Sequels next trilogy...

perdev145

Civilian
Reaction score
so...one thing i noticed about many people's ideas for a new trilogy is that they want to see sooo much in sooo little time. covering a story of apocolypse or sinister in one movie, then moving on to the next major villian jst doesn't seem right. magneto is just, in the third film, being portrayed as the super power that he is. you could never show the extent of apocolypse's powers, or sinister for that matter, in one film and move on to the next.

now, onto what i would like to see happen...the underlying theme of the trilogy would be a "family ties" type thing

x-men line-up; Storm (innactive team leader like charles, she's got a school to run and we've seen her go all out now, so she's completed her main story run) Beast (active team leader, most experienced, obvious choice) Iceman, Angel, Cannonball (has everyone forgot about the Guthries?! a look into their family would ROCK! plus seeing the sfx would be cool) Rogue (please god let her absorb someone's powers, like juggernaut, so we can finally see her kick some ass) Polaris...

antagonists; Emma Frost (works for gov't, reason they are able to locate mutants) Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver (sought out Mags only to find him depowered, try and help his cause...at first) Alex Summers/Havok (Bring the summers blood back, more assertive, no as whiney as cyclops)

appearances/floaters; Gambit (we HAVE to see him...and we want the gambit rogue thing goin, know he's kind of a rebel without a cause) Psylocke (she's got her own thing going...she doesn't fully agree with x-men, but helps) Banshee (show him with a small team on muir island...make the mutant/x-men thing feel bigger than it does currently

x4: emma and co. vs. x-men
polaris shows up at x-men's doorstep...they notice the similar power characteristics of magneto and offer her a place to stay...with a somewhat alterior motive of keeping her hidden from magneto. scarlet witch and quicksilver pop on the scene...wanda finds her daddy and tells she and her brother spill the life story to long lost pops. he sees their potential and starts his scheming again (this is more of a backstory, prepping for the next installments). gambit shows up at the school as typical badass...school life doesn't suit him, so he eventually packs it up and heads out, not before stirring something up in rogue tho. emma frost emerges as a leader of a gov't sanctioned "hellfire club"....since cure was too controversial, gov't wants to control mutants, so they attempt to place emma as head of xavier's...her brotherhood (avalanche, blob, havok). magneto shows up at school (without kids) to chastise storm for allowing gov't to oversee the school (not what charles would have wanted)...at this time, mags gets flustered and notices he can control metal, to an extent once again (due to polaris's presence, it happened in the comics) he leaves without saying anything about it. big fight between emma's kids and the x-men. polaris and havok go at it...havok almost knocks her out (but can't...love connection!)...but beast recognizes havok as scotts brother, convinces him to stop fighting. emma controls iceman's mind, he loses it a little bit, rogue knocks her out of it. cannonball and avalance go at it. movie ends with storms rejection of gov't control over school. family ties seen in intro of wanda and pietro...and havok dealing with living in his brother's shadow or not...

x5: "house of m" vs. x-men
magneto realizes similarity between his and polaris's powers (no family connection tho, too much background, but the power connection is definitely something that will connect them) he influences her by making her believe that she has gained a new control over her power (even tho it is actually him controlling her powers) she leaves x-men (set up leads to house of m vs x-men) enter psylocke (love interest for angel), paige guthrie(husk) and havok now on x-men side. since rejection of gov't conrol of school, gov't comissions sentinels. strain on bobby and rogue cuz rogue likes gambit, they've kept in touch. havok darts away from school to attempt to "save" polaris...x-men follow after. they run into mags...think mags has his powers back, battle ensues...gambit turns up once again...helps x-men (because of rogue). sentinels pick up on battle and attack...husk and polaris killed...mags looses control over polaris's powers...cannonball and havok, enraged, take out some sentinels. quicksilver and scarlet witch see that mags was only using them as pawns to better himself and leave him by himself (they don't join x-men tho). havok, distraught, leaves team. cannonball (the opposite of havoks reaction) finds resolve in his sisters death, continues to fight for his cause.

x6: scarlet witch, quicksilver, emma frost, havok vs. x-men
so, emma's back, no longer gov't sanctioned but still pissed at x-men. emma, wanda, pietro, and alex unite against x-men (emma - revenge, wanda/pietro - principle, they agree with mags superiority thing, alex - polaris's death) cat fight between emma and psylocke...diamond form vs. psi blades, and mind battle (cover physical and mental) havok takes down angel...gambit and pietro fight, wanda inadvertently knocks out pietro and looses control, takes out bobby...pylocke hits her with psi blade and turns her into veggie. gambit and havok go at it, beast on sidelines using *scott wouldn't do this pitch again, but alex doesn't buy into it again...havok emerges as main antagonist. rogue, gambit, beast, psylocke is whats left of x-men. emma still around, storm makes an appearance and the two chicks go at it. psylocke gets into havoks head, uses his memories of scott against him and he breaks down.

family ties that are covered;
sam and paige...strong relationship that endures even after one is gone
parent child (mags and kids)...using your long lost kids to better yourself will only hurt the relationship...but kids can pick up some of your stubbornness whether you were around to raise them or not
alex....living in the shadow of big brother...first tries to follow in footsteps...tries to get from behind his image...takes the opposite road his brother did in attempt to create his own identity, even if that means people got hurt

ok, so this is ridiculously long, and kudos to you if you made it through. lol
i sorta dropped the prof. x living thing, but whatever. if he sticks around, i'd like to see an onslaught type story...where he picked up the evil that was in phoenix, instead of magneto, but whatever.

oh yea...and with each different trilogy (if there ends up being others, go with a different name if still using the core x-men team...ie Uncanny X-men...Astonishing X-men) something cool would be seeing emma chilling out and she and banshee starting generation x over in the states...finally using jubilee ans seeing chamber. Excalibur would be cool too, the muir island side of things...covering the possible xavier/proteus story thread...seeing nightcrawler back in action. Using different x-titles would open up marvel for putting out more than one every three years...while astonishing could have an ongoing story, cover different mutants and problems over in generation x, that sort of thing. that's my two cents (and then some!)

oh yea...casting! lol...just for fun, as far as my version goes...assuming all he returning cast members stay the same...
Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch:Neve Campbell
Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver: Ryan Phillipe
Emma Frost/White Queen: Chalize Theron (professional look for gov't work, kicked ass in Aeon Flux)
Alex Summers/Havok: Mark Paul Gosselaar (only one who can pull off hat crazy blode hair...we saw it in save by the bell...lol)
Lorna Dane/Polaris: Bethany Joie Lenz (she could pull of green hair!)
Sam Guthrie/Cannonball: Justin Hartley (aquaman)

I'm down on sequels if it's going to be without Jean... :(

grey_jeanie said:
I'm down on sequels if it's going to be without Jean... :(
Me too they brought her back once they can do it again!! as magneto says she is a goddess not a mortqal thus she is IMMORTAL!

phoenix_force said:
Me too they brought her back once they can do it again!! as magneto says she is a goddess not a mortqal thus she is IMMORTAL!

I think one time was enough to kill her but noooo, they have to do it again.

Oh well you and me can direct and produce a younger x-men trilogy with a younger Jean :p

perdev145 said:
so...one thing i noticed about many people's ideas for a new trilogy is that they want to see sooo much in sooo little time. covering a story of apocolypse or sinister in one movie, then moving on to the next major villian jst doesn't seem right. magneto is just, in the third film, being portrayed as the super power that he is. you could never show the extent of apocolypse's powers, or sinister for that matter, in one film and move on to the next.

now, onto what i would like to see happen...the underlying theme of the trilogy would be a "family ties" type thing

x-men line-up; Storm (innactive team leader like charles, she's got a school to run and we've seen her go all out now, so she's completed her main story run) Beast (active team leader, most experienced, obvious choice) Iceman, Angel, Cannonball (has everyone forgot about the Guthries?! a look into their family would ROCK! plus seeing the sfx would be cool) Rogue (please god let her absorb someone's powers, like juggernaut, so we can finally see her kick some ass) Polaris...

antagonists; Emma Frost (works for gov't, reason they are able to locate mutants) Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver (sought out Mags only to find him depowered, try and help his cause...at first) Alex Summers/Havok (Bring the summers blood back, more assertive, no as whiney as cyclops)

appearances/floaters; Gambit (we HAVE to see him...and we want the gambit rogue thing goin, know he's kind of a rebel without a cause) Psylocke (she's got her own thing going...she doesn't fully agree with x-men, but helps) Banshee (show him with a small team on muir island...make the mutant/x-men thing feel bigger than it does currently

x4: emma and co. vs. x-men
polaris shows up at x-men's doorstep...they notice the similar power characteristics of magneto and offer her a place to stay...with a somewhat alterior motive of keeping her hidden from magneto. scarlet witch and quicksilver pop on the scene...wanda finds her daddy and tells she and her brother spill the life story to long lost pops. he sees their potential and starts his scheming again (this is more of a backstory, prepping for the next installments). gambit shows up at the school as typical badass...school life doesn't suit him, so he eventually packs it up and heads out, not before stirring something up in rogue tho. emma frost emerges as a leader of a gov't sanctioned "hellfire club"....since cure was too controversial, gov't wants to control mutants, so they attempt to place emma as head of xavier's...her brotherhood (avalanche, blob, havok). magneto shows up at school (without kids) to chastise storm for allowing gov't to oversee the school (not what charles would have wanted)...at this time, mags gets flustered and notices he can control metal, to an extent once again (due to polaris's presence, it happened in the comics) he leaves without saying anything about it. big fight between emma's kids and the x-men. polaris and havok go at it...havok almost knocks her out (but can't...love connection!)...but beast recognizes havok as scotts brother, convinces him to stop fighting. emma controls iceman's mind, he loses it a little bit, rogue knocks her out of it. cannonball and avalance go at it. movie ends with storms rejection of gov't control over school. family ties seen in intro of wanda and pietro...and havok dealing with living in his brother's shadow or not...

x5: "house of m" vs. x-men
magneto realizes similarity between his and polaris's powers (no family connection tho, too much background, but the power connection is definitely something that will connect them) he influences her by making her believe that she has gained a new control over her power (even tho it is actually him controlling her powers) she leaves x-men (set up leads to house of m vs x-men) enter psylocke (love interest for angel), paige guthrie(husk) and havok now on x-men side. since rejection of gov't conrol of school, gov't comissions sentinels. strain on bobby and rogue cuz rogue likes gambit, they've kept in touch. havok darts away from school to attempt to "save" polaris...x-men follow after. they run into mags...think mags has his powers back, battle ensues...gambit turns up once again...helps x-men (because of rogue). sentinels pick up on battle and attack...husk and polaris killed...mags looses control over polaris's powers...cannonball and havok, enraged, take out some sentinels. quicksilver and scarlet witch see that mags was only using them as pawns to better himself and leave him by himself (they don't join x-men tho). havok, distraught, leaves team. cannonball (the opposite of havoks reaction) finds resolve in his sisters death, continues to fight for his cause.

x6: scarlet witch, quicksilver, emma frost, havok vs. x-men
so, emma's back, no longer gov't sanctioned but still pissed at x-men. emma, wanda, pietro, and alex unite against x-men (emma - revenge, wanda/pietro - principle, they agree with mags superiority thing, alex - polaris's death) cat fight between emma and psylocke...diamond form vs. psi blades, and mind battle (cover physical and mental) havok takes down angel...gambit and pietro fight, wanda inadvertently knocks out pietro and looses control, takes out bobby...pylocke hits her with psi blade and turns her into veggie. gambit and havok go at it, beast on sidelines using *scott wouldn't do this pitch again, but alex doesn't buy into it again...havok emerges as main antagonist. rogue, gambit, beast, psylocke is whats left of x-men. emma still around, storm makes an appearance and the two chicks go at it. psylocke gets into havoks head, uses his memories of scott against him and he breaks down.

family ties that are covered;
sam and paige...strong relationship that endures even after one is gone
parent child (mags and kids)...using your long lost kids to better yourself will only hurt the relationship...but kids can pick up some of your stubbornness whether you were around to raise them or not
alex....living in the shadow of big brother...first tries to follow in footsteps...tries to get from behind his image...takes the opposite road his brother did in attempt to create his own identity, even if that means people got hurt

ok, so this is ridiculously long, and kudos to you if you made it through. lol
i sorta dropped the prof. x living thing, but whatever. if he sticks around, i'd like to see an onslaught type story...where he picked up the evil that was in phoenix, instead of magneto, but whatever.

oh yea...and with each different trilogy (if there ends up being others, go with a different name if still using the core x-men team...ie Uncanny X-men...Astonishing X-men) something cool would be seeing emma chilling out and she and banshee starting generation x over in the states...finally using jubilee ans seeing chamber. Excalibur would be cool too, the muir island side of things...covering the possible xavier/proteus story thread...seeing nightcrawler back in action. Using different x-titles would open up marvel for putting out more than one every three years...while astonishing could have an ongoing story, cover different mutants and problems over in generation x, that sort of thing. that's my two cents (and then some!)

I agree with you about the Sinister and Apocalypse thing. It kinda seems to me like that'll never happen.

CrypticOne said:
I agree with you about the Sinister and Apocalypse thing. It kinda seems to me like that'll never happen.

yea...both those characters backgrounds are HUGE if they were to be done any justice...plus their looks and powers are a little too out there...sinister would come off too much like the t3000 in terminator 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"