Nightwing to be in Season 5.

They were some allusions, but it wasn't a spinoff. What flashbacks did they use?

Pete flash backs to the symbiote crashing on the bridge. I think there were others, but i can't remember them off hand.

really? hmm, well it was still just an easy way of bridging both series' without being a spinoff. Why bother reintroducing characters when the old origins worked fine

really? hmm, well it was still just an easy way of bridging both series' without being a spinoff. Why bother reintroducing characters when the old origins worked fine

If you're purposely linking both series, then it's either a spin off or a sequel.
They intentionally kept the same characters with the same origins. Even the art style was very similar, in the vein that gotham knights was very similar to bats tas.

If you're purposely linking both series, then it's either a spin off or a sequel.
They intentionally kept the same characters with the same origins. Even the art style was very similar, in the vein that gotham knights was very similar to bats tas.

In that vein, they're completely different.:huh:

X-Men:Evolution played a version of the previous X-Men series theme in one of it's early episodes as well. Venom and Carnage looked completely different, had different powers, and it was never explained how they returned or if they were even gone at all, as they were shown to have jumped into some portal in TAS. They used the some of the same ideas, cause it was easy.

In that vein, they're completely different.:huh:

X-Men:Evolution played a version of the previous X-Men series theme in one of it's early episodes as well. Venom and Carnage looked completely different, had different powers, and it was never explained how they returned or if they were even gone at all, as they were shown to have jumped into some portal in TAS. They used the some of the same ideas, cause it was easy.

What evolution did was a throwback or an homage. With venom and carnage in spiderman unlimited, when they first showed up with different powers, Peter said "Whoa, they were never able to do -that- before!"

X-Men evolution built new stories and characterizations. They didn't carry on from previously developed characters.

Spider-Man the animated series got a spin off called Spider-Man: Unlimited. It was really bad, but it followed canon established by the show.

No it didn't. Mary Jane was married to Peter with no explanation as to how she returned (She was transported with the Green Goblin, and in the final episode Madam Web was going to help him find her, but there was no mention of this in the first episode, or any, of Spider-man: Unlimited). Secondly, the art direction was completely different, the voice talent changed (Rino Romano voiced Spider-man) and the symboites were no longer actual symbiotes: ie, they didn't need a host (Cassidy or Brock) to be alive.

The show's animation was cool, the premise was alright, but it wasn't near the quality of Spider-man: The Animated Series. But seriously, if a show is making money on toys, merchandise and overall ratings and advertising, why boot it off after 52 episodes? Why not keep it going until, um, it doesn't make money?

-R

Because it can still make money when its in syndication, and it wont cost money to produce.

alright, with respect to dick's age and the evolution of nightwing...

in artifacts, he said he'd been nightwing for about ten years now....

now all one has to do is find out the date that bat's last battle with mr freeze was supposed to be at, deduct ten years from it and see whether this five year jump idea they have is actually legit based on dick's esitmated age now.

he looks like he is 10 on the show....

And he is. Dick was 9 when his parents died (other sources says 10 sometimes) So, yeah, he is around that age in the show. The one who is around 16 is Barbara. There is about 6 years of difference between them in the comics too.

I think he is supposed to be somewhere between 10 and 12 right now.

wait he's in Middle School according to yesterday's episode. So... 12-16

He mentions four episodes will include non-league members such as robin and batgirl with no mention of nightwing or a 5 year later skip in the storyline.....meaning it sounds as if a nightwing appearance isn't going to happen.

there was an article somewhere where it said a certain actor would be coming back to and redo their work on nightwing this season, so i know there will be another future esque ep...

however i am not aware of this whole five year jump thing and where people have gotten that from.

wait he's in Middle School according to yesterday's episode. So... 12-16

Is it scary that my 8th grade year (last year of middle school, supposed to be 13-14) there was a kid that would drive to school everyday, and everyone thought he was so cool because he had a car, yet they failed to realize that he was a 16 (turned 17 before the school year was over) in 8th grade?

Is it scary that my 8th grade year (last year of middle school, supposed to be 13-14) there was a kid that would drive to school everyday, and everyone thought he was so cool because he had a car, yet they failed to realize that he was a 16 (turned 17 before the school year was over) in 8th grade?
wooow, how many times would he have had to fail? lol :wow: 3?

something like that. his 'excuse' was that he was from washington, and in washington they started school two years later, and he failed his 3rd grade.

Or some kind of bull**** like that.

Kids WB is turning into 4kids TV I heard...so they might want to get rid of WB related shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"