Of all the things to come home to

Tyrinus

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well since I'm not in the mood to call anyone, I'll vent here.

I get home tonight and learn that my building flooded because of heavy rain. I'm on the ground floor which means my apt was soaked. I got home about 10pm after ten hour work day, only to have to clean my apt. I threw some stuff out(lost a box of books), some dvds got wet(no big deal but the case inserts/covers are ruined, and my ps2 had been sitting on the floor(although I'm not sure how wet it got). I basically only had to get rid of a box of books, kinda wish I hadn't stored some things in cardboard boxes though. Then I spent well over an hour using a wet vac on my carpet, cleaning my kitchen and bathroom floors, and redoing laundry that I washed a couple days ago but hadn't put up yet(it was soaked too).

Here I sit, waiting for my laundry to dry, exhausted, yet not too upset. And as you may have guessed, somehow my computer didn't suffer at all even though it too was on the floor, no water got inside.

lol what a night.

Sucks, man. Horrible luck. So, was this flooding from the outside ground area, or was it shoddy construction? If it was the latter, maybe you could be reimbursed?

Wow I'm sorry. :csad:

We've been havin' flood issues where I am too. Thankfully, I live on high ground. :)

Well I've lived here for like 2 years and this is the only time it's done this in that time frame. From my understanding, drains all over the city backed up all over, so it was nasty drain water.
From what I heard the leasing company will be cleaning everyone's carpet in the next day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"