Official Ant-Man Spoiler Discussion Thread

I saw the movie. I saw that scene. I don't appreciate your condescending attitude. That scene still is not enough to justify why its not Hope based on the end of the movie. Her role is forced and not integral to the film and only seems to undermine Lang. That's the thing about opinions, not everyone has to see things the same ways you do and not everyone has to agree.

That scene and after Hank is finally honest for once really should just underscore that he should let Hope lead the heist.

Not to mention, this is not a War Machine situation. Hope van Dyne was never the Wasp. She was the Red Queen and a villain in MC2. She had a chip on her shoulder that she did not inherit her father's legacy and turned evil as a result.

This is not Janet van Dyne getting to play as the Wasp next time. Janet was fridged.

Janet will be in the MCU, that is why they never showed her face. Leaves them open without committing to an actress. And since it was Hank's mission it was his call. Of course he is not going to risk losing his daughter, he already lost his wife. It's quite simple. I take it you're not a father?

Yet he still risks it anyway...so...that really has nothing to do with it and you saying that is absolute nonsense.

There is no expectation or proof that Janet will return proper and actually become the Wasp, when they are basically making Hope the Wasp.

Well I'm pretty sure Cassie calling him helped him from completely losing touch with reality. That is why they made sure you could hear her voice. Lang even says afterwards to Hank that he doesn't remember anything about it really. If it wasn't for the love of his daughter he wouldn't have thought to use the blue disc in the first place. The whole theme of the movie is the bond between father and daughter so her calling out for him was very important

Does the blue disc/button just turn off the Pym Particles & Scott just goes back to his normal human size or does using the blue disc/button somehow alter the Pym Particles in some way which will later allow him to become Giant-Man also?

Yet he still risks it anyway...so...that really has nothing to do with it and you saying that is absolute nonsense.

There is no expectation or proof that Janet will return proper and actually become the Wasp, when they are basically making Hope the Wasp.

I see it more of a case as "here, go rescue your mother" situation. Can't expect Hope to do that without proper protection, right? ;)

I see it more of a case as "here, go rescue your mother" situation. Can't expect Hope to do that without proper protection, right? ;)

That's not how it was left at all. There was no, "hey we know where your mother is now. Now go rescue her." It was, "OK, you can be the Wasp now. Here's a Wasp suit, now go be the Wasp."

I agree with Vile there. Janet isn't coming back. Hope is the Wasp. Its about passing the mantle.

Does Feige call me and run things by me on a daily basis? Not yet, still hoping he returns my calls though. But based on what was in the movie with things like the flashback showing her face fully covered, the one pic of her and Hope as a child with the hat covering her face and the end where Hank is asking Scott about the micro-verse all point to Janet having the option to come back should Marvel wish to go that route. Otherwise they would have just had a pic with some random lady since they wouldn't bring her back. Is it a definite thing she will? Only Feige and co know for sure, but they damn sure left the door open

Does the blue disc/button just turn off the Pym Particles & Scott just goes back to his normal human size or does using the blue disc/button somehow alter the Pym Particles in some way which will later allow him to become Giant-Man also?

Well as far as I understood it the blue disc made anything they come in contact with big. So when it hits the ant and Thomas the train engine they got really big. Now considering how small Scott was while he was going into the micro-verse the blue disc is used in a Dues Ex Machina way to solve the problem but one can assume they will use it to make either Hank or Scott big next go around if they want. I for one welcome the giant Michael Douglas whooping butt in the MCU haha

The suit is quite different. Not only in color but it doesn't have anything covering the arms either soooo not sure which suit your're referring to. Are you getting confused from the flashback with that Wasp suit? Because that one looks almost identical to Hank's suit.

Uh, yes it does. It means the whole time Hank thought he was covertly spying on Cross, Cross actually was watching him and keeping tabs the whole time. Not that hard to follow

)

Sorry, I get confused. Yes, it's Janet suit.

Just wondering, in the opening scene, how did they make Michael Douglas so young?

I guess it's the same technology they used to make Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen young in the opening scene in X3.

I thought it's a bit far fetched that in the beginning, Scott is able to break into Hank's safe.

He is able to get pass the fingerprint code and able to blow up the safe so easily.

It seems so unbelievable.

I don't think burglars are that skilled.

And the ending looks so fake.

The ex-wife, step dad and the ex-husband and the daughter sits happily at the dinner table.

It never mentions that Scott has a job now and able to pay child support. So why would the ex-wife and step dad invite Scott to dinner at their house?

And the part where Scott breaks into Hank's safe? The step-dad is just going to erase that from Scott's criminal history??

I thought it's a bit far fetched that in the beginning, Scott is able to break into Hank's safe.

He is able to get pass the fingerprint code and able to blow up the safe so easily.

He has a masters in electrical engineering.

And the ending looks so fake.

The ex-wife, step dad and the ex-husband and the daughter sits happily at the dinner table.

It never mentions that Scott has a job now and able to pay child support. So why would the ex-wife and step dad invite Scott to dinner at their house?

And the part where Scott breaks into Hank's safe? The step-dad is just going to erase that from Scott's criminal history??

I guess the charges were dropped in Hank's robbery. By Hank himself perhaps. In the jail breakout, ants covered the camera or short curcuit them. Can't remember.

With Scott's skillset, knowledge, and him being a former tech engineer, I don't see how it's that far-fetched. Burglars come from many different backgrounds and can be quite smart and skilled in pulling off heists.

The Falcon cameo.....they have the falcon just to have him beaten up by Ant-Man.

Kinda embarrassing.

That scene kind of shows that Ant Man is more powerful than Falcon.

Can the Wasp mind controlled the ants??

Since Hope is going to wear the Wasp suit, can she controls an army of ants??

Or does the Wasp controlled an army of......wasps? or bees ?

I am wondering.....since the big ant....the ant that Ant-Man is riding on....has died....due to being shot by Darren Cross....

Does that mean that Ant Man no longer has an ant for him to ride on ??

Can the Wasp mind controlled the ants??

Since Hope is going to wear the Wasp suit, can she controls an army of ants??

Or does the Wasp controlled an army of......wasps? or bees ?

Ant-Man should be able to communicate with/control various types of bugs & with the right frequency Hope/Wasp will be able to control different types of bugs also.

The Falcon cameo.....they have the falcon just to have him beaten up by Ant-Man.

Kinda embarrassing.

That scene kind of shows that Ant Man is more powerful than Falcon.
Well Falcon is only a guy wearing a wingsuit while Ant-Man is wearing a suit where he can shrink and disappear to take his opponent by surprise so I don't see the problem exactly.

Just wondering, in the opening scene, how did they make Michael Douglas so young?

I guess it's the same technology they used to make Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen young in the opening scene in X3.

Only better, Douglas looked like he was straight out of Wall Street in the opening.

There's spidey reference in the end. However, the vista corp that scott used to broke and steal from when pym was talking about his record, isn't that supposed to be oscorp?

Well Falcon is only a guy wearing a wingsuit while Ant-Man is wearing a suit where he can shrink and disappear to take his opponent by surprise so I don't see the problem exactly.

From that scene we had..I can quite boldly say if they go 1 vs 1 without any gear/equipment. .falcon would have won .

Stuff I liked in the movie.

Surprise cameos - I had no idea Hayley Atwell and John Slattery were going to appear as Peggy Carter and Howard Stark in the prologue. So it was a delight to see them. As was seeing Howard Mackie as Falcon. Some might claim it feels tacked on to have him there just to tie Ant-Man to the Avengers at one point, but it was still nice to have him appear and interact with Scott.

The Wasp - It's good that the movie didn't forget about Janet Van Dyne. A shame though that her death is what spurs Hank into his self imposed exile, but at least he's passing the mantle of Wasp to his daughter Hope. Though there's no signs of a direct sequel for this film, I do hope to see Evangeline Lilly as Wasp in other Marvel flicks.

Do they mention the Wasp by name at all?

Hank mentions that Janet went by the codename Wasp during the Cold War. They were partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"