NHL thread: Lord Stanley’s Puck

I can't understand how Calgary keeps throwing over 45+ shots on net while allowing less than 20 +/- yet keep losing these games 2-1..

My Anaheim ducks lost by a score of 6-1, but I honestly believe we are tanking for Connor Bedard, and I hope we get him!

My Anaheim ducks lost by a score of 6-1, but I honestly believe we are tanking for Connor Bedard, and I hope we get him!
The Habs are like bottom 5-6? And we also have Florida's first-round pick so we might have a chance on getting Bedard too. Plus, we're the second team with the hardest second-half of season in the calendar so we may even tank harder and get to bottom 3.

Damn shame it was a poor draft last year...

The Habs are like bottom 5-6? And we also have Florida's first-round pick so we might have a chance on getting Bedard too. Plus, we're the second team with the hardest second-half of season in the calendar so we may even tank harder and get to bottom 3.

Damn shame it was a poor draft last year...

I could see everyone wanting him! But Anaheim selected the 10th overall pick, and Montreal selected the 1st in the last draft. If they win the lottery again so soon would raise some eyebrows! The Florida Panthers could wind up with a winning record. They are 18-18 -4. Matthew Tkachuk is a terrific player! I could see Montreal getting excellent picks or assets from trades from other teams. The Anaheim Ducks, Chicago Blackhawks, and the sneaky San Jose sharks have a great chance of getting a world-class talent who'd fit in very well with Trevor Zegras, Mason McTavish, and Troy Terry! We'd have three lines of production overnight!

I can't understand how Calgary keeps throwing over 45+ shots on net while allowing less than 20 +/- yet keep losing these games 2-1..

They're really missing Johnny Hockey and MT. They just don't have the same killer instincts offensively without them. Doesn't help that Marky has also been the equivalent of wet tissue paper in net.

Most likely the Bruins are going to exceed 62 wins, and they have a great chance to win the Stanley Cup.
I was amazed my Blackhawks outplayed the Bruins since they defeated the Goliath Bruins 6-3. While my rebuilding Blackhawks will not make the Playoffs they still have a realistic chance to win more than 25 games. They defeated the Bruins 6-3 is a feel-great win in an unsuccessful season since the Blackhawks are going to finish with a losing record.

Also, I noticed that the Dallas Stars with the new green color do have the same exact colors as Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and Green Lanterns which are White, Black, and green.

I'm amazed the Kings bulldozed the Flames 8-2. The Kings are a great team that realistically could defeat the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Record alert: Washington Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin has 7 games left to score 8 or more goals. If he does, he will hold the all time NHL record for most 50 goal seasons (10).

Its a challenge, but OV seems to love those...

Last edited:
I see the terrible Sharks are highly prospering late in the NHL season.

It'' be a huge disappointment for Bruins fans if the Bruins don't win the Stanley Cup because they are an elite team.

Good time to post a classic from my favorite Game 7...

As a Caps fan, I've seen what happened to the Bruins its seems like 1000 times: kick a**in the regular season, then get ousted in the first round by some Wild Card scrub.

HA! Now you know how it feels, Boston! :D

Bs, Avs, and Wild all killed... woof.

Excited to see what Oilers and Leafs get up to, don't want Vegas or Hurricans to continue on.

Torn by the Kraken, F- Dallas. Yet, I don't like any of the newer franchises.

GO RANGERS tonight!

Gonna get a champion this year that hasn't won it in awhile or never at all.

Panthers - Never
Maple Leafs - 1967
Hurricanes - 2006
Kraken - Never
Stars - 1999
Golden Knights - Never
Oilers - 1990
Devils - 2003
Rangers - 1994

Gonna get a champion this year that hasn't won it in awhile or never at all.

Panthers - Never
Maple Leafs - 1967
Hurricanes - 2006
Kraken - Never
Stars - 1999
Golden Knights - Never
Oilers - 1990
Devils - 2003
Rangers - 1994

Devils have won it plenty of times. No tears shed for them.

Oilers have won it a ton too, but decades ago. McDavid lifting the Cup would be a nice story.

Leafs are cursed. They aren't winning anything.

And I don't want to see expansion scrubs like Carolina, Florida, the Kraken and the Golden Knights putting their grubby little fingers on the Stanley Cup. Original NHL teams only.

So, the NHL playoffs have been nothing but entertaining. Each game in this round has gone to OT. That's frelling crazy.......but fun.

Most likely the Bruins are going to exceed 62 wins, and they have a great chance to win the Stanley Cup.
I was amazed my Blackhawks outplayed the Bruins since they defeated the Goliath Bruins 6-3. While my rebuilding Blackhawks will not make the Playoffs they still have a realistic chance to win more than 25 games. They defeated the Bruins 6-3 is a feel-great win in an unsuccessful season since the Blackhawks are going to finish with a losing record.

Also, I noticed that the Dallas Stars with the new green color do have the same exact colors as Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and Green Lanterns which are White, Black, and green.

I'm amazed the Kings bulldozed the Flames 8-2. The Kings are a great team that realistically could defeat the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals.

What's that? ;)

This is only the 7th time since 1926 that neither club in the Finals had not won the Cup prior.

The Knights are the sexy choice, but there just hasn’t been any stopping of Tkachuk or Bob at goalie.

I hope whoever marries GR87, realizes what a lucky lady she will be :awesome:

The Knights just looked like the consistently better team out there. The 2 goals the Panthers scored were kind of flukey. I don't have a pony in this show, but that's how I saw it. It's only 1 game and we'll see if that pattern holds going forward.

I think I've figured out a sure fire gambling scheme.There's a way to pick who is going to lose that never seems to fail.

Last edited:
Yeah.....Vegas is just completely outplaying the Panthers. Florida looks like they are trying to stay in it by just playing a rough and tumble game, but they don't seem to have the firepower to stay with the GKs; who are playing really, really well right now. They seem like they're getting to every loose puck and passing really well. The Panthers will have their shot on their home ice, but I just can't see them winning this series.

Well, I guess Miami's goose is cooked in both the NBA and NHL. Good run by both teams though. While the Panthers played much better at home than on the road, they just look like the inferior team. On the road, the GN's seem to have this tendency to play a really solid game, and then let up at the end. If not for that, this series would be over. There is some really bad blood developing and Vegas can't afford to go there. IMO, the Panthers are a flat out dirty team and getting on their level isn't what's going to win them this series.

Can't say I didn't see this coming. The GNs just outplayed the Panthers and basically made them look like an AHL team. Vegas is so much more skilled than FL, it's pathetic. The Panthers only chance was to get Vegas off their game by cheap shotting them and it didn't happen.

I'm not sure how I feel seeing a division rival in Vegas win a cup with guys who used to play on my favorite hockey team. The Los Angeles Kings! It's depressing to get eliminated back-to-back years by the Oilers in the first round. And an expansion team six years in the league wins a cup with guys from our championship runs.

I'm not sure how I feel seeing a division rival in Vegas win a cup with guys who used to play on my favorite hockey team. The Los Angeles Kings! It's depressing to get eliminated back-to-back years by the Oilers in the first round. And an expansion team six years in the league wins a cup with guys from our championship runs.

Yeah....I said I didn't really have any skin in the finals, but I really don't like the Panthers' game much. Being a Cali guy, I didn't pay much attention to hockey until a friend of mine from back east that I worked with at UC Santa Cruz got season tickets for the San Jose Sharks in their first season (played at the San Francisco Cow Palace). He told me he couldn't make a game and asked me if I wanted a couple of tickets. I say "yeah sure".

Come to find out, he had 1st row seats at the blue line. So, I figure the best thing to do is buy the biggest beers possible for me and my buddy (mission accomplished). As I'm walking to my seat (two beers in hand), some dude gets absolutely face planted in the glass about a foot away from me and I probably lose about 10 bucks worth of beer. Best 10 bucks I ever spent, but I don't think the people I was walking past got the joke.

I never got too, too much into hockey until I got married to someone from Eastern Mass. She played hockey at U of Vermont and had season tickets to the Bruins (too bad too sad LOL).

Given my experience, I think the Sharks will always be my favorite team, but I really do like the Kings. Man, 2012 was crazy. They were playing SO well, they practically could have beaten God. It was one of those things where they got on a roll like I've rarely seen. The Uber cool thing was I had my home theater system set up with a 120 inch screen and a HD projector with surround sound (and a refrigerator....beer). I think they were an 8 seed, but just kicked the crap out of everyone.

Bottom line is that the Panthers were completely outskilled and looked as lost as a 4 week old puppy when momma went outside to pee.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"