30-feet tall?

It's a change of character but not theme,the theme even if they changed all their names and sizes is still Machines fighting a war on our planet with us stuck in the middle,and the Autobots respect human life and Decepticons don't

hunter rider said:
It's a change of character but not theme,the theme even if they changed all their names and sizes is still Machines fighting a war on our planet with us stuck in the middle,and the Autobots respect human life and Decepticons don't

If that's the case they can easily call the movie "Gobots," or "Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive II", or "Robotron vs. Mechwarrior." Michael Bay making Soundwave 4 feet tall would be like Bryan Singer making Wolverine a 30 foot Amazonian woman.

Sam Raimi and Bryan Singer have shown everyone how you can take "uncanny" and slightly corny (to non-comic fans) source material, *adapt* it, make it cool for the big-screen, and remain truthful and respectful to the source. Michael Bay doesn't seem to have learned any of those lessons.

CFlash said:
If that's the case they can easily call the movie "Gobots," or "Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive II", or "Robotron vs. Mechwarrior." Michael Bay making Soundwave 4 feet tall would be like Bryan Singer making Wolverine a 30 foot Amazonian woman.

Sam Raimi and Bryan Singer have shown everyone how you can take "uncanny" and slightly corny (to non-comic fans) source material, *adapt* it, make it cool for the big-screen, and remain truthful and respectful to the source. Michael Bay doesn't seem to have learned any of those lessons.

How do you know this Soundwave isn't going to be cool onscreen ?

That however was not my point,you're talking about character changes not theme changes,a theme is the concept of the story not those partaking in it and using wolverine was a bad idea given how many fans thought a 6'2 handsome matinee idol was ridiculous for a character who is a grizzled 5'3 runt with a weathered face

blind_fury said:

Because dumb fans say oh nos mass shifting isn't possible bla bla bla. So Bay is going to play it save and listin to the dumb fans.

Didn't bay say that all the names were aliases for all we know that 4ft bot could be frenzy and the helicaptor could be the real soundwave. i guess all we can do is just wait and see.

Ok this is off topic guys and I didn't want to create a new thread for it but could you guys tell me how old Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are?

I don't know why some people had a problem with mass-shifting. It was done in the cartoon and plus this is a Science-Fiction movie about Alien Robots coming to Earth. There's nothing realistic about that premise!

By the way, from the looks of things this appears to be a "Michael Bay" movie instead of a Transformers movie(based on the old cartoons and comics).

If the changes bother some of you so much, then just don't go see the film. Now I don't mean to insult anyone, but come on. In a perfect world, we'd get the perfect transformers movie. But perfection is something very hard to get right. I can see alot of people loving the film, I can see alot of people hating the film. Rightfully so, but so be it.

Me? I'm excited about this film, and I can't wait to see anymore development, let alone the actucal film. I'm not bothered by the fact that changes have/are being made. But that in itself, is just my opinion.

I'll just wait till the teaser or full trailer to pass judgement. Frankly even with this review we may or may not still know that much. So just who the **** knows.

It can still go either way right now IMO

spideymusprime said:
Ok this is off topic guys and I didn't want to create a new thread for it but could you guys tell me how old Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are?

I believe Frank Welker is now 61 years old.
And Peter Cullen is in his 50's now.

Wasn't the short soundwave thing writting out though?

deathshead2 said:
Im really scared cus Bay will more than likely get big name actors to voice Prime and Megs and it will sound horrible I know it.:( But soundwave on air force one sounds cool the blowing up the base sounds also very cool and can't wait to see them get to chose there alt modes. Really hope they get the voice actors from the show if they can't do that then get some people who sound like them. No big name actor Nic cage and tom cruise would be really bad.

Samuel L. Jackson for Prime!!

The thing that strikes me as ironic is that the entire scene involving Vortex and the MH-53 helicopter all would have been appropriate for Soundwave. In addition, they could've used Ravage or Laserbeak in place of Scorponok.

'Scorponok' and 'Vortex' suck as far as a choice for Decepticons used in the opening scene. And man that guy (latinoreview) must love hearing himself talk because only 1/5 of his rant was about the script.:rollseye:

Bumblebee as a camaro...i don't care. Don't really like Bumblebee anyway. I would much rather 'Mirage' be the autobot spy.

The opening scene in the Artic sound cool though...we'll see as the news continues to trinkle in...

toddly6666 said:
I

So if Soundwave is small, so what. He'll still kick ass and especially if they stick to the same voice. If you have Decepticons the size of humans, then that means the robots can actually have hand to hand fights with the humans. Everyone knows that Soundwave was the coolest and smoothest of the Decepticons - he's at the level of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Zartan from GI JOE or Wolverine from X-Men.

If Soundwave IS small then there will be a problem. People that are O.king the size change scenerio with Soundwave, will have a bigger problem when 'a small' Soundwave ejects an equal size or minute sized Ravage, and or Rumble. They can't be their cartoon sizes because that's human size and some are saying that it's cool if Soundwave himself is that size. So are you same people saying that Ravage should be the actual size of a panther? If that's the case, he certainly won't fit inside of Soundwave's chest in cassette form if Soundwave is human size, now will he...:confused:

WalkingDead said:
The Movie Reporter has also got a copy and reviewed the script...here is the LINK:

http://www.iesb.net/dreamworks2006/052106.php

Megatron doesn't appear until 3rd Act, outside some Flashback. And Megs Alt. Mode is:
Cybertronian Jet...NO TANK or GUN or CANNON...

First thing Ive heard on this movie that i don't like the sound of:(

I think all the talk about Megatron being a Cybetronian Jet is false-partially. A Cybetronian Jet is not an 'earth disguise'. That's the reason they transform into earth-like mechanism. A Cybertonian jet would stand out like a sore thumb. I can see him however being a Cybetronian Jet before he comes to earth.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"