More Gears of War in 2008!

WhatsHisFace

Avenger
Reaction score
Jeux-France.com

Gameplayer: 2007 is certainly shaping up to be a very big year for games, particularly on the Xbox 360. But what lies in store beyond this Christmas?

Shane Kim: I have great visibility on what Microsoft Game Studios has planned for the future, and we’ve got a lot of great products. It started with Gears of War, Viva Piñata, Crackdown, Forza Motorsport 2, Blue Dragon and Halo 3, but we’re going to keep the momentum going in 2008 with Too Human, Halo Wars, the Peter Jackson stuff, Alan Wake, Fable 2, -the Gears of War thing is still out there -a lot of great things in our portfolio. We’re not going to let up; we think that the quality of our content is where he have an advantage over our competition.
Probably just the PC stuff being released on XBLM. I think a full-on sequel is possible for 2008 though.

if they don't make a sequel, they're really stupid

They're working on the sequel. Microsoft has a three-game deal with Epic so if Gears of War 2 doesn't tank, we'll see a third one as well. Considering GoW was made in a relatively short time for a game of it's caliber, I think it's possible to see GoW2 make Christmas 2008.

Hopefully we've seen the end of this wretched series.

You're a pretty funny comedian.

hopefully it's about twice as long, and better as far as single player goes...multiplayer on Gears was incredible, but the single player was lackluster at best.

they should make a sequel.
gears made lots of bucks so they will in time

hopefully it's about twice as long, and better as far as single player goes...multiplayer on Gears was incredible, but the single player was lackluster at best.

Completely agree.

They're working on the sequel. Microsoft has a three-game deal with Epic so if Gears of War 2 doesn't tank, we'll see a third one as well. Considering GoW was made in a relatively short time for a game of it's caliber, I think it's possible to see GoW2 make Christmas 2008.

Actually, MS only has exclusive publishing rights for the first two games. If Epic decided it's in their best interest, they could have someone else publish GEOW3 and put it on multiple platforms.

But what's more important right now is the fact that Epic has been having a bit of a feud with MS over the way Xbox Live is set up, and some say that it's damaging the relationship between them (and resulted in Unreal Tournament 3 being exclusive to PS3 until next year). Epic doesn't like the fact that MS wants them to charge for download content, does not allow for user created mods, only supports P2P networking rather than dedicated servers, won't let PC players play against Xbox Live players (unless they want to give MS a $50 donation each year), and won't let 360 players connect a mouse and keyboard to play with.

MS would be idiots if they let Epic leave them without a Gears sequel, so I think it's in their best interest to address their complaints rather than sticking to their stubborn guns.

Actually, MS only has exclusive publishing rights for the first two games. If Epic decided it's in their best interest, they could have someone else publish GEOW3 and put it on multiple platforms.

But what's more important right now is the fact that Epic has been having a bit of a feud with MS over the way Xbox Live is set up, and some say that it's damaging the relationship between them (and resulted in Unreal Tournament 3 being exclusive to PS3 until next year). Epic doesn't like the fact that MS wants them to charge for download content, does not allow for user created mods, only supports P2P networking rather than dedicated servers, won't let PC players play against Xbox Live players (unless they want to give MS a $50 donation each year), and won't let 360 players connect a mouse and keyboard to play with.

MS would be idiots if they let Epic leave them without a Gears sequel, so I think it's in their best interest to address their complaints rather than sticking to their stubborn guns.
That's complete BS.

First of all, a press release was issued that Microsoft and Epic are in a three-game publishing deal back in late 2005. A Microsoft employee was quoted talking about how they're planning "the Gears of War trilogy" around the launch of the first title. That later is what caused Mark Rein to make the famous "Why stop at three?" quote.

Second, the relationship between Microsoft and Epic is fine. Epic fully acknowledges that Microsoft's publishing and advertising for the game is what got them over 4 million units sold, and as such, understand why Microsoft needs to make money off of the title. I think you should also know that as of Sept. 1st, all Gears of War DLC became 100% free.

Third, Unreal Tournament 3 being a timed PS3 exclusive has to do with a deal between Midway and Sony, not Epic. I figured you'd know that as merely developer of the game, Epic isn't allowed to just make decisions like that before going through Midway. And to catch you up on a little bit of history: UT3 was announced as a PS3 exclusive long before "Gears of War" came out and especially before "Gears of War" had any DLC that cost money.

As for not being allowed to play with a keyboard and mouse: I laugh in your face. You do realise they demo the PC version of "Gears" using a 360 controller hooked up to a PC, don't you?

Of course you don't. You're an idiot 4x over.

Short? Yes. Lackluster? No, not even close. The single player campaign might have been about 5 hours too short, but it was an exciting ride the whole way through. I thought the co-op was some of the most fun iv had playing a video game in a while.

Short? Yes. Lackluster? No, not even close. The single player campaign might have been about 5 hours too short, but it was an exciting ride the whole way through. I thought the co-op was some of the most fun iv had playing a video game in a while.

I couldnt even play it for more than an hour at a time without getting incredibly bored by it...it was repetetive as crap, and not in a good "same 30 seconds of fun" way either.

I had a lot of fun with the single player campaign. It was even better co-op. I still replay a few favorite levels.

I'd say it's safe to say Gears of War was a great game, considering all the GOTY awards it has.

Only problem I had with Gears of War was it's length, way too short, I just started getting into the story and it was over. I hope a sequel comes out next year, since the first ended on a cliffhanger.

Only problem I had with Gears of War was it's length, way too short, I just started getting into the story and it was over. I hope a sequel comes out next year, since the first ended on a cliffhanger.

...Gears of War had a story? In game? Where?

The story was, be a badass and kill those Locust mother****ers. :o

Didn't we find out there were a whole lot more locusts than we thought there were?

The ending leaves it open for the obvious sequel, but also makes you think the enemies may be fighting for their own worthy cause and aren't just evil mofos. Hopefully they expand on it.

Yeah, hopefully in Gears of War 2 the cutscenes serve the story, instead of a reason my suddenly your quartet is splitting up.

Hopefully we've seen the end of this wretched series.
It is incorrect to use 'hopefully'. It's a made up word. I've just read a page long article for the LPC on this 'bastard' word. Lol. Never heard people get so angry about a word in my entire life.

It is incorrect to use 'hopefully'. It's a made up word. I've just read a page long article for the LPC on this 'bastard' word. Lol. Never heard people get so angry about a word in my entire life.

anyone who gets upset over a word, and a common one like hopefully at that, is a god damn idiot who's trying way too hard to sound smart :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"