No reviews yet for the new FF movie? Hmmm I smell

"Ultimately, Fox’s stab at reviving one of its inherited Marvel properties feels less like a blockbuster for this age of comics-oriented tentpoles than it does another also-ran — not an embarrassment, but an experiment that didn’t gel. And having seemingly missed twice in trying to get “Fantastic Four” right, the studio, unlike Reed, might want to think seriously before making any more trips back to the drawing board."

Except it's not twice - it's THRICE.

I like how they changed Tim Blake Nelson's name and we're actually getting Victor Von Doom.

That change must have happened really late in the game considering TBN refered to the character as Elder in an interview just last week, unless no-one actually told him they had made the change, I suppose that is possible.

A friend of mine who does a lot of film reviews on YouTube did not seem very impressed with the film either. Can't say I'm really surprised to be honest.

Bye Bye FF4... you had your shot, and you obviously failed miserably. This early onslaught of ****-reviews most likely won't get any better. We're never gonna see FF4 on the big screen again.

I told you guys...This film was trash and will be trash.

Fox has no reason to handle these characters. Some people tried giving the benefit of the doubt but honestly this is the worst comic book film since Catwoman.

Bye Bye FF4... you had your shot, and you obviously failed miserably. This early onslaught of ****-reviews most likely won't get any better. We're never gonna see FF4 on the big screen again.

But what if Marvel gets the rights? Think they'll be peripheral characters while the Avengers fight Galactus?

But what if Marvel gets the rights? Think they'll be peripheral characters while the Avengers fight Galactus?

I think Marvel wants Silver Surfer and Galactus to lead the cosmic stories and Avengers stories...They probably bury Fantastic Four for years as Marvel has done this for many heroes until they figure out what to do there.

I think Marvel wants Silver Surfer and Galactus to lead the cosmic stories and Avengers stories...They probably bury Fantastic Four for years as Marvel has done this for many heroes until they figure out what to do there.

I don't think they'll be buried because seeing what happened with Spider-Man is that they rearranged Phase 3 for him. I see them at least being used as supporting characters for the whole MCU. They'll show up in other movies and maybe have a Netflix series centered around them vs Doom at most while the cosmic characters show up in Avengers and GOTG movies.

Just the mere fact that this film won't even have a Red Carpet Premiere is something to take notice to. They wanna save as much money as they can.

Wow this is looks to be a total dud was on the fence before to go see it now im definetely not, probably watch antman again.

Even if Marvel got the rights back next year, they should leave the FF alone for like 10-20 years.

Even if Marvel got the rights back next year, they should leave the FF alone for like 10-20 years.

Nah, I'm betting they'll use them in phase 4. They'll introduce them in another superhero's film first, show the public that it's their FF and the public will easily be won over.

Until they come home to Marvel

Until they come home to Marvel

Robert Liefeld is already ranting about how Fox will never give this franchise back. Dude's in Fox's corner big time.

Those Fox checks cash real well.

Just the mere fact that this film won't even have a Red Carpet Premiere is something to take notice to. They wanna save as much money as they can.

I didn't even notice that wow. Even Xmen 3 and Green Lantern had red carpet premieres. Fox seemed to have no faith at all in this movie...

FF back with Disney means we'd get a real Galactus, a real Doom and a Jack Kirby Silver Surfer. Those 3 characters would fit beautifully in the MCU. God knows, the MCU needs those 2 villains badly.

Robert Liefeld is already ranting about how Fox will never give this franchise back. Dude's in Fox's corner big time.

His rant mean nothing just like his art.

Liefeld should get off twitter and come back after he's learned how to draw feet.

(He's probably right about Fox though: those idiots will hold onto those rights until the bitter end.)

I love this excerpt from the review:

Beginning with Teller and Jordan, who have done such promising early work, the cast is utterly wasted here with mostly rote explanatory dialogue and little conflict or nuance to work on a dramatic level. And the visual style is in a dark, unattractive, gloomy mode that infects every aspect of the film.

Near the end, Teller's Reed comments on the status of the group's actions by proclaiming, “We opened this door, we're gonna close it.” The sooner the better.

:woot:

Marvel Comics should really get rid of Liefeld if they haven't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"