To move or not to move?

Spider-Who?

ERMERGERD!
Reaction score
Okay, I've got a little bit of a dilemma that i need some outsider's opinion on.

I recently graduated college and am still living in my apartment with college buddies in philly. My fiance lives in AC, not too far from here. My hometown is in VA. As it stands, I'm having trouble getting a job in my field and in the city, so I probably wont be able to make next months rent.

Here's the question: Do i skip town and move in with my parents in VA where I can get a job round town and not pay rent, with the hopes of my fiance being able to follow me/risking the torture of a long distance relationship? The plus side to being in VA is I'll be close to family and friends, have a car and be able to get back with my band to play at bars and **** (awesome).

OR

do i take my mother's charity and let her pay for next months rent? Problem is, she's be using money she got when her step mom died recently, and I dont feel good about that (of course I'd pay her back, but still). If i did, and stayed in this apt, I'd be near my woman, but be stuck in an apartment with a buncha guys I love, yet hate all at once (messy, immature, pains in the asses) and hope i can find a job to save up and move out?

If i could get a damn animation job, that would be sweet, but its not working out right now.

So what do you guys think? Should I stay or go?

There's no shame in moving back home temporarily to get back on your feet. I've done it. You'll have mom's home cooking too. You're engaged and I'm sure you and your fiancée will do fine with this short term separation.

I've done the roommate thing,7 was the most I lived with and that was when I was a homeowner.I much more prefer living alone but that's me.
Good luck getting back on your feet. :up:

Which one is going to give you the best prospects from a long-term perspective, overall? That's the question you ought to be asking yourself.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"