Official Ant-Man Spoiler Discussion Thread

Editing wise it would have made more sense to put the scene where Cross successfully shrinks the sheep after Lang's training montage. If Cross was successful then why did he take so long to give Hydra the formula? Yes he was testing it on himself too but it seemed like a disconnect.
Cross was keeping the main supply of Pym Particles. He was selling the Yellowjacket suit but he wanted to managed the distribution of the particles which made his buyers dependant on him.

As Hank said it made him the most powerful man in the world.
So, we know that Mitchell Carson was working with Howard Stark in SHIELD in 1989, and that later in the film he's shown with HYDRA. Given what we learned in TWS, it's highly likely that he was always a HYDRA agent embedded in SHIELD, and additionally may have had a role in Howard's assassination. He did seem a bit annoyed with Howard's reaction after Pym hit him.
I think they said Carson was a Mercenary currently. I don't think he was a long term loyal Hydra agent. Carson teamed up with Hydra because they offered him the most money I believe.
I feel worse about Antony's death then Quicksilver's
:funny: Me too.

Quick questions, if using the Pym technology made you crazy, how come Cross did yet Scott didn't, even though they used the technology for about the same amount of time, if not then Scott used it even more than Cross.

Also, assuming Hank Pym chose Scott believing he would use the Pym tech wisely, how could Pym, or even Scott, trust TI and David Dastmalchian with the knowledge of the tech, didn't they just meet Scott anyway?

Don't think Cross had all the edges sorted out as opposed to Pym who had the technology working for years and probably made improvements along the way. Pym said he had debilitated from using it for so long, but I assume that Cross' version just wasn't as stable as Pym's. I assume he had a big chunk of access to Hank's research but not enough to replicate it exactly.

Very surprised by the Falcon/Scott fight. Did not see that coming.

Yeah the Avengers headquarters was a nice surprise, and I was really impressed with Falcon's skills in that fight. He's clearly had a bit of a Stark upgrade to his kit and he handled himself well. But that was an excellent scene that really knitted perfectly into the MCU.

That mini tank hank pym kept in his jacket..oh mine..love to have one of those to be used in emergency :)

So now we know that the new Avengers headquarters is actually an old Stark facility.

Also with seeing the way the Microverse looked, I can totally see how Dr. Strange could work now.

Sorry, but how do you see it working? No offense here, I don't read dr strange's comics. Love to know more .

Sorry, but how do you see it working? No offense here, I don't read dr strange's comics. Love to know more .

Doctor Strange is going to feature all sorta of crazy other realms and reality warping stuff. The Quantum Realm gives an idea of the sort of visuals to expect, just expect them even crazier and on a larger scale

Ant-Man proves those sorts of visuals work on screen plus look super cool and trippy

In the theater in my seat. I'm ready! It's not too crowded thank god. I'm excited lets do this.

Just watched Ant-Man.

I was glad to see the Falcon. I had no idea he was going to appear. He might've appeared in trailers, but since I avoided the later ones other than the first one, it was a nice surprise.

Michael Douglas looks good in the opening sequence and like he does in Wall Street. Apparently, they made use of the same techniques for aging Peggy in Winter Soldier. They also used a body double for reference, which was actor Dax Griffin, who apparently bears some resemblance to Douglas around that age.

14025466_ori.jpg

Also, Douglas said that he would like Catherine Zeta Jones to possibly play Janet if she does appear in a future movie. Peyton Reed says that there is always hope that she could appear and that there are some clues apparently when Scott enters the micro verse at the end. Not sure which ones they are.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/...-douglas-and-peyton-reed.html#~piPDr4Hu2uTLxg

The movie was good overall, but I found the first part with Scott planning to break into Pym's house and all of it leading up to that a little on the slow side. It took a while to get going. I was also expecting to see a 60s era Pym adventure at the start, like an opening action sequence. I thought this is what Edgar Wright had planned. Instead it was just a dramatic scene with Pym quitting SHIELD.

Yeah I could see Lilly being the daughter of Zeta-Jones and Douglas.

Haven't read this thread yet and this might be a dumb question, but was Hope dating Cross? Or were they just colleagues? I'm totally blanking on that aspect of the movie.

Haven't read this thread yet and this might be a dumb question, but was Hope dating Cross? Or were they just colleagues? I'm totally blanking on that aspect of the movie.

They were just colleagues as far as I knew.

The movie blew me away in how seemlessly awesome it was.
I did a good job in avoiding everything but the original teaser and trailer and the movie felt fresh and fun.

That gun that Cross had in combination with the Ant-Man tech would certainly make for an amazing assassin!

Was the Pym building blown up at the end or merely shrunk?

It was cool to see Pym using that tank on the end of his keychain to escape. It was kind of similar to how he used to shrink weapons down in West Coast Avengers in order to be used later on at full size.

Don't think Cross had all the edges sorted out as opposed to Pym who had the technology working for years and probably made improvements along the way. Pym said he had debilitated from using it for so long, but I assume that Cross' version just wasn't as stable as Pym's. I assume he had a big chunk of access to Hank's research but not enough to replicate it exactly.
Pym also makes a direct reference to the helmet too and it how it stabilizes the brain (something to that effect). Hopefully somebody with a better memory can elaborate.

Well I loved it! The movie had a lot. Great humor and heart and emotion. Great fx like really really good stuff. Good fun action and I thought Yellowjacket was a great villain. Falcon cameo was awesome and the 2 credits scenes were great. Especially the Wasp suit. Rudd was wonderful, I think he has done for Ant Man what Pratt did for Star Lord/GOTG.

I think this one definitely ranks in the top of my MCU list for sure. It was definitely Marvel and their formula so all that familiarity was there, to make it blend in seamlessly with the MCU. But it was also something fresh and new I think in the way that guardians was. And they pulled it off.

The one thing that I didn't understand, probably something that i can finally relate to Scott's character, is what did Luis mean when he said "Yes" at the very end of the film? What was he saying yes to?

It was poorly written and all clunky. I think saying yes to him being in the Avengers. But I was also like, "WTF, yes what?!" I hated all the Luis garbage and montages.

Apparently, the shadowy figure seen in the quantum realm was the character known as "Eternity", not Janet. This was said by Mr. Sunday Movies....which I'm gonna go with.

After my second viewing. I really believe Cassie's constant calling out for her daddy kept Scott lang from getting totally "lost" when he was in the quantum realm. .That enable scott to use his quick thinking to save himself. What do you all think?

Hank pym mentioned using the suit took a toll on him, but did he mentioned what exactly will happen to the user after over-usage of it? Was it mentioned?

It would be great if Ant-Man did get a sequel, and part of the plot involved Scott and Hope going into the quantum realm to retrieve Janet. They could be guided by Hank from the outside so they can always hear his voice. It might be a little like Inner Space or Fantastic Voyage.

But I wouldn't want the entire plot to be about that. Maybe they retrieve her because they need Jan for something extremely important that only she can do (as well as to reunite her with Hank and Hope).

BTW, I'm glad that Hank survived this movie. I thought for certain he was going to probably die when he was shot or when Cross was about to shoot him. It was refreshing that he made it through to the end, and didn't even sacrifice himself for Hope or anything like that but used the miniature tank to get them out.

Great film. That tank scene was very clever. Falcon was cool too

Last edited:
I had my issues with it but I thought it was a fun ride. I don't know if I want a sequel but I definitely want Wasp in a movie soon. Her suit looked great and I hope we get to see that soon.

I would like Marvel to figure out a way to have Wasp without her wearing a helmet but showing her face like in the comics. Maybe it could be an invisible helmet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"