Not a photo, but a digital painting

It takes more talent drawing--than snapping a few photos.

I assume everyone can agree on that.

Just as it takes more talent on writing a short story (or novel)--than writing poetry.

yes, but this artist has totally disregarded photography as an artform altogether, basically . . .

Had this guy not taken a Photograph of his model, he wouldn't have his 'painting'.

Had this guy not taken a Photograph of his model, he wouldn't have his 'painting'.

what I don't get is why he's not producing cool sh1t with his talent . . . he could have taken this lackluster composition of this girl and gave her a realistic mustache, and bull horns or something on her head . . . I mean, something weird or creative and pushing those concepts while being able to achieve this kind of realism would be something truly great . . .

but this guy has a feathered mullet w/ a tucked in polo so I'm not gonna hold my breath :o

what I don't get is why he's not producing cool sh1t with his talent . . . he could have taken this lackluster composition of this girl and gave her a realistic mustache, and bull horns or something on her head . . . I mean, something weird or creative and pushing those concepts while being able to achieve this kind of realism would be something truly great . . .

but this guy has a feathered mullet w/ a tucked in polo so I'm not gonna hold my breath :o

lol

Just as it takes more talent on writing a short story (or novel)--than writing poetry.

Trying to create a hierarchy of 'talent' or 'amount of work' within art forms is sophomoric.

Its pointless to argue about- like kids on the playground. "My picture in the dirt is better than yours!" "Nu-uh! Mine took more time!" "Yeah well I used little rocks, so mine took more talent!" :whatever:

"Talent" just like "Good Art" or even "Art" are subjective terms that can be argued until the end of time, but in the end there is no concrete reference to measure any of these things against.

like i've said i'm both a photographer and illustrator but to say that art such as painting/drawing is more skillfull and takes more talent and deserves more respect than that photogrpaher, thats moronic. eg something done by ansel adams isnt worth as much as say something done by jackson pollock.

eg something done by ansel adams isnt worth as much as say something done by jackson pollock.
Thank you. Great example.
This guy is saying that a Jackson Pollock is Art (which it is) because he used his human hand to create the image.
But many photogrpahs require WAaAaaAay more of an artistic eye, necessitating artistic decisions, than the explosive, immediacy of the expression in a Pollock.

for years i studied to be an artist but quit this year because of the arrogance and crap that is considered art. I looked around the students i was with and while there were stunning resin casts and photography (incuding photoshop enhanced ones!) there was a lot of crap. There was a girl who did lots of mediocre paintings and hung them in a spiderweb made out of string in a tree who scored higher than me, and it was a really bland idea behind it. It basically meant 'I love my family'

I'm I the only one who thinks this is ironic. You complain about the arrogance in the art world, yet your upset that someones mediocre artwork scored higher than your assumably superior piece.

It reminds me of George Carlin's bit, "Have you ever noticed that their stuff is ****, and your **** is stuff?" :up:

this one?

CCIronManPoster.jpg

I can still tell it's a painting, but I'd like to see the original version for comparrison . . .

No, this one:

ironmanteaserposter.jpg

But again, thats just how illustration works. You submit your piece to whomever commissioned it and they do whatever they want. Rarely does the piece look the same way you created it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"