2010 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeman

Avenger
Reaction score
As your champion of the 2009-10 NFL playoffs pick'em, I have the honor of starting this great thread up. Yay! :woot:

The playing field is back to level...Yes Lions fans... you guys as well...

32 Teams

One Goal: To be in Dallas, Texas...February 6, 2011

To Play For This:
dal_e_sblogo_288v.jpg

Let the discussion begin.

Anyways, first question, whose going to lift this beauty up next season?

SB49402080321.jpg

P.S. Lets go Jets! :oldrazz:
My superbowl pick for next season :o

Last edited:
I'm hoping we get an AFC Champion that isn't the Colts, Steelers or Patriots.

I said I liked the Patriots to get back on top this year, but I see no reason why the Colts won't make it back to the Super Bowl.

If there's no salary cap, Jerry Jones will go absolutely bonkers to get the most talent and win a Super Bowl, in Dallas, before a possible lockout the next year.

I'm going to put the NFL on the shelf for a bit. Get into some NCAA Basketball!, keep an eye on NBA :whatever:. Try to get through Valentines day w/out spending to much...

Don't know how free agency will shake out, but right now...as a bitter-broken fan. I'm hoping for a rematch. 2009 was really a good season.

Let's go COLTS:dry:

If there's no salary cap, Jerry Jones will go absolutely bonkers to get the most talent and win a Super Bowl, in Dallas, before a possible lockout the next year.

Too bad because of it being an uncapped year that most the best free agents are restricted, and Dallas can only sign the # of free agents they lost in free agency.

Here we go Brownies, here we go!

The Browns have seemed active already. Hopefully they finish moves for one of the 2 Eagles QBs, and PLEASE land Julius Peppers!

The Browns have seemed active already. Hopefully they finish moves for one of the 2 Eagles QBs, and PLEASE land Julius Peppers!

I can't imagine Vick playing in the dog pound.

I can't imagine Vick playing in the dog pound.

That would be ironic.

I know they want Kolb. But, I think Philly would be more willing to deal McNabb than Kolb, and at that, they'd be more likely to deal McNabb to someone like the Vikes or Cards cause the Browns won't give up their high pick to get McNabb (while if Favre doesn't come back, the Vikes might, and the Cards can't rely on Leinart).

I'm picking my Steelers (of course) to go to the playoffs, and possibly further. While I'm not going to try and call Super Bowl teams yet, I do believe they'll reclaim their place at the top of the AFC North. I think they have the talent to do it; hopefully they can establish a solid running game to compliment Ben's abilities, and they can fix the problems on defense.

Also in the AFC, I expect the Jets and Texans to be contenders, as well as the usual staples like the Chargers, Colts and Pats.

On the NFC side, I figure Arizona will take a dive. San Fran will make the playoffs. Maybe Chicago too, if they can figure out how to use Cutler more effectively.

I expect the Saints to make the playoffs again, as well as the Packer and Cowboys. I think that the NFC title game will be between New Orleans and Green Bay. I'd be happy with either of them making it to the Super Bowl. I have a feeling the Eagles will struggle, though. This season didn't end well for them and there are a lot of questions now as to what will happen at the QB position.

And then there's the Vikes. With Favre, they make the playoffs and are a serious Super Bowl contender. Without him, they might still make the post season, but won't get far.

Other predictions... the Ravens will be mediocre as the defense continues to age and Flacco continues to show that he's not quite the "elite" QB they wanted him to be. Chris Johnson's status as The Next Barry Sanders will become more evident as he sets a rushing record while his team goes 8-8. The Bengals will reclaim their Bungle status. Detroit will win a good number of games, but fall short of the post season.

And JaMarcus Russell will throw for 1 TD and 19 interceptions before they bench him after the FOURTH game.

Last edited:

There's going to be a bunch of teams looking at Julius Peppers. The Browns are one of them, but Peppers wants to play for an elite team from what I heard. Another rumor I heard is the Panthers placing the franchise tag on him again and working out a trade with another team.

Here are a list of teams that have already come up.

Cleveland Browns
New York Jets (Trade)
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
Denver Broncos
New York Giants

There's going to be a bunch of teams looking at Julius Peppers. The Browns are one of them, but Peppers wants to play for an elite team from what I heard. Another rumor I heard is the Panthers placing the franchise tag on him again and working out a trade with another team.

Here are a list of teams that have already come up.

Cleveland Browns
New York Jets (Trade)
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
Denver Broncos
New York Giants

This is true, but I do think the Browns landing him is possible solely cause of Holmgren. I wouldn't say they're the favorites to get him, but I think they might be the dark horse of that list.

I have the feeling the Pats might land him. Call it a hunch.

I predict my Bucs will improve by winning 2 more games over this year.

My picks for the Superbowl....Vikings vs. Jets. That is if Favre comes back.

For the teams that I support (Raiders & Jets), I think it'll be yet another ho-hum year for Raiders, since the root of their problem is Al Davis and as long he's the owner and making all the decisions, the Raiders will continue their position as the bottom-feeder of NFL.

For the Jets, I believe they will make the playoff again, but whether they can wrestle the AFC East crown away from Pats or not depends on whether Sanchez makes a huge improvement in the off-season to address his mistakes, as well as study the playbook and improve his accuracy and game management. The Jets have terrific defense and running offensive, but they will only go far if Sanchez has what it takes to bring them there.

Evil, the Favre jokes are getting kind of old (as is Favre), but it's been relatively quiet on that front....speculation will always be there, but Brett hasn't said anything to anyone about it

In the spirit of fandom and friendship, we all ought to adopt Excel's practice of telling our team's QB to "Throw it to (name)!"

I'm kinda taking it easy on the Favre jokes until he opens his mouth.

However, the JaMarcus Russell jokes will keep coming until he closes his mouth. :hehe:

Speaking of Tubby, my brother says he saw him during Super Bowl week somewhere ...wait for it... eating. :awesome:

Concerning the hometown Dolphins, I'd love to say 'Just throw it to ____". However, it would require having someone actually worth throwing to.

Dear Tuna,

Please get a flippin' receiver. Seriously. Huge. Quickly.

:heart:
J

JaTubby should host Man Vs. Food when Adam dies (he's going to eventually)

My sf 49ers will win the west...this I command

My sf 49ers will win the west...this I command

With a Warner-less Cards team in their division, along with Seahawks & Rams (which are in various state of disarray), 49ers have no excuse not to take the NFC West crown this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"