No Crackdown sequel.

WhatsHisFace

Avenger
Reaction score
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14450/No-Crackdown-Sequel-for-Realtime-Worlds/

IGN reports that RealTime Worlds, the developer of Crackdown, has no plans for a sequel to the free-form urban action Xbox 360 video game. It's not because they are not interested in developing a new Crackdown title; it's just that Microsoft was late in asking the development of a sequel.

Speaking to Develop Magazine, producer Phil Wilson said the team is "heartbroken" that there won't be a Crackdown 2 but "Microsoft were a little late in stepping up to the plate to ask for Crackdown 2, and by then we had already started working on bigger, better things".

At least it was a good enough game to stand on it's own.

Don't worry, WHF.

They're making "Saints Row 2: MAD SKILLZ THUGZ GANGSTA BLING BLING YO YO YO BEOOOOTCH Edition...FO' REALZ", which will clearly be the best game ever.

Crackdown is the only law-enforcement free-roaming game where I was actually glad to be an official.

As for Saints Row... In the words of Buzz Lightyear... "To infinity... and be-yotch!!!"

Yes... Crackdown is definitely better than both.

COMBINED!!!

I don't doubt it.
I never got to play The Godfather that much.
But what's the point in keeping it if the infinitely better GTA4 is coming?

I didn't play it for too long. It seemed decent enough in terms of EA trying to put in effort... but it still just isn't up to the standards of the GTA series, which itself still has some problems.

Let's just tak about Crackdown.
I remember being really excited about the game, and I'm happy I'll be able to enjoy it pretty soon, and I have to get that extra package thing.

The extra package thing definitely adds a lot more to do... but I think on it's own, Crackdown was more than enough. I still don't have all the orbs, and I still haven't fully upgraded my Agent, so I still have some work to do on that badboy.

I love that game.

It sold 1.5 million but it seems really overlooked. No one ever really talks about it, and that's a shame.

In the beginning...no...

But then after months of playing it and hearing "I CAN SEE MY HOUSE FROM HERE AGENT"

Yes :csad:

I wish I could watch a video of him going about his daily life..

"honey!?!? Where are the twinkies?"

Well it's not a definitive no right? It's just not any time soon. Then again, I guess the longer it takes for them to get around to doing, the less likely they actually will because general interest in the game will decline.

Well it's not a definitive no right? It's just not any time soon. Then again, I guess the longer it takes for them to get around to doing, the less likely they actually will because general interest in the game will decline.
You never know. It took Microsoft forever to make a sequel to "Crimson Skies" but it finally happened. Crackdown 2 could come by in the future, but with game development lengths hovering at around 4 years, since nothing's planned now, It won't be for a while (six years at least).

I thought Godfather was a pretty sweet game, not amazing but if you enjoy the movies you should enjoy "working behind the scenes" for the Don. I really, really didn't like Crackdown at all. It was bland, boring and ugly, I'm sortof glad it's not getting a sequel.

It sold 1.5 million but it seems really overlooked. No one ever really talks about it, and that's a shame.

Most people only bought it for the Halo 3 beta. Seriously, the day after the beta went offline, I saw about 15 used copies of Crackdown at EB Games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"