Switch Nintendo's next generational console

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
So it looks like the Switch pro in 4K is a dub. What's more likely is Nintendo's successor console being in the works. A claimed industry insider posted a video (hour long) about things he's heard about it, I'll post the video and a few points about it below

• The console will output 4K via DLSS
  • Publishers and developers have been working on software since 2020
  • It may not be backwards compatible with Switch
  • It will release either late 2022 or early 2023

I wait patiently for the people who've been pushing the Switch Pro for the past 4-5 years to admit that they were wrong all along.

*crickets*

I dont see a switch 2 or what ever they call it in 2022 no way switch sales are still doing great and with Splatoon 3 and ZELDA BOTW 2 to still come sales will not drop of much soon. 2023 or 2024 depending on like how far games may be when it comes to development outside of Zelda BOTW 2, Splatoon 3, Bayneta 3, Metroid prime 4 and Kirby 3d game that was announced at last direct. Mario Kart 9 I think will be a lunch game and maybe a new 3d Mario around launch has we are kind of over do for a new 3d Mario game.

Switch Pro will find new life.

I wonder if the Tegra chips will ever be able to produce the horsepower of the PS5 or Series X.

I'd love to see the chaos a Nintendo console that was high powered and attracted all third parties (while still having the portable lower powered version working in sync) could cause in one of the subsequent gens.

I'd love to see the chaos a Nintendo console that was high powered and attracted all third parties (while still having the portable lower powered version working in sync) could cause in one of the subsequent gens.
it would be back to the Gamecube days but with the hybrid console twist!

Wherever Nintendo goes I’m compelled to follow.

I wonder if the Switch will dethrone the Ps2 as the best selling console of all time

Last year, i was already eXpecting this to be out by 2024, though I don't keep up with Nintendo news. I'm mostly interested to see what the model looks like and I don't think it would surpass or come close to the phenomenal success of the original Switch. But to me, new consoles/its sales are fairly interesting topic when it comes to the video game industry. So I'll keep my eyes on this.

Last year, i was already eXpecting this to be out by 2024, though I don't keep up with Nintendo news. I'm mostly interested to see what the model looks like and I don't think it would surpass or come close to the phenomenal success of the original Switch. But to me, new consoles/its sales are fairly interesting topic when it comes to the video game industry. So I'll keep my eyes on this.
Why do you think that the successor will not come close to surpassing the Switch?

because it sold so much, and Switch felt like a brand new thing rather than the usual successor to previous Nintendo's home/handheld consoles.

because it sold so much, and Switch felt like a brand new thing rather than the usual successor to previous Nintendo's home/handheld consoles.
true but wouldn't that mean that the anticipation for the successor to a brand new thing would be of even higher demand?

the Ps4 is a traditional video game console, not really anything "brand new" in this context, and it was a successful product in Sony's line of video game hardware. the Ps5 is an ongoing success for them, and part of the reason why it has an ongoing high demand is because it is the successor to the Ps4.

Switch and PS4 are different consoles though. The latter can really run impressive graphiX/demanding games which we can't say to Nintendo consoles. Ps5 improved upon from the PS4 - performance wise. Despite supply issues, I think the pandemic helped the public demand for the PS5, since people were stuck at home and online shopping was peaking during 2020/2021 iirc. Switch 2 won't be as powerful as the PS5, and there won't be a groundbreaking gimmick compare to when Switch 1 was released.

Switch 1 also sold so much (139.3 million) that it just seems impossible that the successor would catch up (or come close) to those sales, unless Switch 2 offers something really groundbreaking and fresh?

While the PS5 (50 million in 3 years) is almost halfway from PS4's 117 million, and it should get an extra year from sales, since Ps6 is rumoured for a 2028 releaxe (that would be longer, than PS4's time before the Ps5 was released). But still only time will tell if the PS5 can outsell the PS4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"