Nordic Aliens

Zur En Arrh

Civilian
Reaction score
My brother was looking into our ancestors and found out that our bloodline is linked to a conspiracy theory about "nordic aliens" and the first thing that came to mind was something I saw lurking on here about the Asgardians possibly being an alien race. Personally I think the more vague the origins of Asgard are the better as far as the movie goes, but interesting still.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_aliens

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread60055/pg1

I say go with the native AMerican Legend that strange people who resembled Vikings landed on the shore of AMerica years before any colonials did. Link that to Viking myth of gods some how.

They could then touch base on the Bifrost Bridge, being destroyed over a thousand years ago as well, the asgaurdians used to visit our planet, with much more frequency, but it was destoryed.

The professor Stelan Skarsgaurd could be linking these things togeather, bring it into the story line making it seem... more real

Apparently. I still don't understand why it's such a big deal for the Asgardians to simply be the gods of Norse myth. Just leave their origins vague if it's such a huge problem. Leave the alien crap for Earth X. :o

Sorry...substitute Alien with Inter-Dimensional Beings.

I think it would be interesting if the Asgaurdians interactions with Humans is part of what made them identify themselves as Gods in the first place.... Think about that one.

I think it would be interesting if the Asgardians were just the gods of Norse myth and no one questioned it, the same way the Olympians can appear in a thousand movies as simply the gods of Greek and Roman myths and no one questions it. Jumping through all these hoops is unnecessary.

I think it would be interesting if the Asgardians were just the gods of Norse myth and no one questioned it, the same way the Olympians can appear in a thousand movies as simply the gods of Greek and Roman myths and no one questions it. Jumping through all these hoops is unnecessary.

To what extent tho...........do you validate the Norse creation myths?

I'd like to have them be the God's but with the advanced tech in there as well. Never make a reference to it, never question it. It should be a unique and mysterious place, but slightly informed by the myths.

But they are more then Just Gods Corpulent.....the existence of nine other realms that they have knoledge of makes it justifiable.

Thier knowledge and power is what amkes them appear to be Gods, Unless they plan on bringing Hercules and his pantheon into this realm, and explanation could help give Thor a concreate reality in this universe.

To what extent tho...........do you validate the Norse creation myths?
Why would that even come up? If they want to include the creation myth, just have them narrate it with, "Some say..." blah, blah, blah; like they're telling a story that has been passed down for ages and become legend. Frame it as a myth, basically, and let the audience decide for themselves whether they want to believe it's true or not. You don't have to spell everything out for viewers.

But they are more then Just Gods Corpulent.....the existence of nine other realms that they have knoledge of makes it justifiable.

Thier knowledge and power is what amkes them appear to be Gods, Unless they plan on bringing Hercules and his pantheon into this realm, and explanation could help give Thor a concreate reality in this universe.
The fact that we will all see that Thor exists in that universe gives him a concrete reality in that universe. We know the gods will live in another dimension and the other nine realms exist because of what Feige said, but why do we have to rattle off an explanation about it? A certain amount of mystique is paramount to any magical beings. If you go out of your way to explain every little detail, they cease to feel magical.

Why would that even come up? If they want to include the creation myth, just have them narrate it with, "Some say..." blah, blah, blah; like they're telling a story that has been passed down for ages and become legend. Frame it as a myth, basically, and let the audience decide for themselves whether they want to believe it's true or not. You don't have to spell everything out for viewers.

I am unclear where your going....are you saying no explanation is necessary for Asgard or for Asgardians in the film other than to say they are the beings the Norse worshipped as gods?

Sorry.....missed your reply to Weadazoid, it pretty much answers my question. I agree to much explaining will remove the "magic" of the character.

Last edited:
Yes. Do we get explanations about who the Greek gods are in every movie that features them? People understand the concept of pagan gods as advanced, magical beings already. They don't need to belabor the point in Thor.

Yes. Do we get explanations about who the Greek gods are in every movie that features them? People understand the concept of pagan gods as advanced, magical beings already. They don't need to belabor the point in Thor.

Argued this before.........featuring Olympians in films based on mythical events like Jason and the Argonauts, or Clash of the Titans is one thing but featuring Oympians in a "real world" is another; to put them in a "real world" some relational expanation is necessary, the sticking point is how exhaustive the explanation must be.

I disagree. We all know it's fiction, so you don't have to explain why fictional gods coexist alongside other fictional characters. People are familiar with gods and if you show they exist in a given world, they'll accept it as a basic part of that particular fictional world.

I personally don't see WHY Asgardian gods, Greek, etc all HAVE to be explained to that extent.
Why not just leave the people and the Magiks a mystery?

Argued this before.........featuring Olympians in films based on mythical events like Jason and the Argonauts, or Clash of the Titans is one thing but featuring Oympians in a "real world" is another; to put them in a "real world" some relational expanation is necessary, the sticking point is how exhaustive the explanation must be.

Did they give them an explanation in the Percy Jackson movie? I haven't seen it, but that's a use of Olympians in a modern setting, so I wonder.

It's not a real world. It's the fictional Marvel Movieverse, in which giant green monsters, advanced technology, SHIELD, and Norse gods exist... What is so confusing about that?

Last edited:
By "real world" I assume he means the modern world.

It's not a real world. It's the fictional Marvel Movieverse, in which giant green monsters, advanced technology, SHIELD, an Norse gods exist... What is so confusing about that?

Nothing confusing......the Marvel Movieverse explains it's inhabitants, giant green monsters are created by gamma radiation, wall-crawlers are bitten by radioactive spiders, etc. . They may be fantastically impossible explanations but they are explanations for the existance of Marvel's heroes. My only point is Thor, the inhabitants of Asgard and the relationship they share with Earth will also need an explanation.

Last edited:
Nothing confusing......the Marvel Movieverse explains it's inhabitants, giant green monsters are created by gamma radiation, wall-crawlers are bitten by radioactive spiders, etc. . My only point is Thor, the inhabitants of Asgard and the relationship they share with Earth will also need an explanation.

What needs to be explained? They live in seperate dimentions.

There is an explanation: They're gods. Why can Thor control the weather? He's the god of thunder. Why is Thor stronger than almost everyone? He's a warrior god. Why does Thor have a magic hammer? Gods are magical. Pretty simple.

Then the explanation for Thor is that he's a Norse God. There is no explanation how gamma rays create giant green monsters, or how a spider bite can alter someone's DNA, regardless of radiation. These things just happen, but since they're veiled by the explanation of "science" some people think that that makes them more acceptable on face value. It's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"