Age of Extinction GI Joe vs. Transformers: The Movie

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
How awesome would it be if after they're done with the Transformers trilogy, they made a GI Joe vs. Transformers movie? Even if it was just a direct-to-video / TV animated movie like GI Joe: Resolute it'd be sweet, but imagine if they actually did like what Marvel is doing with the Avengers, and actually had the two film franchises cross over? It'd have to take place 10 years or so after the Transfrormers trilogy since GI Joe: Rise of Cobra takes place in 2019, but if it's a self-contained story I don't really see a problem since I'm assuming that Transformers 3 will act as a book end for the current TF movieverse.

The big thing that has my head swimming though, is the possibilities for the toy line that would inevitably tie in with the release. Rather than having seperate GI Joe and Transformers lines like they're doing this year with Revenge of the Fallen and Rise of Cobra, Hasbro could combine them into one crazy line that's got it all! The current TF toys are already sweet, but imagine getting big GI Joe-scale versions of them!? They're already experimenting with TF figures that can hold a human passenger, so the next step would be to do it in GI Joe scale.

They could even borrow from DDP's GI Joe vs. Transformers series and give the GI Joes 25-foot tall mech suits to ride around in so they can go one-on-one with some decepticons. There'd probably be team up packs too, like Optimus Prime with Duke, Megatron with Cobra Commander, etc. There's just so much crazy awesome crap that they could do that even if the movie sucked, there'd be some amazing toys coming out of it.

Hopefully the movie wouldn't suck, though. GI Joe and Transformers have successfully crossed over plenty of times in the world of comics, so hopefully with the right wrighters and a big enough budget, they could make it work on the silver screen, too. Anyone else think that it could be a worthwhile endeavor, let alone one that Paramount and Hasbro might actually consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"